• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3rd Annual Lake Winnie Spearing Get to Gator.....December 7th-9th *****UPDATED 12/5/2012*****

bassNspear

Any body know how deep the weed line runs in this area of Winnie? I am looking at the map and trying to figure out a spot to try. I would like to be on the edge of the weeds fairly shallow. I have only speared Winnie once and I was set up in 12 feet of water, no weeds there. Any thoughts or suggestions? (Third river area)

Normally alot of us go out to the clay banks area which is just a big flat. Sounds like we will have to go straight out from the access because of ice conditions. BNS and some guys were there last year and would have a better idea about it

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MJ1657

• bassNspear

• mrklean

• merkman

I'm hoping to be up there around 9 am on Friday, I will probably give you a call BassandSpear when I get up there.

Bowhunt

Gonna try and get a jump on everyone else? wink

I believe there isn't going to be enough ice to run to the clay banks this year for the event after talking to Dixon today.

We will be all straight out from landing this year

And yes, we measure fish Friday till noon on Sunday!

Anyone neds information or help, call or text me!

Cya Friday!

BNS

Sooooooo.........whos all bringin there boats!!!!! whistlewhistlecrazygringrinwink

I just send the bigger guys out first shockedlaugh If they make it I'm safe.

I'm at Dixon. Spoke to some guys tonight that were out on ice! Said that fishing a been slow and not seeing many fish at all!

Still walking out as he stated is 5-6 inches of ice. The weather is cold, but we need the wind to stop!!

More information I gather I'll pass on to you!

BNS

with the cold front they will turn on-on Saturday is my guess. If Im right I want a cookie, and a brownie no nuts.

Good luck up there... I was gonna make a surprise visit Saturday....and rent a shack. then the car broke down yesterday, there went the money.

join the crowd merkman. engine on my truck went kaput 3RD WEEKEND OF DEER HUNTING IN BRAINERD, should get it back today........$3600 later.

Ice conditions are 6 inches. We have 4 wheelers out today. Water clarity if very clear. Just hope fish start moving as we haven't seen anything yet

Pizza party at 6:30. Eat at 7

Is there room for one more in case I can sneak out there? Not sure if I can wrangle a kitchen pass this weekend, but I'd love to join y'all if I can.

be careful gentlemen, and i use that word loosely, gringrin theres a winter weather watch out for sat nite into sunday up there as well as central mn. posssibly up to 6 inches of snow with wind!!!!!

BNS................... dont run off the trail!!!!! whistlewhistle

Did our talk yesterday peak your interest in spearing again TOG, wish I could go but still have finishing touches to complete the spear house. If I get time ill post or text you a picture.

MR

with the cold front they will turn on-on Saturday is my guess. If Im right I want a cookie, and a brownie no nuts.

And a diet pepsi wink

Good Luck. Stay dry

Very slow for me spooked a tiny one hopefully its an active morning

After not eating today... They are going to be hungry tomorrow grin

Day one is in the books! Not alot of fish have been seen, abd when you do see them, they get spoked very easy with no snow on the ice.

Behindthehead has a 29 and Hawkeye has a 26.

Full day today, do I'm expecting to see alot more fish!

Next update after pot luck at noon!!

BNS

As of right now there is 5 fish that have been measured. I'll have photos later today

Hopefully the afternoon run is better then yesterday!

Day two is in the books. Bowhunt set the bar high, with a 39 incher that weight 16 lbs. Iv seen alot of people spear fish, but SAM was jacked up!!

Sam 39

Hawkeye 33

Behindthehead 29

Alot more fish were seen this afternoon! Excited to see what the morning brings before the give aways at 11:30.

BNS

Bowhunt, well done sir!!! That's as big as I've heard of coming out of 3rd River in years!!! As i remember the biggest we saw was around 34-35". Are you guys still seeing a lot of bass? How about panfish?

Bowhunt, well done sir!!! That's as big as I've heard of coming out of 3rd River in years!!! As i remember the biggest we saw was around 34-35". Are you guys still seeing a lot of bass? How about panfish?

I didn't hear of anyone seeing any bass. Quite a few perch were hanging around and a few walleyes.