• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spearing GetToGator February 16th 2013...Maple Lake off HWY 55 (updated 2/5/13)

bassNspear

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MJ1657

• mrklean

• bassNspear

• Gordie

sounds good. let me know if anyone of you guys get out there. if not, ill try and get out there towards end of the money. otherwise, we will have to find a new location

Im new here but just want to give you guys a heads up that Maple Lake is a great spearing lake, but February 2nd is their fishing contest and alot of northerns get taken from the south side of the lake by the main access. I dont know if this affects spearing much or not but im guessing it wouldnt help. Just my thoughts.

they have the contest off the hwy 55 access. if we went off the co rd 37 access and stayed to that end of the lake we wounldn't even have to deal with the contest. it won't matter anyways because the G2G is the 16th not the 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone needs to invest in ice tongs

laugh I wouldn't want to wrestle that block out on a day like today. Brrrrrrr!

i am not going to be able to make it, so MJ if you want to move it go ahead.

That stinks that you can't make it.

I guess I would say we should move it to Maple. What does everyone else think?

The last time we had the GTG on Maple Lake this is where we went the access is the red X and the red lines are where most speared.

b0100011_zps11ad2042.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      🤣 nope...Leech's smartypants reply!!!!!!!   i liked it!!!!!!!!👍
    • Dash 1
      That’s right. My 84 year old dad loves his electric chain saw. Light weight and quiet. Besides, at his age he’s not cutting a bunch. Where as myself I want something with more power and heavier duty.  Look at how many people have switched back to gasoline cars after running one in winter if you travel a lot.   As long as my strike master works I’ll keep using gas. Maybe my next will be electric, but who knows,  you can find used gas ones pretty reasonable as others buy electric.
    • CigarGuy
      You guys giving me crap for my detailed reply? 🫣
    • smurfy
      🥴 didn't see that coming  pretty funny.🤣
    • leech~~
      Hey, I'm not cheap buddy, but it depends on the work too?  🤣
    • CigarGuy
      This is the bait frig at L&M in Virginia, the other day. Also, added Highway 65 bait.
    • smurfy
      New signs going up this year  
    • smurfy
      any idea on the going rate for leeches.......not by the lb????/ havent bought any in a few years!!!
    • leech~~
      I think electric items have their places, I just don't think large commercial jobs are going to be able to work well with them. Can't see a logging crew out in the woods all day changing batteries!  
    • gimruis
      I agree on the choices.   I didn't mean to say that a battery auger was better or greener or whatever.  I could care less about that.   It just seems that "most" ice anglers have made a switch to a battery auger in recent years.  That's all I was saying.  I know about a dozen people who regularly ice fish and they all have battery augers now.  I bet if you conducted a survey of all ice anglers, the majority would answer that they use a battery powered auger.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.