• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers VS Vikings: Playoff Game

zepman

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• gregg52

• RiverFish

• Scott K

The Vikes beat themselves in this game.

Yep, they sucked and GB did what they had to do... You people and your purple glasses and grape drink amaze me...

nah...You read thru most of the posts on this and other threads here, toss out a couple rabid pro and anti fans on BOTH sides, and ya have a bunch of guys rooting for thier respective home teams.

Vikes had a good run, it was fun watching Adrian tear up the NFL, and the packers have a shot at winning it all, albeit a fairly slim one in my opinion, but i guess we'll see!

McCarthy is a big dumb galute whos had two hall of fame qbs at his disposal. Give him Ponder and Webb and hed be a loser too

That pretty much sums it up. Plus add no receivers. I laughed at some of the vikings routes that they showed on TV. They looked like they were in slow motion. Aromawhatever should not be in the league.

If Vikes had receivers that could separate like the Packers pros we would have a chance. Even Webb could learn to hit receivers if they were open all day. Sucky pass defense doesn't help either. Those receivers were open all day and open by yards not feet. That is the difference. Some of it is receiver coaching and the rest talent.

You mean the same Claymaker that guaranteed AP won't get 200 yards? That might be the lamest prediction I've ever heard. grin

Care to revisit this?

[quote name='harvey lee

You were very quiet last week cry baby. Now this week' date=' back to the typical GB puke. [/quote']

Dont let him make you think we GB fans are all like that...

Packers did what they had to in this game, which was contain Peterson. And my oh my Joe Webb....he is BAD. IMO Ponder needs to suck it up and play in that game. Drain it and shoot it up!? From what I heard, he had fluid drained from his elbow many time at FSU. Elbow bursitous or was it vaginitis? Come on mannnnnn......

Haven't seen the jump pass since Action Jackson was running the show. I don't think he would start for many D1 schools in college.

I agree he should have played, I was shocked he didn't play. It kind of tells you how much faith they have in his ability if you ask me. Does anyone on the planet think Rodgers would have sat on the bench with a sore tricep? At least the Joe Webb questions have been answered! Holy cow this guy stinks!

P.S The Packers are who we thought they were.......not very good. As bad as the 49ers have been playing they have a very good chance of winning this coming weekend. I'm still not sure how the score was only 24-10 as bad as we played. I hope the Pack keeps the division alive but they better get things figured out.

P.S The Packers are who we thought they were.......not very good.

LOL I miss Denny! ...and we let them off the hook.

I'm a Vikings fan but lets face it, the Packers are a smart team. They threw the game in the dome to allow the Vikes to beat the Bears for a playoff berth. The Bears are a much better cold-weather team and actually have a quaterback that can threaten deep yardage while the Vikes have D2 or D3 caliber tossers. Touche to the Pack and good luck with SF. We will lick our wounds and hope the draft goes well...we have to draft well or Favre may come back again! grin

You mean the same Claymaker that guaranteed AP won't get 200 yards? That might be the lamest prediction I've ever heard. grin

Care to revisit this?

Revisit what? No matter the outcome It was STILL the lamest prediction ever in sports history.

It would be like Jared Allen saying that we will hold Aaron Rodgers to under 800 yards passing. grin

I

P.S I'm still not sure how the score was only 24-10 as bad as we played. I hope the Pack keeps the division alive but they better get things figured out.

Really? So they would have gained what running up the score? Should they use up all their scoring plays in the third and fourth after it was basically decided and risk injury to key starters? Or play conservative, control the clock and see the game to the end with a comfortable lead. I think they showed they were able to move basically at will against the D early on when it was needed.

I think they have a chance next week... The 49rs will be favored and they should be... But I think the Pack will give them a god run. If it was payed in Lambeau I'd think it would tilt in GBs favor.

Good luck!

Ken

We all saw last night why, even when Ponder was struggling, Frazier kept saying Ponder was their guy. We saw what Vikings coaches have seen in practice all year. Webb doesn't have it. Apparently Ponder was finally able to sync up with a set of disfunctional wideouts toward the end of the season. Webb never could in practice or last night. With the Vikes holding GB to 24 pts the Vikes could have won. Ponder makes all the throws Webb missed, and sees the dropped coverages Webb missed.

I say trade Harvin, lose Carlson, bring in Fitzgerald, draft a wideout in the first round, find an athlete to replace Loadholt, and the Vikings do win 12 games next year.

Never start a QB that when you close your eyes and listen to him you think your listening to Forest Gump.

Vikes WR's are laughable though, like I been saying all year we are using #3's, #4's, and guys that shouldn't even be in the league as our #1's and #2's.

We could be real contenders next year if we make some good moves in the offseason.

Really? So they would have gained what running up the score? Should they use up all their scoring plays in the third and fourth after it was basically decided and risk injury to key starters?

They could have run up the score but didn't want to use up big scoring plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter.........excellent.

If anyone saw the Rodgers interview right after the game they would know that certainly wasn't the case.

So the D shut them down after the quick TD to start the 3rd? Hmmmmm.... How many passes did Rogers throw the last 20 minutes? How many running plays were used? Yep that was the same game plan used for the 1st half and the beginning of the third. Slow methodical, short yardage clock eating plays...

Look the Pack is not the best team in the playoffs. I'm a realist. But, They belong there... They have a tough road to hoe and maybe not the greatest odds of making it to the SB... But to say the vikes held them to 24 points because of their stellar D play is far from accurate! I think it is easy to say they could have went down and scored again if needed. The vikes secondary could not keep up with the packers WR the entire 1st half... Or the start of the third.

Good luck!

Ken

The pack only had two more yards offense than the vikes.

MN had 162 yards in the fourth quarter in JUNK time. According to the drive logs.

First three quarters MN 157

GB 373

These are yards before deducting penalties, sacks and what ever. That get to net yards that are displayed in the box scores/

Gotta love a win against the Vikes in the Playoffs.

From what I am reading on here the Pack are just lucky the Vikes don't have a better QB, better WRs, a better DEF, and a better front office or the Pack would have lost grin

Go Pack!

So the D shut them down after the quick TD to start the 3rd? Hmmmmm.... How many passes did Rogers throw the last 20 minutes? How many running plays were used? Yep that was the same game plan used for the 1st half and the beginning of the third. Slow methodical, short yardage clock eating plays...

Look the Pack is not the best team in the playoffs. I'm a realist. But, They belong there... They have a tough road to hoe and maybe not the greatest odds of making it to the SB... But to say the vikes held them to 24 points because of their stellar D play is far from accurate! I think it is easy to say they could have went down and scored again if needed. The vikes secondary could not keep up with the packers WR the entire 1st half... Or the start of the third.

Good luck!

Ken

You can play the what if game all day. With Ponder the Vikes scored on 6 of 1st 9 drives in Mn, 1 of 9 with Webb. This means GB and Rogers get the ball less times and for less time if Ponder healthy and plays. Who knows how the game goes. Bigger picture, GB couldn't beat MN twice with Ponder, so neither team is NFL elite this year. You want to know how weak the Pack is, if Rogers goes down so do the Pack, worse than the Vikes. Both teams have a lot of room to get better.

If only the Vikings had a good QB, a couple good receivers, and some linebackers, they would be a good team. Something to work on for next year.

At least we can put the Joe Webb myth to bed once and for all. That in itself is a minor victory.

From what I am reading on here the Pack are just lucky the Vikes don't have a better QB, better WRs, a better DEF, and a better front office or the Pack would have lost grin

Go Pack!

For sure the QB isn't the only man on the team. Having Rodgers, you must admit a quarterback that can throw a pass helps quite a lot.

For sure the QB isn't the only man on the team. Having Rodgers, you must admit a quarterback that can throw a pass helps quite a lot.

That is why I mentioned the front office. How long to you let Spielman make bad decisions before he is let go?

I will say the Vikings had a great draft last year. Another one of them, and we may have a team next year.

At least we can put the Joe Webb myth to bed once and for all. That in itself is a minor victory.

Bingo! Time to let him go or have him return kicks/punts when Harvin leaves for good.