• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

GOPHER FOOTBALL BABY!!!

JBMasterAngler

Gophers got very lucky today. They had certainly put themselves in a position to lose that game and were very lucky to take advantage of an Indiana mistake.

Not saying these gopher wins aren't nice wins and they are certainly better than the usual alternative but before anyone gets too excited just remember that the Gophers have beat Indiana and Northwestern who have a combined 1 Big 10 win and Nebraska who has only beat Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern who have a combined 0 Big 10 wins.

And next year they might only win 2 games. Why cr*p in the Gopher punchbowl now?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• CaptainMusky

• JBMasterAngler

• zepman

Gophers got very lucky today. They had certainly put themselves in a position to lose that game and were very lucky to take advantage of an Indiana mistake.

Not saying these gopher wins aren't nice wins and they are certainly better than the usual alternative but before anyone gets too excited just remember that the Gophers have beat Indiana and Northwestern who have a combined 1 Big 10 win and Nebraska who has only beat Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern who have a combined 0 Big 10 wins.

Or you can say the Gophers are finding out how to win! That is part of the maturation process of a team. Im not saying its luck... Not three weeks in a row. Kill has this team he put together, believing...

Good Luck!

Ken

Hey, I think Big Dave is finally coming around, he'll be wearing Gopher garb after another win.

I'll stick with my Crimson Tide T-shirt.

That game was a little too exciting for my taste! When is the last time the gophers won 3 conference games in a row? I would say there is about 0% chance the gophers will be ranked after this win, but that's not saying they aren't heading in the right direction! It's rare for them to have a feel good attitude at this point in the season! Penn State is very beatable, and even though I hold the liberty bell on the very low end of all the trophy games, it would be a nice trinket for these guys to win.

It's too bad Nebraska won on that last second hail mary! Even if the gophers keep winning, they'll still need all the help they can get to get a new years day bowl game.

The Gophers defense pretty much fell apart in the second half today, luckily Indiana's defense was just a little worse then ours to end the game. They got lucky, but I guess, Indiana got lucky we left them back in the game, just to compete for their home crowd. I agree, PS is a winnable game as well. If we can some how pull out 2 more wins this year, we may may get a better bowl game, then the Toughskin Jeans bowl this year.

That reminds me, I think they need to get rid of these Feel Good Bowls, so each team can play in a bowl.

Yeah, that run defense looked (well, sounded...I was listening on the radio) pretty atrocious. But a win's a win. smile

I won some tickets for the wisconsin game at TCF and I cannot wait to go. That stadium will be wild and it should be a competitive game for once… It's really hard not to sell the tickets to a well-paying wisconsinite tho...

I made my first venture to tcf when we played san jose st. Couldnt have been more impressed at about 60 percent full. Should be a fun later part of the season. Ive always said this program could dent the queens loyalty, we will find out.

Ive always said this program could dent the queens loyalty, we will find out.

D'OK.

Hasn't happened in 50 years but OK.

what the hell have the queens done in 50 yrs, oh thats right, your pretty much a mn hater if i recall.

what the hell have the queens done in 50 yrs, oh thats right, your pretty much a mn hater if i recall.

Well, lets see........

The Vikings have been to 4 Super Bowls

I think they have been to 5 other NFC Championship games

They have had one of the highest winning percentages in the NFL

They are one of only six NFL teams to win at least 15 games during the regular season.

They won 1 NFL championship in 1969 before the merger

Since the merger, they have qualified for the playoffs 25 times, third-most in the league

How does being honest about the Gophers absolutely sucking for 30+ years make me a MN hater?

I think all dave said was, gopher success wont dent Viking loyalty. Which is what you were saying.

I agree with Dave 100%.

And I'm saying success as a quote, not that I think their successful.

What a game! When was the last time the gophers played a game where the entire 2nd half went scoreless? Still going to need a lot of help to get in a good bowl game, but at least we're taking care of what we can control! Anyone notice the gophers breaking the governor bell when they grabbed it and started celebrating? grin

I was just glad/encouraged to see them close it out! They got lucky the last 3 possessions with no first downs, glad to see them finish that last drive STRONG! My first game there with the FAMILY! We loved it!!!!!!!!

Kill goes to the skybox, and everything works better: the rodents go on a winning streak, and he stops seizing during games. Maybe they're onto something.

Great win today.

When do the "it was a meaningless win" posts start?

They are starting to believe in themselves.

Might not be a top 20 team but they are moving the program in the right direction.

It wasn't a GREAT win but it sure was timely...it's been a great month for them, however.

Young team...lots of promise.

Every step forward is a step positive.

Kill will show the BIG10 that you don't need 4 and 5 star recruits to succeed in this conference...he's done it everywhere he's been and he'll do it here in Gopher Land as well.

Build the PROGRAM Jerry...make it competitive week in and week out. The fans of Minnesota will get on board and take this team to the next level.

Gophers ranked 25th in USA today poll, but still haven't cracked top 25 in the AP poll (27th). Extra week to prepare for WI. No really big showdowns that day…college game day in Minneapolis perhaps?

Gophers ranked 25th in USA today poll, but still haven't cracked top 25 in the AP poll (27th). Extra week to prepare for WI. No really big showdowns that day…college game day in Minneapolis perhaps?

D'OK

well that is the word on the street that it may be in Minneapolis on that game day. At least that is what they were talking about yesterday on the radio. Game Day announced Sunday they will be at USC this week and then there was a report that they may come to Minneapolis but they won't announce it until Sunday probably.

Meaningless win.

This program has been set back decades with the Coach Kill situation.

Funny how Rat has disappeared from this thread...

• 2 weeks later...

D'OK.....

I love the clowns that just LOVE to hate the Gophers. Usually it's the guy that is still bitter the Gophers didn't recruit him, and went on to have a stellar collegiate run as a backup long-snapper at Minnesota-Morris.

What's not to hate? I've lived here for 33 years waiting for a good Gopher team to emerge. It's been 33 years of misery.

If the last 4 games has somehow made you forget all that misery, don't worry, the next 2 should bring it all rushing back to you. grin