• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Green bay Packers today

harvey lee

They better figure out how to stop Watt and Cushing since they couldn't stop the Colts hobbled up squad.

Andre is a bigger threat then Wayne, Foster and Tate will be tough to handle.

We'll have to see how the Texans come out of tonight injury wise.

I hear ya on the trap games though, happens all the time around the league.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nate McVey

• harvey lee

• james_walleye

• LMITOUT

That said, after the bye week I think the good times are about over. MN could easily be 8-2 or 7-3 going into the bye. After that, they will do well to scrape together two wins in the last 6 games...the schedule is killer! Still, they've already exceeded expectations this year - especially on defense - and given fans reason to have some guarded optimism about the future.

I still think the NFC North will come down to the Packers and the Bears, but it's fun that at least the Vikes are in the conversation, almost 1/3 of the way through the season.

I agree the 2nd 1/2 of the schedule is tough, BUT if the Vikes are 8-2 or even 7-3 with 6 games left on the schedule, they can find 2 wins and be at 10-6 or 9-7 which should be enuff for post-season play, WHICH noone even thought of this year smile

I still dont see the Vikings better then .500 this year. But we will see. Maybe I will change my mind after this weekend, maybe not. They looked good against a bad team on Sunday, which they need to do.

I'm still putting them at 8-8 for the year but you never know. Winning tends to breed winning so if we can keep the momentum and improve on a weekly basis maybe we have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Regardless of the final record you could already argue that it has been a successful season. We've seen that a few huge holes have been filled (still a few left) and we are starting to get a clearer picture of what kind of QB Ponder can be. I don't see him being an Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees type but he could still be a top 10 QB.

Who knows, maybe Green Bay will get the opportunity to play teams using back up QB's as well.

And maybe the Vikings will get a chance to play a 1-4 team with its head coach suspended for the year. Wonder if they could win by more than a point?

Face it the Packers aren't as good as everyone thought and the Vikings aren't as bad as everyone thought. Anyone who has been a football fan for more than 3 years should know that this type of stuff happens all the time.

Its the NFL, the difference between the best team and the worst team is not as great as the media would have you believe.

Quote:
Harvey Lee dribbles; IN this thread I have not seen 1 Vike fan say ha, we are 4-1. Has to be from a losing Packer fan as thats the only 1 I see saying this.

Since you bring it up. yes it does feel better being 4-1 rather than a lame 2-3. Since I root for the Vikes, I can deal with losing but can a Packer fan?????

Get a grip Nate.

Harvey "I'm the biggest troll on the boards" Lee....there are 1000 better ways to find out what happened in the Packers game, but you chose to come on a MN/WI outdoors website to ask this question knowing it would get a response from Packer fans. Clearly you have to have internet to come to HSO and ask such a provocative question, so you could have used your 'puter to go to ESPN, Fox sports, CBS sportsline, NFL, Packers.com, Colts.com, NBC sports, Milwaukee Sentinal, Pioneer Press, Duluth News Tribune, yahoosports.com, fanrag.com or any other sports site out there.

We'll see where both teams are at the end of week 16......If you have trouble finding out what both teams records are at the end of the year, please feel free to come to a website such as HSO and we'll be happy to help you out (or maybe you can use your big button phone to call someone who actually gives a dump)

Well, there's a trend in the NFL up to this point in the season: just trying to light it up with the pass attack isn't working, especially when paired with poor defense (see Detroit, Green Bay, and New Orleans records). The teams with the better record are all playing solid defense, and showing a balanced offensive attack. I think the league has adjusted to the pass happy attacks. When Green Bay has simply dropped back to pass they have been every bit as inept as the Jets and Jaguars have looked. That isn't going to change overnight, and the defense won't either.

Say what you will about the Vikings opponents, but they've been playing a winning formula. Grab a lead, chew up the clock and move the ball on offense; and play solid defense (the tackling has been excellent). The lack of penalties has really helped too. Right now the Vikings are a tough matchup; it's going to take a team coming up with a blitzing scheme to get to Ponder, because right now the Vikings skill players are simply outplaying the opponents playmakers across the board.

A little touchy are we nate? I guess its to be expected....

How long have you been here nate? Because the one thing Harvey is not....is a troll. Good lord.....

I understand where Nate is coming from, however, I think Harvey was looking for more insite as to how the pack lost the game. Not just the score or scoring recap. That is obvious.

I was listening to the game, and what was actually happening the last 5 minutes could not be adequately expressed by any box score. I think he was looking for things like big plays, blown calls, missed field goals, etc.... Cut Harvey some slack, he is not a troll.

A little touchy are we nate? I guess its to be expected....

How long have you been here nate? Because the one thing Harvey is not....is a troll. Good lord.....

Been around long enough to know this is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this site......

I understand where Nate is coming from, however, I think Harvey was looking for more insite as to how the pack lost the game. Not just the score or scoring recap. That is obvious.

I was listening to the game, and what was actually happening the last 5 minutes could not be adequately expressed by any box score. I think he was looking for things like big plays, blown calls, missed field goals, etc.... Cut Harvey some slack, he is not a troll.

I know what he was looking for and if it REALLY was insight he sought, coming to an outdoor website would not be my first choice. I would seek out some PROFESSIONALS to give me that information, not a bunch of purple glass wearing humps.

Harvey not a troll? Cut him some slack? Harvey knows exactly what he's doing......

Your right Nate, every paper I have read and national media outlet I have been to has adequately described how bad the Packers blew that game, how over rated they are, and how they probably blew their entire season. Harvey is a troll. Sorry!

Your right Nate, every paper I have read and national media outlet I have been to has adequately described how bad the Packers blew that game, how over rated they are, and how they probably blew their entire season. Harvey is a troll. Sorry!

I can't find anything wrong with that statement Trigger, right down to your last sentence. Well done!

So it seems the cheeseheads are a bit sensitive lately!

That will happen I guess, when your team sucks!

Geez Nate. I think that you're giving us Packer fans a bad image here. Harvey is a good guy, and based on how much NASCAR he talks in that forum, I have no doubt he was watching the Talledega race and asked an innocent question. Who care where he posts his question? People post instant questions like that all of the time.

The Packers do suck right now and I'm comfortable with that. It hurts compared to where they were the last two years. While the team appears to be the same, it isn't. On offense you've got a new center calling protections and new backs in Bensen (now done) and Alex Green learning how to pass protect. I'm also not sure that OC Tom Clements is getting the offense prepared like Philbin was able to do. I think that Philbin's preparations covered some of Mike McCarthy's shortcomings as a play caller...we executed well despite the calls. Now that doesn't seem to be the case.

On defense, Capers is integrating a lot of rookies into his scheme. While those rookies adjust to the scheme, the miscommunication issues are adding up. I have confidence that the Packers will start looking better as the season progresses and these guys find their groove. They are making plays, but it's usually a layout D followed by a receive running open down the middle of the field.

We may drop the next game too but it won't be the end of the world. Being a Bills fan would be the end of the world!

Skunked, thanks for proving that not ALL GB fans are as bad as ppl make them out to be. P.S. this is coming from someone who bleeds purple/gold

So it seems the cheeseheads are a bit sensitive lately!

That will happen I guess, when your team sucks!

Likewise, it appears Vikings rubes are anxiously awaiting for the inevitable other shoe to drop on their fairy tale season thus far.

That will happen when you are used to choking I suppose.

Likewise, it appears Vikings rubes are anxiously awaiting for the inevitable other shoe to drop on their fairy tale season thus far. That will happen when you are used to choking I suppose.
Teejay - that other shoe just dropped (in)

Please tell me how I'm giving Packers fans a bad image with what I posted? I agree that the Packers stink right now, I agree that this season has been rough, I give the Queens credit for where they are right now and I think Tom comes in here and trolls (maybe you guys haven't been around long enough to know how he does it, but he does).

The Packers lost that game on Sunday because the Colts made some halftime adjustments and the Packers didn't, plain and simple. I think the Packers will be fine this year, win the division and make a playoff run...then again, I'm not an expert, I'm a hump on an outdoors website.

I like it when the Vikings are good, sorry, have a winning record, because it makes it that much more interesting and entertaining when they play the Packers.

You guys are fun, thanks for entertaining me this morning.

I predicted the Vikes to get 6-8 wins, I still think that. I Dont see them winning the division, I also dont see the Packers winning it either. But you never know. The Vikings are looking good against bad teams. And the Packers are looking bad against bad teams. I just dont see them recovering from that this season. Detroit? I think the Packers and the Lions will battle for last place this season.

I dont think I have any purple glasses on with any of those prediction, maybe so from an outsiders opinion though??

Like I said before, our 2nd 1/2 schedule is brutal, BUT I still see us going 500 in the last 6 games, we know we can beat Detroit, chicago is overhyped especially with Cutler at the helm, and right now GB is pretty much 1-dimensional with no running game and a shoddy O-line, I still like my chances to finish with a better record than GB this yr.

LOL

Now the refs are out to get the Packers:

Quote:
Buried at the very bottom of an article regarding the problem with yellow flags that’s plaguing a team whose fans wear large yellow foam hats is a contention that borders on the outlandish.

“It’s definitely on us as players,” an unnamed Packer told Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “But I think the refs are out to get us this year.”

cry me a river lol.

No kidding. I live in NE WI and believe me every single sports radio show, locker room, packer show has guys crying and whining about the officials now. Chris Havel, Larry McCaren, you name it. Whining and crying.

Last night on the way home, Chris Havel spent a 1/2 hour over analyzing every single play the pack got a flag and crying about it. The big one was the personal foul where they jawed the ball loose from Luck that went back to the Colts. Bad call? Maybe...but cripes this goes on every game against every team. vikings fans get mad too, but you don't hear it on the radio every week. Heck score more that 12pts against Seattle and we don't have the listen to any of this. Anyone tired of hearing "GB is 2-3 but should be 3-2"? Big time denial.

I think part of it is now the Packers and their fans are hyper sensitive to bad calls after the Seattle game. They are always on the look out for them now. If you have it in your head you are likely to see more of it. That doesn't mean there are any more then normal though.

Oh for CHRiSt sake, Packer fans and Packer players are not looking for calls nor are they hypersensitive towards the refs. You rubes (humps) are enjoying every minute of this (rightfully so), but don't think for one second that your team is going to be anywhere close to the division title at the end of the year.