• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

20 minutes ago, Kettle said:

he's a little more stable to the ground. Wouldn't want to wrestle him.

That’s an interesting and accurate way to describe some people.  I don’t think I’d want to wrestle him either!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Never tried hunting them but I drove 95 over to Princeton today and the Sandhills are flying everywhere right now. Flocks in fields!  Heard they taste like chicken?  :P

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Never tried hunting them but I drove 95 over to Princeton today and the Sandhills are flying everywhere right now. Flocks in fields!  Heard they taste like chicken?  :P

Pretty similar to tenderloin on a deer

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

2 hours ago, gimruis said:

I'm skeptical of it tasting like ribeye or a tenderloin.

Yeah, I’d like try to prove everyone wrong too - lol!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

Yea iffin Kettle says that's what it's like I'd tend to believe him, he has harvested a few 👍

Besides everyone knows  guys that hunt and fish never fib 🤗😉

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 1

I'd take a beef ribeye or beef tenderloin over crane any day. It's similar to venison and the only waterfowl i eat with just salt and pepper. When cleaning them it smells more like a pheasant than a duck or goose, not nearly as pungent. Just so fun to watch em fly, they are prehistoric looking.

Fished tonight with a retired buddy and sent him home with 6, water Temps around 67 degrees. Jig and minnow. Hard to leave to go waterfowl hunting with the walleye biting 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Kettle said:

I'd take a beef ribeye or beef tenderloin over crane any day. It's similar to venison and the only waterfowl i eat with just salt and pepper.

When you set up your deks for crane in the pond, do you ever get Turkeys landing in the set?  :P

14 hours ago, leech~~ said:

When you set up your deks for crane in the pond, do you ever get Turkeys landing in the set?  :P

We feild hunt for them, lot of time it's figuring out their route from water to feilds and pass shooting as they don't fly high off the ground. No turkey where we go. Do normally see a moose or two. Have had coyotes come in and try and steal decoys tho

• Thumbs Up 3

49 minutes ago, Kettle said:

We feild hunt for them, lot of time it's figuring out their route from water to feilds and pass shooting as they don't fly high off the ground. No turkey where we go. Do normally see a moose or two. Have had coyotes come in and try and steal decoys tho

Yeah was just being a smartAzz about cranes being the only "waterfowl" you eat with salt and pepper.  😏

• Yayyyy 1

Plus he’s always looking for someplace to sluice a turkey. 😉 

• Yayyyy 1