• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers VS Vikings: Playoff Game

zepman

Remember boys its a lot easier for a reciever to run a pre planed route than it is for a d back to try and keep up on a slick cold field. Ask yourself who has the best passing attack? GB 31 MINN 20

The ball will be more slick and cold/frozen than the field will. It'll be harder to throw than it will be to run...SO, ask yourself who has the better running game? MN 32 GB 28

By the way, this purple cool aid tastes GREAT! smile

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• gregg52

• RiverFish

• Scott K

31-24 Pack. Ponder played his best game and the Vikes barely won last week, I see a letdown game coming. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see the purple winning this game.

Barely won? Pretty sure we weren't the team playing from behind the whole game...

Let's also not forget.. the 1 and only time the Vikes and Pack have faced off in the playoffs.. the Vikings are 1-0 wink

Only reason peterson had so many yards was cause he busted a couple big ones. One of which was 82 yards.

A) What about the other 120 yards?

B) The yards from the long runs *do* count, you know, and are often game-breaking plays

C) What about the 199 he hung on the Pack the second time around?

It's OK to admit that the best RB in the game dominated your team. Twice. You're not alone.

Blair Walsh should've missed that game winner, than AP would've got the record, darn rookie. And we would've won......or maybe not, we could not stop them, I almost felt like the vikes lost in a way, if there was no time limit we would've gotten punished. I think Rodgers lights us up like a x-mas tree and this cold heavy favors passing, when AP nearly goes to the ground in a dome making a cut outside he's down, if he can keep his footing enough advantage AP, but we can't afford slippages making it 2 and 12, advantage WR's when they make their cut with these league rules see you later D-back. With all that said if there was going to be heavy wind, snow flying around, etc. sure RB's but if Rodgers gets enough possessions I think it gets ugly. I think that's where the game is, how many chances does Rodgers get ? He'll spread us out and the more you hope Rodgers plays poorly the better he does. For Karma's sake I go Pack 35 Vikes 17 so I just gave us a better chance to win! smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I would be nervous if I were a Packer Fan hoping to get out of Lambeau with a win or Packer player having to face AD smile

I will enjoy this game no matter how it turns out.

Ohhh and who won the last meeting between the two teams where it actually is a perfect environment for a passing team over a running team laugh

So the question is, do I wear Sparkles on Saturday or not?

If you are a Packer fan..YES...Wear SPARKLES!

I think it went well in that pass happy dome, 28-40 with drops by his WR's, 365 yards and 4 TD's 0 picks. Blair Walsh is as big a reason as any that we're going to GB on Sunday, look at about the only kicks returned on us because walshy blasted it OB, our kick return coverage still stinks and he covered up a major flaw on our team. Ask Barry Sanders, Edgerrin James, Marshall Faulk, AP how they like running in the dome, it makes you even faster I've played on that surface the speed of it is insane really.

i've seen too many play-off games come down to feild goals. as a packer fan, that worries me. i don't think either team has what it takes for a super bowl run.

Vikings have the better running back, o-line, and kicker. Pack has the better QB and passing game. I still think the vikes pull this one out on a field goal. Walsh has been unbelievably good this year and that has definitely given the vikes an advantage. They get across the 50 and they seem to put points on the board. I think that will be the difference tomorrow night. Walsh cannot miss and the D needs to hold the Rogers in check. Do not think the pack wants anything to do with the Vikes, yet oddly enough seem very passive about playing them. I think the kicking game will be huge.

I love the Queens but to be honest, they will need more than Ponder to win in Wisc.

I give the Vikes very, very little chance to win, even if it is close.

Win Or Loose!!!The way I look at it is we Beat Both The Packers and Bears in ONE Game!!! OOOO! and may be we will see Rodgers Cry again!!

I can't wait to see Leslie and Jared crying again. I'm sure they'll console each other in the shower later.

Kinda figured we got lucky without "someone" having posted about this game yet. Turns out he has the most irrelevant statement of the whole thread. ANYWAY, I think we are going to see the vikes pull this one out on AP's will alone. But having said that, with 11 guys focusing on stopping our running game, i think our passing game might be what wins this game for the Vikings.

Vikings 28-Packers 21

Word is Ponder couldn't complete his warm ups, has tendinitus in his elbow and Webb will start.

Yeah, they just announced that during the Houston/Cinci game. Bummer. Our chances don't look good now. Although, all of the Ponder haters will finally get to see what Webb can do.

Let's just run the ball every play. Between Webb and AP that could be hard to stop.

Bethel Thompson backs up Webb.

Ponder is officially inactive for the game.

The Vikings now haven't had a QB for 17 straight games.

Gotta be a record.