• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sign in to follow this  
knoppers

twins

B. Amish

We are not going to win with pitching and defense, Gardy needs to go.

winning with pitching and defense still works when you have pitching and defense. instead we have a bunch of guys who battle their tails off on the mound and some sloths at the corner outfield spots and plouffe.

toughguy

I vote for Ozzie Guillen if we must make a change. I'd rather keep Gardy though.

paceman

The twins are only 7 games below .500 and only 7.5 games out of first. smile

zepman

So who would make a good coach for the twins?

This team needs a leader with a personality like that of a Dan Gladden...tough, gritty and in your face.

Too many hands being held right now and over the last 4-5 years...we need someone who'll kick a behind or two.

schmitty3

There is not one coach in baseball that could coach these guys into contenders. No need to blame the coach for the lack of talent and pitching on this team. They have actually played better than my expectations thus far this year.

zepman

The team lacks leadership...period. When the Twins were winning championships it was with guys who had some "grit"...some "in your face" baseball.

Name the leader on the team the last 5 years...Mauer...Morneau...Gardy...it's a joke.

Gardy lost control of his team and "system" when he let Mauer play him like a fool 2 years ago. Mauer may make the Twins millions off of his jersey sales and ticket revenue...he'll NEVER lead the Twins to anything close to a championship.

Mauer is not a leader...Gardy is afraid of upsetting Mauer...Twins are doomed as long as Mauer is on the roster...it is that simple.

One of the two has to go....

harvey lee

Pohland played this state as he fielded 2 good teams a few years back to get his new ballpark. Since then, he cuts the payroll.

I do not blame a coach for lack of skilled players, thats the owners fault.

Until people stop going to the ballpark and attendence drops, JIm P will not spend another dime. Thier attendance should drop this year as the newness has worn off on the new ballpark.

I would rather have 2-$12 million pitchers on the roster than Mauer. The good pitcher could take us alot farther than 1 bat.

knoppers

the main reason the cubbies will never compete, is all the stupid sell outs. there are a bunch of fans that back this team for reasons un-known to me. why pay millions to players you don't even need to make millions, they are already doing this with bad players. the only way the cubbies can win it all, is to loose there fan base, and start to sign good players that can win.

the twins have started the same path.

mrklean

The twins sweep the sux and not a peep? Almost back to .500 and slowly creeping up the central standings

DonBo

The twins sweep the sux and not a peep? Almost back to .500 and slowly creeping up the central standings

It is pretty amazing that we're nearing the half way point of the season and only 6 games out.

The starting pitching has been surprizing pretty good lately, the bullpen is vey good, and recently the bottom of the order is realy stepping up and getting some timely hits.

Still be a miracle if they go anywhere, but it's been fun to watch the young guys step in and make a difference. Bodes well for the near future I'd say.

eyebenband

So are they in the buying or selling mode at this time??

The right deal no matter what??

Such a conundrum.

greebs

This team is surprising me. Not beating the better teams a lot but doing well against the mediocres out there which wasn't the case last year. I do hope they are looking to future as trade deadline gets nearer. Don't think anyone really believes they are a playoffs (playoffs!?) type team yet but the future looks to have potential if they make the right moves during and following this season.

JBMasterAngler

I hope that homerun Morneau hit the other day is the start of something. Some power to go along with his .290 average would be great!

Hoyt4

Morneau needs a few more homeruns so we can get something for him. I'm sure there will be a fire sale and a few guys will be traded.

Scott M

blue_healer_guy

p[retty impressive, just hope he didnt strain a muscle.

Hoyt4

He's done that couple times. They had them on Sport Center

greebs

Think I heard there are 7 former twins on all star team. A few other former twins doing much better than they did here too. And of course Perkins who was already on the team back when they traded for Capps. More evidence that they need some major housecleaning there? Definitely could be argued.

SledNeck

can it get any worse?

toughguy

sadly yes it can.

harvey lee

Will Perkin's go to Detroit to help them win the division? Bremer and Coomer were talking about this during a game the other day.

greebs

Will Perkin's go to Detroit to help them win the division? Bremer and Coomer were talking about this during a game the other day.

I'd be surprised if he went there but anything is possible and he's probably got the highest trade value among players on the team that could be traded. I like him as a player and he seems classy given his treatment but closers on bad teams aren't used a whole lot so would not be surprised if they aren't getting some offers for him.

Hoyt4

Boston is another place he could end up.

Scott M

Good start after the All Star Break, 4-1. Likely just another bright spot in a tough year.

I really enjoyed listening to T.K. on the broadcasts last week. I could watch a lot more bad baseball if he was on each night.