• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

East Battle Lake Fishing - Need Advice

For Current Battle Lake fishing reports click her.

Hi All,

My friend just purchased a cabin on this lake and we are heading up to fish it for the first time this weekend. Can anyone provide any advice on where to look for crappies or walleyes? Anything will help....Better morning or evening? Shallow or deep? Trolling cranks any good?

If you see someone fishing on the end of their dock on the weekends with a sponge bob square pants fishing pole, his name is Andy. Stop by and say hi.

Thanks for anything you can provide

Hey, its a great lake, and I've had a cabin on it since I was a kid (over 20 years). My advice is simple, for crappies, troll a 1/16 oz. pink jighead with a white 2" mister twister along the weedlines (anywhere from 12' to 19') until you catch a crappie. Then go back and forth over where you caught it. They school pretty good this time of year. Early mornings are ok and evenings are typically the best. Walleye this time of the year are also fun. If you have a good locator you can try and jig them along the weedline with some success. Also dragging a lindy rid in 20 feet along the tip of the bar on the north side of the Island can yield some fish. Trolling shad raps along the weedlines can work too, but keep in mind that the pike in this lake are EVERYWHERE! I like Early, like 4:30am to 8 am for Walleyes. Good luck and enjoy it smile

I used to fish East Battle as a kid. (Grandparents lived in Henning) We used to catch small pike, 12-14 inches, one right after another. Is it still full of the hammer-handles?

The lake is loaded with hammer handles, YES.

We kept about 10 a couple weekends ago, and they are finishing up in the pickling jar as we speak.

Chipes

What end of the lake is the cabin on? There has been a couple sold recently on the north end that I know of.

Sorry, I have no input on walleye or crappie fishing this time of year. I only go after bass on the lake when summer hits... or take the kids out with cranks to get kids on tons of action with pike....

Very nice! I have relatives a few doors down from you. That is one awesome spot! They catch walleyes off the dock with lighted bobbers in spring and fall because of their drop off. Enjoy the lake, I will be up there this weekend, but not sure how much water time I'll get. Also, there is a resort right by you, try tolling right in front of it for crappies, I always end up with a few nice ones there, and its too close not to try smile