• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• schmitty3

Hopefully Clutterbuck's injury isnt too bad....but if i had to guess he's done for the year. Dirty hit

I think hes done for the year to... it looked gross. Looked like his leg exploded. My guess is he broke a bone the way he went off the ice. Maybe torn up knee.

Looks like we need another prospect from houston....

What a cheap hit by Hall. CLutterbuck didn't even have the puck. It's tough to say how serious that injury is.

He's flying with the team to Calgary, so maybe he got luck and just has a bad bruise. Hall has got to be suspended for that. Hits like that can cost a guy his career.

Hopefully Konopka can give Hall a facelift next time they play. That kid has done things like this before.

Hall is gonna face the music for that hit, very dirty. The Oilers come to town again March 3rd. I'm wondering how long the suspensions gonna last?

I have to start ripping on cullen more often, every time I do he plays great.

For crying out loud, put Granlund on the wing or put him in the AHL, this 4th line stuff is killing me.

Quote:
Hopefully Konopka can give Hall a facelift next time they play. That kid has done things like this before.

All that would happen is Eager would step in and they would hug it out for 30 secs and we'd get an instigater. This is where RUPP needed to step in last night and he didn't..

Didn't see the game, didn't hear about the hit until reading here, Rupp did nothing ? You certainly don't want to take a 5 minute major and who knows the outcome of the game then, but Rupp should've been in his kitchen every chance he got, Stoner, wonder what Cal thought then ? That could've added to our chemistry, even throw the mitts Rupp and hound that dude, don't throttle him cheap, but toss em and hound him lol.

Both Rupp and Konopka were on the bench. It was Bouchard and Brodziak on Clutterbucks line along with Brodin and Suter on defense. So unless Rupp or Konopka or Stoner were to jump out on the ice from the bench there was really nothing they could do. Hall was sent to the locker room for the game, so there was no getting back to him during last nights game.

Image from Russo...

full-5554-30388-bdsc5usciaaw7hf_e1361514

"After the game, Hall spoke to the media about the hit. “I really didn’t feel like it was knee on knee at all.” Later, he also said, “I could’ve hit him in the head.”" Thanks buddy

IMO the very next shift should be the 4th line to make a statement that we have to play you guys again and we won't put up with this, now who wants to pay the price.

I think alot of guys in the NHL would love to take out Clutterbuck but everytime his hits come into question, they always say that 99% of them are good clean hard hits. This hit by Hall on the other hand could end a guys career. I just don't get it, they should all just be happy to be in the NHL making millions for playing a game and being idleized. I hope they give him a nice long suspension.

Thanks for the clarity guys, wasn't sure what time of the game it happened or really what opportunity there was for making a statement, i wasn't even aware he got booted or did he really, did he just leave the ice because the penalty would've been more than what game time was left or did he get a match penalty intent to injure ?, back in the day Glen Sonmor lol, open the door, bench clearing brawl. Bet Steve Ott in Buffalo was smiling that punk, 92 career NHL fights to Cal's 8. Whipped up on Cal a few years back, twice, grow a pair Ott, sorry about that rant. I sure hope he's alright, not a major fan of Cal, but he brings much needed energy at times, no quit in the guy so I'm more a fan than not which rhymes with snot which describes Steve Ott.

I believe he got 5 and a game. Brodziac jumped in but the linesmen separated them quickly. I know Brodz can throw em. I have heard you don't want to scrap with him.

Good luck to Clutter.

You know I was thinking, I through a lot of hits like that. Hip checks that is as a D man. Of coarse that was 30 years ago when I played my last Jr game. I never received a penalty. I had guys come after me for the hits but they were clean. Things have changed, bigger, faster, more skilled and more money involved. Its no longer expectable to take a guy out low. Had a high school player throw a hip check 2 times in a game and was penalized for both. Good clean hits on film. You hate to see anyone get hurt but the clean hits are an art and very few coaches teach it.

Calling it a thigh contusion to Clutterbuck right now, but the Oilers x-ray machine was on the fritz so no final word yet. He's still not putting any weight on the knee or leg.

I think Cal got lucky is wasn't worse, that could have been a season or even career ender.

And Coyle back up with the big club for tonights game.

It turns out getting pucks to the net and going in hard can score you goals. It seems like the Wild get half of this equation a lot of the time. They get lots of shots with no one there for rebounds or the have someone in front but refuse the shoot the f-ing puck.

Jumping back to the Oilers game did anyone else think Heatley was a slow bumbling laziest player on the ice?

Couldnt hold the puck in the zone, lost about every battle along the boards and was behind every pass sent his way.

He better get moving for how much he is getting paid.

IMO, he's about a year from being out of the league. He's aged a ton in the past couple years. He just can't keep up with the fast game and loses his legs after the first month of the year. He did it last year too and I think a lot of people are noticing it.

I just read that they are moving Heatley down to the third line with Bouchard and Brodziak. Talk about the under producing line of the year.. $6.5m or whatever Heatley makes is rediculous for how he plays now. He is one of the main problems.

So Coyle's back up with ZP and Koivu. That must be quite the difference going from Houston to the top line of the wild.

Might as well get Bruno out of the front office and put Heatley in it if they can't move him, they're about the same speed nowaday.

Agree, the game has become so fast these days that it has just passed Heatley by. Seems like Cullen figured it out and found a faster gear so he can compete. Quite frankly Koivu needs to step up...he is not looking/playing like an NHL first liner IMO.

10 4 no doubt, what former Wild player with 1 more fight will tie with Konopka so far this year, believe it or not Eric Nystrom lol. Hope the wild doesn't get jet lag this year, they will travel the most miles this season and what's with like Winnepeg sure came from Atlanta but they need to get them out of the SE division at some point. Heatley needs to quit listening to the verse heavy boots of leadfrom the infamous Iron Man song.

Mild asked Bobby Orr to come coach the Defense an share some shooting techniques with wings & centers but he said "No thanks.....I'm already helping out with my grandsons jr high B squad JV hockey team.....helping out a Minnesota based Mini Mite team would be kind of tuff drop down"

O!

cool

So coach Yoe buffed his head, ate a Slim Jim, guzzled a Miller Lite girly pop then went into the locker room an shaved his nad'z.

LOL

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Only time will tell...maybe plan is to hang back in pack..make a big move at game 27 an go all out to make 4th or simply lay back an get in 8th an bang away an see what happens.

Its kind of fun watching things grow...just like to see them go on a run of 5 sometime.

Maybe more....they have the talent.

We must remember he, coach Yeo is himself also still learning the NHL game ways.

His is not an easy job...but ya know changing things up every other game might get old on ice for older guys.

Heatly sometimes looks like he is on the juice again. BURP!

Enjoy seeing new young guys ...but doubt can go far with so many pulling time but then again ya can't learn sitting on the plastic.

If givien time I think Cullen, Setoguch an Heatly could do well.

Miko never been a fave but he can see the ice better than most an has a great backhand....

Seldom see Mild use set plays....they are used in NHL constantly an TV people could see it if Yeo would use them more.

Giving something to gain a lot.

Showing one thing an doing others.

Having players not play position for much as find open areas an just let r rip.

All out three line blitz of nothing but shots an hits full 4 minutes front an tail end out of each period.

KABLAM.

Maybe they would win more also if TV blab GREENLAY would just shut up once in a while an not fog everyones brains.

crazy That guy has got to go.

GO MILD!

My Maple Leafs are rocken an looking like they are having fun again...GO LEAFS!

Keep on Rocken!

Tommy