• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

On 5/29/2024 at 6:38 PM, smurfy said:

well.........i'll be back up june 10th to the 16th. the 10-11-12th i'll be there by myself!!!!!🤗

i'd even be OK with meeting at a neutral place and go to the lake blindfolded!!!!!!!! 😊🤣

leech...he is over there.........just forgets about us FM  rejects!!!!!!!🤪

Well the motor left me stranded last night in 3 ft waves. Took me about 3 hrs to trolling motor back to the launch. I believe it's a high pressure fuel pump issue. If I can get it fixed by then, I'll let you know and get you out on the water

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

3 hours ago, Kettle said:

Well the motor left me stranded last night in 3 ft waves. Took me about 3 hrs to trolling motor back to the launch. I believe it's a high pressure fuel pump issue. If I can get it fixed by then, I'll let you know and get you out on the water

well that suxs!!!!!!!!!!🥴

• Thumbs Up 1

Talk about pucker factor!! Glad you made it back safely!!!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

50 in 6 hours is great. Boat issues really put a damper on a great day though. Hope you get it fixed quickly.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Dang Kettle  that bites. Great to hear fishing was good though.

How much rain you get up that way?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Dang Kettle  that bites. Great to hear fishing was good though.

How much rain you get up that way?

Someone said 4 inches in the past week, more expected this weekend. A few roads, including county roads that are asphalt ended up with sink holes. Lakes are the highest I've ever seen in the 30+ years coming to the area and now living here. Several people lost trees Tues night

• Thumbs Up 3

Heard that too. Also heard 38 was closed for a but north of rapids due to flooding. 

I know the water really came up when I was up last week compared to when I was there in April. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Hookmaster said:

Nice fish Kettle. Hope it's really "fixed" next time.

yeppers......nuttin more aggravating the boat motor issues!!!!!!!

what was the problem the first time???????

• Thumbs Up 2

so anyone in the grand rapids area done business with any of these 3 furniture places??? i'm looking to possibly purchase a mattress from one of them.

rivertown furniture

lake country furniture, or

lake country furniture outlet. 

not looking for one thats urine or baby batter stained!!!!!🤣

• Yayyyy 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Mike89
      the Inger women won't care!!   😁
    • smurfy
      so anyone in the grand rapids area done business with any of these 3 furniture places??? i'm looking to possibly purchase a mattress from one of them.   rivertown furniture lake country furniture, or lake country furniture outlet.    not looking for one thats urine or baby batter stained!!!!!🤣
    • MikeG3Boat
      Hey coming up for the 4th of July holiday.  Wondering if we have any new fishing news?  I am hoping the water is finally going down, although it looks like Rain this Friday and Saturday, and again starting the 1st through the 6th.  Hope the weather turns out better than the forcast.  
    • SkunkedAgain
      That's great news
    • smurfy
      Well then I did my part in itasca cty also memorial weekend.  I pressure washed the cabin and all the out buildings  👍
    • Brianf.
      Found this today on the DNR website.  Promising!    "In February 2024, Minnesota Biological Survey staff counted the number of bats at a hibernaculum (a winter shelter for bats) in southeast Minnesota. This location has been monitored since 1984 and more recent efforts have focused on documenting the impact of White-nose Syndrome (or WNS) on the overwintering population. This WNS disease, typified by a fungus that grows on hibernating bats, has decimated the four bat species that hibernate in Minnesota. All these species have been found at this site. The fungus that causes this disease was first observed at the site in 2017. At that time, the fungus was obvious on the bodies of stricken bats; a feature of many bat overwintering spots since WNS was first documented in North America in 2006. During the 2024 visit, the fungus was not observed on the bats. This is worth special note. Although the fungus is still present in the hibernaculum, the bats appear to be coping with it. Total count numbers offer another hopeful sign. From a recorded high number of approximately 1,150 bats pre-WNS, numbers dropped to a low of 98 bats after WNS was detected here. During this year’s count 291 individuals were observed. This included a possible Northern Long-eared Bat (federally endangered and absent from the counts since 2017), as well as encouraging numbers of Tricolored Bats (proposed for federal listing as endangered)."
    • SkunkedAgain
      I've done my part to lower the lake level by pressure washing my dock all the way up to my upper deck. I figure that lowered Vermilion by at least 1/4" lake-wide....
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   This week was a great week of walleye fishing on Lake of the Woods.  In addition, saugers, jumbo perch, some monster pike and an occasional crappie in the mix!     There are three fishing techniques being used to score Lake of the Woods gold (walleyes).  First, drifting or slow trolling crawler harnesses.  In a nutshell, using about a 2 ounce weight and a 3-4 foot harness with a spinner, two hooks and a crawler.     A tip for crawler harnesses, hook the dark part or head of the crawler on the front hook.  Try to keep the crawler straight between the two hooks.  Try to leave a few inches of crawler off of your last hook and pinch off the rest.  The walleyes and saugers will still hit it, but you will create more hookups.   The second presentation is a jig and minnow or frozen emerald shiner.  Basically locate fish out on the mud or on structure, anchor up and jig.  If you are amongst fish, they will find you.     The third way walleyes are being caught, and some may be surprised about, is trolling crankbaits.  Some have put on the trolling gear when the walleyes weren't as cooperative or when the fish are spread out.  Lots of success catching good numbers of walleyes and good sized fish.     Lots of fish out over deep mud or deep structure.  The deep mud is holding a lot of walleyes in 21' - 27'.  Electronics will help you mark fish.     There is another shallow water bite still taking place anywhere from 5 - 17'.  Much of the shallow bite has to do with feeding opportunities on various minnow spawns, crawfish and hatches.  Not every walleye is targeting the same prey.  Lots of opportunities.  .   Gold, orange, chartreuse, glow and pink, or a combo of these colors, are a great place to start.   Anglers can keep a combined limit of 6 walleyes and saugers.  Up to 4 can be walleyes.  All walleyes 19.5 - 28.0 inches must be released.  One fish over 28 inches may be kept.  The possession limit in MN is one day's possession.  If you catch a limit, eat some fish and freeze a couple, make sure to count your remaining fish left over for your possession.   On the Rainy River...  With some rain in the area, the river was flowing with a strong current and some debris this past week.  Debris has slowed considerably and water clarity is starting to improve.     Water clarity is important for walleyes, saugers, pike and smallmouth bass.  Sturgeon are much more dialed into scent to find their next meal, consequently, when the sturgeon season opens again on July 1st for the keep season, things should be good.   The fishing happening on the river is focused in areas just out of the current.  Most fish will hang just off, able to grab a passing meal but not having to expend too much energy.  Current can be good as it focuses fish in areas.   Jigging with a minnow is effective when you are on fish.  Otherwise, pulling spinners and trolling crankbaits along shoreline breaks against the current in 6 - 12' of water is producing a mixed bag of walleyes, saugers, pike, smallmouth bass and an occasional crappie.  Up at the NW Angle...  Fishing for a variety of species has been excellent and is in full summer swing up at the Angle.   For those fishing out of the NW Angle, both the Minnesota and Ontario waters of Lake of the Woods are producing a number of nice walleyes.  Many fish have slid off onto deeper structure.  With that said, there are so many areas of forage on LOW, walleyes will be in numerous spots, some shallow and some deeper, taking advantage of opportunities.  Lots of fish to be had, just go fishing.   Jigging structure has been effective.  When fish are a bit spread out, pulling spinners with crawlers or trolling crankbaits is catching a lot of fish.     In this part of the lake, expect to catch walleyes, saugers, pike, jumbo perch, crappies, pike and smallmouth bass.   Muskie anglers are after it and reporting good numbers, and in true LOW style, some big fish over the 50 inch mark.  Summer patterns are starting to take hold, but fish are holding in a variety of areas still.  
    • leech~~
    • redlabguy
      We got .5” last night. Hasn’t affected the lake level yet. It’s been steady the past three days here (Frazer Bay). RLG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.