• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ponder

EBass

And Alex Smith is not known for his arm... Montana lived and made a great career on spoon fedpasses under 10 yards. But he had weapons. Put any other starting QB on that pathetic team and it still will only go as far as Peterson takes them. The lack of WR is not an excuse... With the exception of Harvin, Name one that would even be the #3 on any of the contending teams. Not sure any would even make any other team. Musgrave s almost a more viable excuse then the WR though... He should immediately be fired at the end of the season.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RumRiverRat

• countyline

• zepman

• Scott K

ya theres a bunch a guys that would be great in mn, cousins,tiebow or alex smith would be ideal. id favor smith because of expiernce!

The vick thing is funny. I think thats were id draw the line. maybe that would be the only way id stop watching the vikes. I thought vick was going to be a huge comeback sucsess story after prison and returning to the nfl. Boy was i wrong. He is just plain awfull. i think he blew it.

Ponder is doing fine with absolutely no deep threat on the field. His job is to manage the game with short passes without throwing interceptions while handing the ball off to AP. That is giving them the best chance to win each week. Had the Vikes signed Marshall instead of Simpson, it may have been a different story. Simpson and Carlson are showing signs of getting healthy at the right time and you never know about Percy, should they make the playoffs.

Ponder just doesn't have an arm, that's his biggest problem. Having better receivers would help but it won't solve the problem. Alex Smith, if he gets put on the trading block, would be a decent upgrade. He doesn't have a big arm either but it's better than Ponders and he's a solid QB, mainly he has been held back by constant coaching changes. Just as long as the Vikes don't end up with Tebow. The guy is not an NFL QB. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched him play.

CP will make a great back-up QB for years to come.

So we have a great back up as our starter?

Good Work Vikes!

Maybe before each game, we could have the Vikings recievers exchange their uniforms with the opposing teams DB, that may improve Ponders accuracy some?

Teabow,

Just think option read with AP. Teabow rolls out with Harvin, and Ralpy.

Didn't Harvin play with Teabow? Pull and tuck bring it back up and hit Percy running down the feild.

Maybe before each game, we could have the Vikings recievers exchange their uniforms with the opposing teams DB, that may improve Ponders accuracy some?
actually Its Genius. Hope since know one wants ta kick ta harvin, have harvin come out in shiroles jersey or whatever his name is. npo one would catch on.

Ponder is doing fine with absolutely no deep threat on the field..

he cant hit the broad side a barn 10 yds away

granted the receivers are not the best but watch close most passes are behind or wayyyover head or are not even close

i'm all for giving a guy a chance but he's had his

i'd hate to see AP leave for a better team

I am looking at it as his "sophmore slump".

Look at Cam, Andy Dalton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian

Here are some stats, TD, INT, QBR and in the playoff hunt.

Cam Newton - 18-10-88.9 and NO

Andy Dalton - 26-14-89.4 and YES

Jake Locker - 9-9-76.5 and NO

Blaine Gabbert - 9-6-77.4 and NO

Christian Ponder - 14-12-78.6 and YES

The only reason we are in the playoff hunt is because we have one of the best running backs to ever play the game. Unfortunately we would more than likely be a lock for the playoffs and Adrian would be a lock for league mvp if we had a competant QB. We will see if his "sophmore slump" continues as it has into these last 2 games. I have no reason to believe it won't.

I am looking at it as his "sophmore slump".

Look at Cam, Andy Dalton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian

Here are some stats, TD, INT, QBR and in the playoff hunt.

Cam Newton - 18-10-88.9 and NO

Andy Dalton - 26-14-89.4 and YES

Jake Locker - 9-9-76.5 and NO

Blaine Gabbert - 9-6-77.4 and NO

Christian Ponder - 14-12-78.6 and YES

Ya

Dalton last year: 80.4 300 516 58.1 3398 212.4 6.6 20 13

this year :89.4 295 472 62.5 3313 236.6 7.0 26 14

No slump there. Gabbert, Locker both got injured can not really use stats to compare unless you wanna compare to games played. Newton, is first year was his best. Teams have his number now.

Ponder he sucks because he has no WR's. With Percy gone it only shows that MN WR unit sucks like no other.

If MN had a good QB and WR unit AP would not be even close to MVP talk or the record he might get. They have no option but to run, run, run. If MN had a top tier QB, a WR unit that wasn't overlooked this team would finish 13-3, 12-4.

Ponder played eleven games last year. Take that eleven to this years 14. What do you get. Almost the same numbers. Slump??????? Looks like what you got you got!!!!!!!

That's what they want everyone to believe. They are taking enough heat for the QB and Coaching. If the truth about Percy leaked the dome would be empty and the new stadium bill recalled.

Ponder could end up being decent if we can get a real #1 WR and keep working on our patch work O-line. My #1 goal in the off season would be get a real #1 WR. One beast the guy could count on would go a long way.

Chong Simpson is his #1 which should be a #2 at best, more like #3 or #4. No percy who is really a #2 or #3 when he's on the field. Jenkins is his #2 who shouldn't even be in the league. Jarius Wright has show some good promise to be a #3 or #4.

All the QB's mentioned above all have way better WR's around them then Ponder does.

receiver might help but i dont think so

he is so inconsistant cant put it all on the receivers

I think he might be the worst qb the vikes have had

maybe he would get better but let some other other team see...lol

The O-Line was better today than all year! The receivers are starting to get open and the D-fense backfield was tight! Beat the Pack and keep it rolling. Reminds me of '86 with Whiskey Wade Wilson- he was not great but adequate. Darrin Nelson won't be there to drop the ball. Gerhart needs to stay in bounds with a good lead. They beat a real good team up and down the field today on the road.

how many games have the vikings been blown out of this season ?

how many of the losses where caused by interceptions and fumbles?

four or five plays in the other favor spread across a couple of those loses and nobody would question his athleticism and prowess. there currently 9-6 under a rookie. under his first year as a starter . I'm not sold he's the guy for the job either, but your team is is in the hunt week 16! Patients ! get him some help Simpson cant catch a ball to save his soul , Percy's out , they just started utilizing Darius wright. who has proven to be a play maker..

for example

take Marshall away from the bears and we'd be saying who the hell was Cutler throwing too ? and all the turn overs they defense gets??

he needs help from both the coaches and solid receiver and deserves another shot

Ponder looks like a great QB when he has all day to eye up open receivers.. But when he gets rushed he starts getting silly.. Like with that almost sack by Watts where ponder just threw the ball off to the side and it flew like a dead duck.. should've been intercepted... Ponder needs to learn to know when to just take the sack instead of trying to force a play

Favre used to do the same thing his 1st few years in the league... No one was calling for his head when he' d pull a bone headed play... And he had a good QB coach and offensive coordinator... On top of good WR s which ponder does not have... He'll remain a starter in the nfl whether with the Vikings or another team...

Don't know where anyone can say he is their worst QB... Travesty Jackson was definitely worse! Gino toretta was definit,y worse... I'm sure there are more!

Good luck!

Ken

Consider 1 thing, Christian has been facing a 7-8 man front most of the year.

The other teams are trying to stop Adrian by rushing 8 almost all the time.

That ends up 2 fold, Blitzes on almost every play and IF they do not stop Adrian initially he is GONE.

Adrian only has to break 4 yards and then noone there.

Christian has been under severe diress most of the year, look when Texas only decided to rush 4-5 people, he had some time made some completions and Adrian ended up being a normal back.

I am NOT calling for Christian's head and I think he will turn into a serviceable QB in this league.

Give me some more Purple Kool aid and into the playoffs we will go!

your right jackson was bad forgot bout him but the thing is he's gone

and i dont believe ponder will ever turn into a frave!!!

but i'm sittin here in my living room

i'm sure frazier is much smarter than me...lol

i would just hate to see AP goes else were thinking theres no chance to go to the super bowl here

I'm thinking if Ponder had a real deep threat receiver we'd be talking a bit differently about him. Yeah, he's young and new but even Favre, Brady, Manning, Young, Marino, Montana, etc needed time to develop.

Is anyone else looking at Harrison Smith and saying, "I like this guy?" It's aboot time we got a hard hitting safety.

Keep this team together, get a deep threat receiver, get good possession receiver, and this team has a legit shot at a super bowl in a couple years.

I agree Harrison Smith is an animal!! We desperately needed a high impact stud in the backfield and we got one.