• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild!!!

OnAFly

smile

Steogooch is a good player but not same as when he played with big Joe an Lil Joe for SHARKS!

sometimes looks like YOE has him over thinking his game postion wise. He has to be able to run around an feed the big guns an let them feed him.

I hear this short season junk an no training camp dump...all players were playing an are pros an make big money so they better show up.

Don;t hear this junk from other teams in the hunt or grinding it out.

Skate, Hit, shoot, score...repeat. HIT SOMEBODY!!!

When teams figure out Backstrom an Harding can be beat often going east n west losses will come in bunches.

Hard to beat them head on...dam fine boys.

But screen them an combime passes an they bit every time...

Last night Preds missed THREE almost open nets.

KABLAM.

Yoe knows goalie weakness...so has players trying to spread coming lines out an shut down passes an limit teams to only one on one shooots.

Easy to see past two season.

Sutter can skate an is very savy...Hard shot...I don;t get his fiddling around.

He should taje chare an step up.

Cluuterbutt is a good player but since got contract an some $$$ i skating round like he is Sid?

LOL

Hit somebody an open things up a bit butterbutt.

LOL

Just having fun peeps.......

NO WHINING!

GO LEAFS!!!!

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• schmitty3

I hear this short season junk an no training camp dump...all players were playing an are pros an make big money so they better show up.

It's more about chemistry and being familiar with your teammates and the system you play than just showing up. Give it time, they will come around.

ya that hand pass penalty was talk, especially in OT. I bet if the Wild wouldn't have spent almost 1/2 the 3rd on the penalty kill, they wouldn't have gotten that call but who knows..

I still have faith in this team making the playoffs and thats good enough for me.

Tonight was our fifth straight game scoring only one goal in regulation. That equates to a pretty bad average on the season. Backstrom started slow this season, but right now he is carrying this team and keeping them in games! We need to find an offensive identity or we will sink against teams with a few goal scorers.

Last night's game was...blech. Just an ugly game to watch by both teams. But 2 points is two points, and as an old coach of mine used to say, if you['re interested in style points, join the dance team.

I do think this is another case though where if that game had been last season or the season before, we lose the game 2-1.

Couple bright spots, Suter and Brodin were both stellar. Really settling in as a good top pair. Suter is finally looking comfortable and Brodin... I know I keep raving about him, but wow. Sky is the limit for that kid. Coyle looks like he's secured his spot on the top line too. Strong on the puck and makes smart plays. Only a matter of time before he starts to find the back of the net I think. Looks like Yeo's message to Set and Granlund stuck too. Both are noticeably better.

PMB and Heatly on the other hand... I was relieved when they finally took PMB's spot at the PP point away from him. Guy was a breakaway the other direction waiting to happen, and he hasn't done much 5 on 5 either. Heately - I think he turned the puck over every time he touched it last night. Stoner had another tough nite too I thought after being very good against the Preds. Like the guy, but man he's up and down from game to game...

Anyhow, hope they clean up their act tonight against (as my 7 year old son calls them) The Most Hated Canucks.

Agreed RK, ugly but two points. Liking the play of our rookies as well, I think its just a matter of time before they start producing. Parise hasn't looked as good lately but I guess he's been fighting the flu.

Nice win last night. My guess is tonight they will "lock down" with a tight neutral zone trap to try and slow down Canucks speed then try to capitalize on a turnover. I don't expect much offense either way and it will be a 1-0, 2-1 game. It will be a good test for us to see how "defensive" we can play against a very good team.....if we just can't execute the trap very well...then Vancouver will run away with it again.

We'll get blown out tonight. Travel, timezone change, played extra time last night, the fact that we are terrible in BC, this is all adding up to an ugly game for us.

Are we out of the NW Conference yet?

Quote:
We'll get blown out tonight. Travel, timezone change, played extra time last night, the fact that we are terrible in BC, this is all adding up to an ugly game for us.

Want a bet? I'll take a W for the Wild. I think Yeo will have this team ready and if they can get a couple goals early, they can hold on for a win.

Darcy Kuemper called up from Houston and will get the start tonight against the 'Nucks. Apparently Harding has been feeling 'off' for a few days and understandably don't want to start Backstrom the day after an OT/SO road game.

Kuemper has been stellar (1.79 GAA and .938 SP) in the AHL.

Might actually be a boost having him start. Scandella also sent down to Houston to make room for Spurgeon. Scandella the only D that didn't require waivers, and any NHL quality D on waivers would get snapped up on a heartbeat right now.

Just hope Harding isn't having an MS episode. All the guy's been through already, hate to see something like that happen...

The loser needs to use either one of these pictures as their avatar for 1 day and you need to respond to the Wild thread at least once to confirm.

full-18186-30057-images.jpg

full-18186-30058-you_are_a_loser_240x300

You don't really need to. Friendly bet is fine.

ha, I opened my mouth before I knew we are starting a 3rd string goalie. But ok, I'll take the bet, I feel a big win coming tonight!

I should be getting some odds here but I'll take it straight up. Parise and Kuemper better have one heck of a game tonight.

I just hope you pick the right avatar picture from the above options. There is a right answer grin

I would yave been fin with a friendly bet too.

Heres a shocker- Wild with ZERO again at the end of the first.... Power play looks putrid. This team cant score. Ever.

Tough loss tonight... and ANOTHER game with only one goal scored. I must say that the effort was certainly there tonight. Just too bad we couldn't find the back of the net on all our 3rd period scoring chances.

I watched parts of the last couple of games and at least now they are generating good opportunities, unlike earlier in the season.

I think they are improving but it's hard to judge how someone is playing when you have a goalie out there like Luongo. That guy just looks HUGE in net. It's because of guys like him that I think the net needs to be made wider.

I watched parts of the last couple of games and at least now they are generating good opportunities, unlike earlier in the season.

I think they are improving but it's hard to judge how someone is playing when you have a goalie out there like Luongo. That guy just looks HUGE in net. It's because of guys like him that I think the net needs to be made wider.

other teams dont have a problem scoring more then 1 goal every 4 or 5 periods...

its getting REALLY hard to watch. Almost the equivalent of fingernails on chalkboard.

I have a meeting in Duluth all day today and I'm on my cell phone so I'll make good on my bet tomorrow.

There's no way Kassian will clear waivers, he'll go somewhere in the east where they still have respect for an enforcer. We will know by noon either today or tomorrow (depends when they submitted it to the league) who picks him him for a steal.

As far as last night, that 1st period they looked like a HS team but they turned it around 1/2 way through the 2nd and I think they had a legit chance at winning that game if Luango wouldn't have shut them down.

Right now the person that should be put on waivers is Heatley... They even had to put him back on the top line because he was making the 2 line look horrible and they must have had enough when him and Cullen gave up that 2nd goal.

Someone check the water in the Wild dressing room, there has to be some kind of poison they are drinking that kills our offence.

"Luongo's home shutout streak against the Wild ended at 228 minutes, 26 seconds"

I think this had a lot to do with the game last night. When Luongo is in the net we must have the mind set to give up because he has been so good against us.

I will be very surprised if they make the playoffs.....happy...but surprised. Parise is working his arse off with little to show for it...his supporting cast is lacking in many areas IMO....size, speed, toughness...ability to put the puck in the net....etc etc.