• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes 2013 Draft

FutbolGuru

I do not understand why it is considered TROLLING if you don't like something that your team did!! I LOVED the Floyd pick and Liked the Rhodes pick but according to almost everyone on here I am a troll and not a true fan because I didn't like giving a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th for somebody!! WOW we can't even think for ourselves anymore and have differing opinions than the masses without getting ripped! and Dare I say I like the new uniforms or is that off limits as well?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BuckSutherland

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

• zepman

So why dont you fellas tell us who you would have picked with those picks we traded. Then we will get a chance to critique your thinking as well. i will be eagerly awaiting the names.

Well since you are so eagerly waiting for names, Arthur Brown at 52 would have been nice!! Critique away, Oh and we could have seen who was there to start the 2nd and maybe move up and not cost us 4 picks! But I'm trolling

It cost us 3 picks right. I mean they did get to pick right?

They picked up 3 guys of position of need and they are top tier talent.

We still need MLB though so we need to address that but other than that great draft so far.

I was thinking Williams at 23 but Floyd still there awesome switch. The corner looks like the real deal and very intrigued about Patterson. Grading value of the #29 pick the bikes gave a little more than expected but I think its worth it if its a guy that grades out.

If the bikes waited to 52 the guys they would most likely were interested in were all gone.

Quote:
I didn't like giving a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th for somebody!!

That's a little scary to me also but in the 2011 draft I think Atlanta gave up their 2011 1st, 2nd, and 4th round picks in addition to their 2012 1st and 4th round picks to move up and get Julio Jones. Everyone thought that Atlanta was crazy but Jones became a star and Atlanta looked brilliant. If Jones had only been average Atlanta would have looked really stupid. We'll know how the Vikings did in 2 or 3 years. As far as a MLB?????

I do not understand why it is considered TROLLING if you don't like something that your team did!!

WOW we can't even think for ourselves anymore and have differing opinions than the masses without getting ripped!

I agree, it is pretty pathetic how people whine if you don't agree with them on this site. You have a right to your opinion. Pretty sure everyone was talking about LMIT anyway.

I agree, it is pretty pathetic how people whine if you don't agree with them on this site. You have a right to your opinion. Pretty sure everyone was talking about LMIT anyway.

its easy for someone to find fault in something but quite another for them to recommend something better. What say you?

Disagreeing with a move the team makes is not trolling, having differing opinions is also not trolling. A real troll makes it his personal responsibility to chime in on EVERY vikings thread that gets started with the sole purpose of bashing everything the team does and calling all fans koolaid drinking homers for liking the team and hoping for a good season. To my knowledge there is only one person who fits that definition.

Well, I have cooled off a little since the Patterson pick. I still think Hopkins and Keenan Allen are gonna make better NFL recievers. Neither one of them had a decent QB throwing to them and they both have great hands, can go underneath, and run crisp routes. Hunter is probably better than Patterson too.

I really wish we still had our pick at 102 and could take a chance on Barkley. He is no worse than Ponder for sure, and he just as much of a prospect as Patterson. I am sick of this dink and dunk carp with flounder throwing bubble screens and slants. At least Barkley could put it down the field. See his completion percentage over 20 yards and compare it to LUCK and RG3.

Would like to see us possibly take a chance on Barner, Lattimore, or DaRick Rodgers. Bring in a new punter.

And some of us arent haters. Just would have liked to see them build a little more depth. We are darn thin at LB. I really like the Floyd pick. I am ok with the Rhodes pick as long as the guy can tackle and WRAP up kinda like Winfield. I think we have a pretty solid secondary with a good D-line. Should be a recipe for a decent season.

Toby is in the last year of his deal so I am kinda hoping for Lattimore. He is bigger than Barner and can catch and run the ball, as well as pick up blitz. Those knees are a big question mark, but he will be cheap.

For sure the biggest question mark going into the season is gonna be QB play, the guy that touches the ball on every play. Are we gonna be able to count on him?? I seriously have my doubts. If nothing else bring in Renfree from Duke for a third string.

Disagreeing with a move the team makes is not trolling, having differing opinions is also not trolling

Thanks for realizing that my posts are not "trolling".

I trust Cassel and the "law firm" more than to [PoorWordUsage] away a qb pick at this point. Build depth? Ummm I think they did build depth at 3 positions of need. Gap being LB but they did draft a LB last year who may have an expanded role this year in Audie Cole. Superstar? Probably not but I think the positions they drafted were of more need.

To say ponder can throw the deep ball is absolutely ridiculous. I remember jumping up and screaming last year when he threw that 25 yard pass to wright. He does not have the arm to get the ball to Patterson down field.

To say Patterson has great hands is also questionable. He body catches the ball more than he uses his hands. Also he has concentration troubles. See what would have been the game winning catch against Georgia where the ball hit him perfectly in the hands then fell to the ground.

I hope I am wrong and this guy is a stud, but as of right now all I see is troy Williamson part two.

And just for reference the above critisisms were shown in ESPN after Patterson was drafted, so experts think he has some problems as well.

I will say that the Rhodes is down right spectacular. A big fast press corner is exactly what the bikes needed for the Brandon marshalls and Calvin Johnsons of the world. Sheriff was also a fantastic value and a great pick, I just question the Patterson pick.

You guys that think Ponder can't throw a ball down field are lost. He's an NFL QB, he wouldn't be in the league if he couldn't. Get real folks, you guys talk like he has a weaker arm than Rex Grossman. Could it be the plays didn't have much time to develop being there were 8 in the box? Could it be the WRs were garbage? I know I saw many attempts down field were he would over throw it. Now I may not be totally sold on him either but I'm not part of the "he can't throw" herd. We will know if hes the guy after this season, that's it. And my response to all the people here saying Patterson is a deep threat and Ponder won't be able to fling it, have you watched this Patterson fellow? Seems like he makes an awful lot happen on short yardage passing plays, more so than the deep balls. We got a #2 in him and a stud KR. 10-6 last year..... Ooo with these additions watch out GB, don't see us splitting with you this year.

Could it be the WRs were garbage?

Oh, so they brought in WR's that can catch with their feet this year?

You're out of your mind if you think the Vikings will go anywhere with Ponder under center.

Yea, cause Greg Jennings is a complete after the catch guy? He is one of the best route runners in the game, how can you say he catches the ball with his feet. Patterson is perfect to fill the void Harvin left.

how can you say he catches the ball with his feet.

He better learn quick because he'll be doing it a lot.

Oh, so they brought in WR's that can catch with their feet this year?

You're out of your mind.

What does that even mean? Jennings is a proven guy, Pattersons potential looks huge, add in Rudolph and you just found yourself a pretty solid passing game. If you don't think that's the case than you flat out don't know football. You sir (used extremely loose) are the troll everybody refers too, you are the skip bayless of HSO, always trolling to throw in an opposing view even when you obviously know nothing about the topic. I'd reconsider engaging with me being I smoked your grody old behind the last go around. But who am I to try to save you the embarrassment, just thought I'd try to lend a helping hand being you can't help yourself. See when a guy like Buck adds his comments he backs them up with why he thinks that way, I disagree with many of them but he is entitled to his opinion. You on the other hand only have your purple kool-aid drinking remarks. Time to cone up with some new material.

I'd reconsider engaging with me being I smoked your grody old behind the last go around.

You're delusional.

your-high-horse_1,2,i6.jpg

I hope I am wrong and this guy is a stud, but as of right now all I see is troy Williamson part two.

I highly doubt that, the only thing Williamson ever had was straight line speed. He wasn't even productive at special teams.

Patterson has all the moves and tools he's just inexperienced, but he will contribute as a special team return man from day 1.

I still don't understand the part about how people think Ponder can't get Patterson the ball, Patterson isn't a Randy Moss that only runs deep. If you check out all his highlight reels they come from screens, quick slants, reverses, out of the backfield, and special teams.

Ponder was getting the ball in them same exact ways to Percy before he got hurt, Percy was having the season of his career up to that point.

Now I'm not saying Ponder has a cannon because we all know that isn't true, but he can easily get Patterson the ball in the ways we are going to be using him.

Thank god the Kluwe era is ending. That dude didn't know when to shut his mouth, and the more he talked the worse he punted. One of my most hated players in Viking's history. Can't count the number of times last year the Vikings would have a decent drive that got them close to mid field only for Kluwe to shank one off the side of his foot and waste all of the effort the offense put in.

Yeah, I'm not going to miss him either. He had kicker syndrome at its worst stage, opened his mouth way too much. Punt the ball and go back to the bench.

I really like the two Penn St. linebackers the Vikes picked up today. If Mauti could have stayed healthy he'd have been one of the top LB's in the draft.

Hodges should push for playing time right away...given the competition he'll be facing in training camp this year.

I thought the punter was taken 2 rounds too early and left many possibilities on the board for us in the 5th...Kenjon Barner was one...he could have really helped replace some of what Percy took with him.

I really like the two Penn St. linebackers the Vikes picked up today. If Mauti could have stayed healthy he'd have been one of the top LB's in the draft.

Hodges should push for playing time right away...given the competition he'll be facing in training camp this year.

I thought the punter was taken 2 rounds too early and left many possibilities on the board for us in the 5th...Kenjon Barner was one...he could have really helped replace some of what Percy took with him.

I agree! I think the punter may have been just a little early, but I'm fine with it. It tells you what they think of Kluwe. Even though they say there will be competition at punter, Klue is gone.

Overall Spielman did a GTEAT job. It seems pretty univeraly accepted that the Vikings had the best draft.

I don't mind the Locke pick in the 5th, special teams/field position can win you games. The scouts say he's as good if not better then Anger who the Jags drafted in the 3rd round last season. We could of waited and got another punter in the 7th but it wouldn't of been Locke, so if he was their guy they probably had an idea when they needed to grab him.

Penn State has produced some really good LB's in the past I hope one of our guys continues the tradition. The scouts say Mauti healthy would of been an early 2nd rounder so that's good value and right up our alley. If he don't pan out whatever you can't expect much in the 7th.

Hopefully Hodges can come in and be a great covering LB, we need someone that can cover in our system. I wonder if we'll play him weakside and put Henderson in the middle or try Hodges in the middle? I know he has some versatility so that's always a plus to get him on the field.