• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

14 hours ago, smurfy said:

🤣 got that right..........took him long enough!!!!!!!!🙄 at least i can eat them pike!!!!!!🤗

Wish more people would harvest those small pike to be honest.  No one really seems to be interested in doing it.  Everyone wants walleye or panfish.

They are abundant, over populated, aggressive, and easy to catch.  And the daily bag limit is 10 in most of the state.  I say keep taking all the 21 inchers you want.  They ruin my tackle and bite me off constantly when I'm bass fishing.

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 1

48 minutes ago, gimruis said:

Wish more people would harvest those small pike to be honest.  No one really seems to be interested in doing it.  Everyone wants walleye or panfish.

They are abundant, over populated, aggressive, and easy to catch.  And the daily bag limit is 10 in most of the state.  I say keep taking all the 21 inchers you want.  They ruin my tackle and bite me off constantly when I'm bass fishing.

I have a friend that pickles and cans them so i do keep a fair amount. I tried to target them last year but then I started marking fish on weedlines and realized they were walleye and switched tactics. I can't even pike fish right 😆

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, Kettle said:

I have a friend that pickles and cans them so i do keep a fair amount. I tried to target them last year but then I started marking fish on weedlines and realized they were walleye and switched tactics. I can't even pike fish right 😆

🤣 maybe one day we get together and get a bucketfull of both. i'd even share some of my world class smoked pike for ya to sample!!!!!1👍

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/6/2024 at 9:54 AM, Kettle said:

I have a friend that pickles and cans them so i do keep a fair amount. I tried to target them last year but then I started marking fish on weedlines and realized they were walleye and switched tactics. I can't even pike fish right

Pickling them is a great way to utilize the resource.  I'm all for it.

Pike are 100 times easier to catch than a walleye.  All you have to do is cast or troll with a flashy and/or vibrating lure and you'll get bit.  Not difficult by any means.  Sometimes I literally can't get my presenation past the pack of teeth so a bass can bite it.  One 20 inch slime dart after the other.  Gets pretty old to be honest.

Edited by gimruis
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

headed north monday........the last 2 times i was up, although didnt really try all that hard fishing kinda sucked.........any reports lately???

more curious as to how bad the deer and horseflies are..........i know there will be some skeeters, but........

Summer lull for walleye fishing, still catching them but not always getting limits by any means. Flies are better than a few weeks ago. I have not walked through the woods but boat landings, running trails and in the yard. Few deer flies, in the boat a light spray of bug dope keeps the black flies away.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Kettle said:

Summer lull for walleye fishing, still catching them but not always getting limits by any means. Flies are better than a few weeks ago. I have not walked through the woods but boat landings, running trails and in the yard. Few deer flies, in the boat a light spray of bug dope keeps the black flies away.

thanks Kettle.......yea i wont be fishing rough fish so............🤣👍🤪 planning on checking out rush island......never been on it yet.......DNR lakefinder makes it sound somewhat appealing!!!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
On 8/16/2024 at 7:45 PM, smurfy said:

thanks Kettle.......yea i wont be fishing rough fish so............🤣👍🤪 planning on checking out rush island......never been on it yet.......DNR lakefinder makes it sound somewhat appealing!!!!!

Really, so black, brown and yellow bullheads aren't bottom feeders? 🤭🤭

Fish species: black bullhead, black crappie, bluegill, brown bullhead, hybrid sunfish, largemouth bass, northern pike, pumpkinseed, rock bass, tullibee (cisco), walleye, yellow bullhead, yellow perch, bowfin (dogfish), white sucker, blackchin shiner, blacknose shiner, bluntnose minnow, central mudminnow, creek chub, golden shiner, Iowa darter, Johnny darter, tadpole madtom

• Yayyyy 2

i came back today from 5 1/2days up there.........and NOPE........ i zipped right on by the big rice landing!!!!!!!! 👍🤣 weather was great......barely any annoying bugs!!!!!!!!! 

fishing was so so........got some sunfish......2 crappies........one 12 1/4 inches. nord fishing was tougher then expected..........till i figured i needed  to go deeper and troll with a diving rapala or whatever they wanna call them nowadays!!! got what i wanted!!!!!!!!

noticed no bear baiting in the area either???? seeing some acorns dropping too!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

so headed back up monday again. hopefully fish will cooperate..........i'll try harder too!!!!!!! my kid was up over the labor day weekend said the bugs werent really bad except for the day there was no breeze, then them friggin ankle bitin flies were insane. 

lookin like spiffy weather that week too!!!!!!!👍 heard its kinda dry now in the woods!!!!!!

any hot new fishng reports????? or nuisance bug reports???

Congrats on the land accusation!

Better done right the first time bud!

• Thumbs Up 1

Congrats on the land and build for next year! I'm looking to move up nord and the Grand Rapids/Deer River area is high on the list.

• Thumbs Up 3

There was a place just north of us that recently changed ownership.  I was told they were asking  $250,000 for it. They got $225,000. Wasn't much land either.  Shoreline yes, but I'll  say this, Shoreline on the lake we are on is less then premiere Shoreline. 

The buildings are nice but not sure I'd pay that.

15 hours ago, smurfy said:

There was a place just north of us that recently changed ownership.  I was told they were asking  $250,000 for it. They got $225,000. Wasn't much land either.  Shoreline yes, but I'll  say this, Shoreline on the lake we are on is less then premiere Shoreline. 

The buildings are nice but not sure I'd pay that.

Waterfront with a habitable building on it is almost a guaranteed $200k+. 

Yes! Congrats Kettle!  It’s a great feeling!  I hope it’ll be everything you want it to be.

Edited by Wanderer

Lakeshore was kind of out of my price range, less than desirable waterfront is 50k an acre minimum and nice lakeshore is 100k+ an acre. I got just under 7 acres up against state land out in the woods, building about a 1400 sq ft home and 24x36 garage. As maintenance free as possible, clover yard too. Can't be doing chores instead of pestering the walleye. I think we got frost last night

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 2

Livin’ the dream!

We had 45 in Little Falls when I woke up this morning.  Been seeing leaves turn yellow for a couple weeks now.  Just got done with a neighborhood walkabout and even some green leaves are letting loose and dropping.

• Thumbs Up 3

There were some leaves changing when I was at the cabin a couple weeks ago. Headed back up on Monday,  it'll be interesting to see how much more.

The ferns were also starting to get brown.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Livin’ the dream!

We had 45 in Little Falls when I woke up this morning.  Been seeing leaves turn yellow for a couple weeks now.  Just got done with a neighborhood walkabout and even some green leaves are letting loose and dropping.

was just up your way the other day, great day for a bike ride and see some color too...  

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

was just up your way the other day, great day for a bike ride and see some color too...  

You didn't happen to see a "particular " chair in his yard did ya!!🤣🤗

• Yayyyy 1

10 hours ago, smurfy said:

So, when you moving in! 🤣

Building starting next spring so maybe next Sept? There's electric on site so I'll pull a camper out there next summer and live there. I'll shower at the gym, work or in the nearby lake 😆

• Thumbs Up 2