• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

10 hours ago, Kettle said:

Pike fishing didn't last long, caught one just a hair under 22" and was marking a ton of nice fish on the weed lines that wouldn't bite a daredevil or husky jerk. Tied on a lindy rig a proceeded to catch a ton of walleye. It's a sign that I'm not supposed to pike fish 

🤪 good thing you got rid of some of them roughfish!!!!!!!!🤣👍

Kettle, been hearing a bit the skeeters are backing off a bit but then biting flies and deer and horseflies are ramping up.   Any thoughts??

Plenty of mosquitoes in the woods but they are far better than earlier in the year. Fair amount of little black flies around. Summer has been nice and mild. Water Temps still around 70 with all the rain and cool nights 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Kettle said:

Plenty of mosquitoes in the woods but they are far better than earlier in the year. Fair amount of little black flies around. Summer has been nice and mild. Water Temps still around 70 with all the rain and cool nights 

👌 thanks kettle....you are getting more rain up there then we are around here thats for sure. i plan on heading back up about the weekend of the 23rd......i'm sure the flies and deer and horseflies will be in full bore by then.

Kettle, what is the weather supposed to be like Thursday on?? I plan on heading up then but not if it's 90. I'm getting conflicting reports.

Sorry I missed your post Smurfy.

We are definitely in the dog days of summer. Black flies are definitely out. Walleye fishing has slowed as I won't fish for them deep due to mortality rates in releasing them. I'm catching a few here and there on weedlines in the evening. Enough for a meal each week. Definitely looking forward to Waterfowl hunting in the fall and October fishing. Weather has been up and down, hot then we get rain and it cools down for a few days. Most lakes are either up or at normal levels. Mosquitoes still around but no where like June

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, Kettle said:

Sorry I missed your post Smurfy.

We are definitely in the dog days of summer. Black flies are definitely out. Walleye fishing has slowed as I won't fish for them deep due to mortality rates in releasing them. I'm catching a few here and there on weedlines in the evening. Enough for a meal each week. Definitely looking forward to Waterfowl hunting in the fall and October fishing. Weather has been up and down, hot then we get rain and it cools down for a few days. Most lakes are either up or at normal levels. Mosquitoes still around but no where like June

no biggy. just got back today. that thunder and lightning early sat morning definitely messed up fishing. i went to a real small lake friday and the dang deer flies chewed up my ankles  pretty good. some flies not bad and the skeeters were there but not bad.  i did get to meet an AIS inspector as he was checking boats on big turtle!!!!!! nice guy. this is the second time north now i didnt keep fish........but i'm good with that.

worse part now my motor wont shift into neutral and if that dont happen it dont start!!!!!!😒

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely in the dog days of summer. Catching a few walleye here and there on the river. Hasn't been too hot which makes me hopeful for an early fall fishing season. I'll post more when the fish turn their feed bags on and the leaves start falling. Until then I'll just work more and get winter gear ready

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely in the dog days of summer. Catching a few walleye here and there on the river. Hasn't been too hot which makes me hopeful for an early fall fishing season. I'll post more when the fish turn their feed bags on and the leaves start falling. Until then I'll just work more and get winter gear ready

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm heading up sometime the last week in Aug . I joined the Jessie lake watershed assoc and they have a meeting on the 27 I want to attend.

12 hours ago, smurfy said:

I'm heading up sometime the last week in Aug . I joined the Jessie lake watershed assoc and they have a meeting on the 27 I want to attend.

That's awesome that you are involved in that! I hope you have a good trip up!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kettle said:

That's awesome that you are involved in that! I hope you have a good trip up!

i'm not real involved yet. my first meeting. long story but my parents belonged to it years ago. after the cabin lake had the 2 consecutive years of severe winterkill i dogged the heck out of the fisheries people in grand rapids.🤭 i found out through the watershed assoc they talked them into restocking sunfish and bass into the lake. they did that this past june. so i figured for the 15 bucks join!!!!!

my next battle is with the township......🤣 trying to get them to grade part of our road going into the cabin!!!!! i already sent the letter but havent heard from them yet. since i've retired from being a union thug.......i gotta pick a few battles to keep my skills sharp!!!!!!!!🤪🤭👍

• Yayyyy 2

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY.......headed back up Tuesday morning. havent been up there since  the 4th of July!!!!!1 😒 seems more like 6 months!!!!!!need to wet a line. my boat, or should i say motor wont shift so got that in my garage waiting for the motor doctor to tell me i can bring it in to fix, fortunately i got my stepdads boat up there. it works good just doesnt have a livewell!!!!!i'le manage!!!1🤭

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, smurfy said:

FINALLY.......headed back up Tuesday morning. havent been up there since  the 4th of July!!!!!1 😒 seems more like 6 months!!!!!!need to wet a line. my boat, or should i say motor wont shift so got that in my garage waiting for the motor doctor to tell me i can bring it in to fix, fortunately i got my stepdads boat up there. it works good just doesnt have a livewell!!!!!i'le manage!!!1🤭

Good to hear you got up there. Now you can pull in some big ones like me today! 🤭

20220820_110246.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, smurfy said:

I usually don't fish for rough fish much!!!🤪🤣

Life like a box of chocolates, well you know! 😆

• Yayyyy 1

47 minutes ago, smurfy said:

I usually don't fish for rough fish much!!!🤪🤣

Dude you should come over here. If this keeps up I should have a limit of smelt in no time! 😆

20220820_130337.jpg

• Yayyyy 2

got back yesterday afternoon.

since July 20th we've had 4 3/4 inches of rain from our rain gauge. lakes are really high and went up since the last time i was up. 2 1/2 inches of rain as i was up there was part of the 4 plus. 

found out the eagles rebuilt a nest on the lake!!!!!!!👍 fishing wasnt lites out but did ok. 5 pike and 19 sunfish i kept. 

went to the Jessie Lake Watershed Assoc meeting sat AM......i'll go again and maintain my membership. i've always said you can read meeting minutes but you dont really get the full story unless you actually there. HEY...i coulda been elected Prez....but yea i'm not diving in that quick!!!!!!🤣

By the way Wanderer you really should replace that chair of yours at the landing, looking kinda rough!🤣

• Yayyyy 1

33 minutes ago, smurfy said:

By the way Wanderer you really should replace that chair of yours at the landing, looking kinda rough!🤣

Thinking he just needs to replace it with........................😛

andrew2

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN

Posted 8 hours ago (edited)

I think you might need perfect massage gravity chairs  for an awesome massage. Getting massage over regular chairs mean wasting your money and time with no enjoy. This s why it is recommended to use zero gravity chairs and feel the taste that you never got. 

Edited 8 hours ago by andrew2

• Yayyyy 2

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Maybe I’ll check it out in a week or so.  So I should consider bringing up a replacement?

Yep.

• 3 weeks later...

My son was up over Labor Day weekend. Heard about this trick to keep them flies at bay. Wasn't 100% foolproof but seemed to work pretty good. Shiny pennies in a bag of water. Think sunlight me makes it work best . Fishing was so so at best. 16 sunfish and 18 pike over 3 days and lots of time on 4 different lakes 

IMG_20220908_105506763.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

6 hours ago, smurfy said:

My son was up over Labor Day weekend. Heard about this trick to keep them flies at bay. Wasn't 100% foolproof but seemed to work pretty good. Shiny pennies in a bag of water. Think sunlight me makes it work best . Fishing was so so at best. 16 sunfish and 18 pike over 3 days and lots of time on 4 different lakes 

IMG_20220908_105506763.jpg

And why on earth would that even work?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

It's somehow supposed to mess with there eyes. When I was up 2 weeks before the south facing cabin had flies all over it and flies up the wazoo in the cabin.  He had 2 of these on the handrails going up the steps. Very few flies in the cabin or outside wall, cabin wall facing the lake and had flies all over 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Saw it on that there internet!  🤠  😆

• Yayyyy 1

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Saw it on that there internet!  🤠  😆

well i done did see it first hand!!!!!!!!👍🤭 i will will say it works pretty darn good. start saving your shiny pennies!!!!!!!!!😉

• Yayyyy 1

That may work well for flies but the mosquitoes are back out. I'm technically on quarantine for another day. Boredom has been the worst thing. Took the boat out this morning to try the new livescope. Idk what's more frustrating, not catching fish or being able to watch fish swim up to your bait then swim away. Was walleye fishing but found schools of crappies in 10-13 ft

• Thumbs Up 2

we had a few skeeters but i didnt think they were all bad. 

sorry to hear about the quarantine......maybe need to hang around higher class wimmen!!!!!!!! 🤣🤭😉

• Yayyyy 1