• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes 2013 Draft

FutbolGuru

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

• zepman

GOOD LORD, what a joke!! Four picks for a guy that needs a QB (which we don't have) to get him the ball!! Well at least the Floyd pick was good!!!

Whew. Teo bluff afterall. Lotsa picks gone though.

Kick a $$ draft. Best DT. Best CB. 2nd best Wr. (IMO)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Great move getting Paterson. We gave them a 3rd and 4th rounder to switch our 2nd for their 1st rounder and gave them the throw-away 7th rounder.

Now go get Dansby!

Patterson averaged 16.9yds per reception in his ONE year in D1 football. Expect that average to drop considerably with Ponder throwing (and I use that term loosely) to him.

Whew. Teo bluff afterall. Lotsa picks gone though.

Kick a $$ draft. Best DT. Best CB. 2nd best Wr. (IMO)

Agreed.

I'm not real happy about selling the farm to get Patterson, but this guy is a baller. Plus, getting Floyd and Rhodes is amazing. Overall, this has been a great 1st round. Not much left to do for the Vikings though.

I'm going to hold out hope that the Honey Badger is still around in the 4th. Whoever gets him is going to get a hell of a deal.

Anyone else shocked that Teo didn't go in the 1st?

3 of our 4 big needs done. I think it's been great, but we will have to wait and see. Do we have any picks left

grin

Gave up a lot to get Patterson, but that was their position of greatest need. On paper, they couldn't have done any better tonight...filled three big holes and didn't draft Catfish Teo.

Now we wait to see if any or all are actually impact players.

Awesome draft. We got 3 picks in the top 30 and got 2 defensive starters on day 1 and a WR to develop. Patterson will not be a day one impact but will contribute at a position we need to improve.

3 of our 4 big needs done. I think it's been great, but we will have to wait and see. Do we have any picks left

grin

4th, 5th, 6th, and two 7ths

So far I like the draft. Shariff, Rhodes, and Patterson looks like some nice talent and potential. I hope Patterson can develop into a player as exciting as Harvin. I hope all the first round picks are hits and they can get a surprise in the late rounds.

The Patterson pick is absolutely terrible!! To say he is raw is a HUGE understatement. Little chance Ponder can get him the ball or that Musgrave can coach him up. We could have got a really good reciever or MLB at 52. Probably could have taken a flyer on the Honeybun in the 3rd. Another reciever or pass catching RB.

Once again New England doops us into a bogus deal. Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Aruthur Brown, Teo, someone would have been there.

Awful!

Ponder shouldn't have a hard time getting the ball to Patterson. His playbook will probably start out small screens, reverses, occasionally out of the backfield and kick returner for awhile. He needs to learn how to run better routes and read defenses before we turn him loose.

I'm pumped we didn't draft the catfish hunter.

Buck - please explain when New England has duped us previously. What is wrong with this? All is speculation at this point.

The Patterson pick is absolutely terrible!! To say he is raw is a HUGE understatement. Little chance Ponder can get him the ball or that Musgrave can coach him up. We could have got a really good reciever or MLB at 52. Probably could have taken a flyer on the Honeybun in the 3rd. Another reciever or pass catching RB.

Once again New England doops us into a bogus deal. Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Aruthur Brown, Teo, someone would have been there.

Awful!

I agree with this, don't know if I would say it is a terrible pick, but I certainly don't care for it. Too big of a question mark to give up that many picks. Not to mention ponder has a wet noodle for an arm and Pattersons speed will do no good unless he makes everything for himself. I would have rather seen the vikes wait and possibly move up in the second to take Woods or a big, polished, possession receiver that can catch anything that is thrown near him.

I absolutely love the first two picks though.

Buck - please explain when New England has duped us previously. What is wrong with this? All is speculation at this point.

Ah how bout the time Chilly needed Randy Moss and NE dumped him on us.

Whats wrong? We pick 3 times from 1-102. Before the trade we were gonna pick 5 times from 1-102. We could have built more VALUE trading up in 2 and 3 and not giving away everything. There is ZERO guarentee Patterson is any good. I would have rather had 5-6 guys to pick from than 3. Patterson wasnt even the best WR from TN. Maybe he has more talent but what does it matter if he doesnt know how to use it. Give me a smart reciever with less ability over a guy with tons of ability and no football smarts any day.

And yeah,lets bring in Dansby. We might as well have kept Brinkley.

We certainly didn't give the "farm" to NE for Patterson...we basically gave them our 3rd and 4th round picks to move up an entire round. We still have another 4th and 2 other 7th rounders...not to mention a 5 and 6 for depth.

Patterson will be "raw" for awhile but Ricky filled three positions of need with one player...WR, KR, and PR. Get the ball in his hands and let him make the plays everybody says he's able to make. His size and speed alone will get a safety off the LOS immediately...giving AP and our running game yet another advantage.

If they can somehow get either Kiko Alonso, AJ Klein, or Bostic with the remaining picks that would be awesome. Any of the three could be day one starters at MLB.

The rest of the picks will be depth positions/special teamers at OL, CB,LB, S and such.

Three day one starters in the 1st round...hard to argue with that!

Kenjon Barner in the 5th would be icing on the cake!!!

Once again, New England shows how it's done. Genius.

Genius?

Ha. U funny. Let's revisit this after the season.

Excellent trolling btw.

The Bill Walsh value charts that are available on a few websites list the 29th pick as worth 640 pts, the sum of the picks traded to N.E. totaled 647. I guess if the kid was a more polished WR, I'd like it a little more, but we'll see if he pans out. I do like the first two choices.

Wow... Great draft! Spielman worked his magic once again. 3 1st round picks and all are rated higher than where we drafted them. Yes, we still need a middle linebacker, but we got 3 great players in rd 1. The vikings had the #1 draft in the entire NFL! Awesome!

Right now we need two Oregon Ducks:

Kiko Alonso

Kenjon Barner

either can be had in the 4th/5th....

Look for Ricky to trade up to get one of these two early Saturday morning.

Patterson averaged 16.9yds per reception in his ONE year in D1 football. Expect that average to drop considerably with Ponder throwing (and I use that term loosely) to him.

You know you're absolutely correct. That is until Ponder is no more in '14. Next year they sell the farm for Bridgewater.

I like Patterson, he has huge potential. Much more upside then any other receiver in the draft. At worst he will be a stud on special teams. He can run Mosses routes. Go deep! He will open the running game, and open the field for Jennings.

Day one,

Floyd

Rhodes

Patterson

No one can complain about that. But, day 2 will not turn out very well for us.