• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It's official -- Pelican Lake (St Michael)

My boss told me someone he knows helped save a guy last week who was flipped over in his duck boat by some guy flying by in a big bass boat. I guess it was on the news........

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Wright County Sheriff’s Office says a citizen helped save a 61-year-old Albertville man whose boat capsized early Monday morning.

At 6:27 a.m., the Sheriff’s Office received a report that someone was yelling for help on Pelican Lake near the 5800 block of Edmonson Ave. NE in Buffalo Township.

Before authorities could locate the subject, a citizen who was on the lake heard the calls for help and located the victim, who was on top of his overturned boat. The citizen then brought the man to shore.

The victim reported that he was stopped in the water when the wake of a passing boat caused his boat to capsize. He added that he had a personal floatation device on at the time of the accident, but removed it to swim out from under the boat, which capsized on top of him.

The victim was taken to Allina Hospital in Buffalo for exposure.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RumRiverRat

• jigginjim

• nate larson

• fishersofmen

Many times it goes down to common knowledge of people and respect for others. The guys shooting and losing birds had a dog and did look for the ducks.

Which goes back to shoot ability and where ducks land. (kill zone) Don't birds just to shot them, I like having them come into the dekes, pass-shoot can really stink.

As for the poor guy getting capsized, guys need to watch the wakes they make. How is it going to effect the guys a short distance away. I remember old fishing contests, with a shotgun start, the most dangerous part was the first 5 minutes. Pray your boat would get swamped.

• 5 months later...

There has been droughts in the last 40 years and that lake hasn't gone down at all. The water is within 2 feet of the road and speaking just for my family which has farmed around that lake for over 100 years..that lake has ate well over 100 acres of our land.

You going to compensate us for our lost land?

The water from the lake is within 2 feet of the road and the surface of the lake is almost level with the road. Tell me..would you like to have a huge lake 2 feet from the road you drive on?

Plus I'd like the 100+ acres of land my family lost to that lake back thank you.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

you are up to 2 posts. why not give us a fishing tip or how to make ribs or something useful? smile or just trying to get another thread zapped?? lol

I think this has all been covered, and then some. Just for the sake of progress, I'll post a report of monday. I went out to clearwater looking for panfish in the afternoon. I found them all over, especially on the weedlines. The temp was something like 47 degrees, and the fish did not want anything to do with my bait. I drilled 2 holes together and sight fished. They would nip the tail of the bait, but never get the hook. For 2 hours of fishing, I got 3 fish.

you are up to 2 posts. why not give us a fishing tip or how to make ribs or something useful? smile or just trying to get another thread zapped?? lol

Lol grin

ok, hockey... your turn. wink

The water from the lake is within 2 feet of the road and the surface of the lake is almost level with the road. Tell me..would you like to have a huge lake 2 feet from the road you drive on?

Plus I'd like the 100+ acres of land my family lost to that lake back thank you.

Lake Pulaski went a little nutty a few years ago and flooded out a few people.

Nothing to add. I agree with Kirien.

smile

you want yer 100 acres back ??

Leech that is because there is a channel that connects Pulaski to Pelican.

I hear there is good sucker fishing in that creek. wink

How has the fishing been since the warmup?

nate, have you been away for a while? The lake is dead! So, fishing is a little slow right now! wink

Speak for yourself we slaughtered them out there today. Find yourself a good pocket of oxygen and hold on tight.

Speak for yourself we slaughtered them out there today. Find yourself a good pocket of oxygen and hold on tight.

Well we seen enough pictures of all the dead ones. Lets see some of the live ones. whistle

Probably. Last week I needed one out there. Maybe if some of the snow melted off, you might be able to get thru without one. Watch out for the big spear holes!

While I don't fish this lake so it doesn't affect me personally, I have to point out to those who are fishing these "oxygenated" spots that this lake is basically dead and that the remaining fish in those spots are the future of the lake. I personally would leave those fish alone and fish a different lake for the remainder of the year.

Then again, maybe you're just being funny and the entire lake is dead. In which case, carry on!

I am going out tonight to try and find that honey hole. Anyone have GPS coordinates they are willing to share?

lol, this is lots better entertainment than all the hate.

Anyone know where the oxygen is highest on the lake?

When I was out last, we found decent oxygen levels just a few inches above the ice.