• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 Trail Cam Thread

slimngrizzly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slimngrizzly

• fr0sty

• sticknstring

• Bear55

Youre gonna have some big fellas around muskieman! Tumor buck will really pack it on i bet! fun to see the double main buck as well!

muskieman, can I ask which wildgame innovations cam you have? Earlier this year i bought the 2 mp for 50 bucks, i didnt expect much, but it wasnt worth 50, night pics i could only see eyes but the pics were black. So i returned it for the 4mp for 80 bucks. we turned the lights off in the house and walked by it a few times at 20 feet, could barely see us in the pics they were so dark, so i also returned that one. yours takes great pics, what model do you have? thanks

If you can swing it spend the $ on the bushnell trophy cams... we run 9 of them and never had a problem with one of them, one was submereged for one week after all that June rain and worked like a champ!

Buddy works at Gander and Wildgame is the most returned camera... FYI

muskieman, can I ask which wildgame innovations cam you have? Earlier this year i bought the 2 mp for 50 bucks, i didnt expect much, but it wasnt worth 50, night pics i could only see eyes but the pics were black. So i returned it for the 4mp for 80 bucks. we turned the lights off in the house and walked by it a few times at 20 feet, could barely see us in the pics they were so dark, so i also returned that one. yours takes great pics, what model do you have? thanks

buy the $80 4 or 5mp cam! I have 5 and they work really really great~!

i'll post some Night pics so you can see the difference

here a few pics from different brands for ya:::

PICT0021.jpg[IM000107.jpgMDGC0370_2.jpgCDY_0012.jpg

I got them last year for a reasonable price, can't remember exact but under 80 bucks. I looked at properties on picture and it said Wildgame model-W3X, f/2.4, 1/30 sec. I will check next weekend as I don't remember off hand. We run 3 of them and they always turn out good and no issues with them.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more from last week, a couple of thee are new bucks that showed up in the last week. Think they are coming in from a ways away as the deer yard up in this area.full-38623-27590-wgi_0009.jpg

full-38623-27591-wgi_0010.jpg

full-38623-27592-pict0033.jpg

full-38623-27593-pict0035.jpg

So that's where all the bucks in my area head to! smile That would be fun having a late-season spot like that. The deer in my area are like migratory birds, they all pack their bags early December and head for greener pastures.

The "Big Guy" finally made a daytime appearance.

The camera date & time are off.

This was from about 9:00 this morning,

I went to this stand this afternoon and bumped him out of his bed.

I guess that is how they get big.

full-13193-27786-9a.m_1_16_2012.jpg

Thats a dandy. Any encounters with him during the season?? Hope you find his sheds.

First time I looked at this thread. All I can say is wow, great photos here! Thanks to all for posting.

don doesn't bother looking at a thread until it reaches 100k views smile

You can see him better in this one a few seconds later but he is in there on the first one too. Pretty amazing how these critters can blend in!full-41772-27982-sunp0942.jpg