• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012/13 college hockey season and results

scsavre

SCSU came to play tonight! Awesome game to be at...Gotta love the view from the top of the WCHA!! Go Huskies!

Gotta love the view from the top of the NCAA. Go Gophers!!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• archerystud

• PierBridge

• solbes

Sioux quietly sitting second in the conference and ahead of huskies in polls and pairwise. Should be interesting come tourney time when the 4th line sits.

Puke, where did that quote come from? Agreed, wish the WCHA would stay together.

Big Ten network commenters when goths games were aired twice on big 10 network the past few weeks. Can't remember which game but know one was vs. Wisconsin.

Quote:
Sioux quietly sitting second in the conference and ahead of huskies in polls and pairwise.

One can only hope they peak in the WCHA Final 5 and quietly bow out in the NCAA's AGAIN!

2~0 smile

Gotta love the view from the top of the NCAA. Go Gophers!!!

Actually, Gophers are #2 (literally). Quinnipiac is your #1 pairwise team.

Yeah unbeaten in 22 straight games is pretty impressive. I don't care who you are playing against.

I will say I'm much more concerned about BC come tournament time though. To think a Team has a good chance to win 3 out of the last 4 NCAA titles in todays game is unbelievable to say the least. What a team and Senior class they have with 3 consecutive Hockey East playoff titles to go along with 4 straight Beanpots.

OK hopefully that just JINXED them ... grin

Go Gophs!

Quinnipiac's goalie is Kevin Hartzel's son from WBL. He has been very hot this year. Good luck to them until they meet the Gophers!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we need to sweep UMD and the Beavers, no question. Going to the game tonight..first one in a long time. Hope they put on a good show for me.

UMD is the easiest sweep in college hockey right now. I may not even watch the games, Ugh.

Come on UMD, lets get a...tie?

Of course Lucia who is always scared to say we should win games says that the dogs aren't a team you want to play against now

Come on UMD, lets get a...tie?

Woot, we got that tie! Duluth played the Gophs pretty tough, so at least they were entertaining.

I am happy to see the good play out of our freshman: Camarenesi, Farley, Welinski, and McNeely. The upperclassman, ouch not so much.

]Of course Lucia who is always scared to say we should win games says that the dogs aren't a team you want to play against now

Yeah that darn Lucia and his Gopher Hockey program... crazy

Gopher blow this year, I mean seriously two first lines and 8 D1 quality defensemen? It's just bad management, we don't even have a 2nd line!

The talent the Gophers have, they play like every goal needs to be a highlight reel goal. If the pretty plays are not working they need to do a little crash the net and create chances. I wouldn't mind seeing Lucia sit the 1 & 2 lines a shift or 2 and let the grinders roll.

I know as a player I liked every other shift to get into the game. Rolling 3 or 4 lines kind of takes the intensity out of the player. To much down time. Tough choice, but that's why Lucia gets payed the big bucks.

I've been disappointed in SCSU as well. They should be more up by the Gophs in the PWR but they've $%#$@$ away a few easy games.

Gophs could be a team just playing for the tourney. After last year I'm sure they won't be satisfied with anything less than the National Title Game. They still have time to turn it on.

I would love to watch the Gophers or any D1 team or pro's practice. I know through my years of playing and coaching that the guys that go hard in practice do the same in games and 90% of the ones that lack effort or screw around are the ones that cost the team during games. I hope the Gophers turn it up for the tourneys.

HMMMMM ... I couldn't be happier on how the Gophers are playing this year including currently.

Let's keep the Danny=Downer negativity in the Wild forum please... grin

Let's keep the Danny=Downer negativity in the Wild forum please... grin

NICE one PB.

I'm amazed at how buying 2 players sets the expectations too high. If that did work then the Yankees should be winning nearly every World Series.

PB, The gophers are just so inconsistent. If they put together 60 minutes of their top play no one can beat them.

The Wild forum? Who are the Wild that you speak of?

WCHA is coming down to the wire.

SCSU gets Tech at home. This team has sometimes played down to the opponent but based on their PWR position every game should be a desperation game to them. Taking 4 point @ Bucky the final weekend might be tough.

Gophs get Denver. Not a great team but a very solid defensive team none the less. I fully expect the Gophs will sweep their last weekend series so this is the series where they keep the pressure on.

UNO - Wis at home and @ UMD seems like the easiest road to 8 points, IMO.

UND is only 3 points back but has their last series @ Mankato, where it will be tough to sweep.

While I'm hoping for SCSU to get the MacNaughton I'd rather see them earn it. I figure if they get 2 wins this weekend and at least one at Wis, then they've at least earned a tie of the cup.

And I think the Huskies hold the tiebreaker if I'm not mistaken. But yeah 5 or 6 points should win it for you guys easily!

No matter what happens, who ever wins it will have most definitely have earned it IMO!

Go Gophers~

I think a tie in points is a tie for the MacNaughton. Wins could determine the seeding though.

Hey at SCSU we need a few more banners for the arena!!!

Well, the gophers played 1 period of hockey this weekend and won one game. Lucia must have been watching a different game then me on Saturday. He said that they played a great game. Did he watch the first and most of the second period?

How many of you gopher fans(which I am) are tired of hearing from coaches and players "we just have to play our game"?

What is your game? What you played the first 5 periods this weekend? or the 3rd period of Saturdays game?

Could be worse, you could be a SCSU fan. Had SCSU won on Sat. night at home against the #10 team in the conference they would have sewn up the #1 seed. Pretty disappointing!!!

At this point I would say that the Final Final Five is wide open to whomever wants to take it.

Wide open is right. Tech plays tough hockey and a hot goalie, well anyone including AA could move on the F5.

I am not sure who I want the Gophers to face. Every team get pumped up for them and they cannot seam to bring their A game every night.

UMMMM we dominated every period Saturday and it's not like they "Denver" are chopped liver at #10 in the Country. Also they split at NoDak last weekend.

Other then that I feel for ya... grin

Hang in there Archerystud this is it Dog~ smile

Actually I guess you could argue that the entire NCAA's are pretty open right now. Usually at this point there is at least a team or 2 that are looking like the top contenders. However, right now all of the top teams are dropping games. Might be a pretty wild NCAA hockey tourney as well.