• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 Trail Cam Thread

slimngrizzly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slimngrizzly

• fr0sty

• sticknstring

• Bear55

I am hoping this guy shows up during daylight hours, at my stand, while I am in it, up wind, standing broadside, 20 yards. Is that too much to ask? grin

He has been showing up several times a week between 7:00 & 9:00 P.M.

It looks like he is getting a little aggressive squaring off with several smaller bucks.

I don't know what he scores but I would like to find out.

full-13193-25723-pict4059.jpg

full-13193-25724-pict3554.jpg

full-13193-25725-pict3562.jpg

full-13193-25726-pict1648.jpg

full-13193-25727-pict1650.jpg

full-13193-25728-pict1651.jpg

full-13193-25729-pict1652.jpg

That's a couple different bucks isn't it?

Ya... I think that one on 9/27 is a different buck. The G4 on the right is out towards the end of the beam more. Couple of dandies!

I think it is the same deer.

I went back & forth on that.

It would be great if it was 2 different bucks though.

He is not camera shy.

I think he is challenging me. grin

full-6133-25779-prespar.jpg

full-6133-25780-bucksspar.jpg

Thought you guys might like these, the date is correct, these aren't just a couple young scrubs playing around. Pretty good sized bucks to be squaring off this early.

Um no. On my end how about anytime or any picture, I have my t-cam same spot, same everything,fields are irrelevant to this cam etc. 3 Years ago I had 600+ deer pics, that cam is on the same tree/same trails etc. and nada. Not yet anyway, my hope is I'm better off seeing nothing now but maybe November 3rd they'll be there. 1 thing I noticed is with the larger bucks I can't get them at any time to go by the camera a 2nd time not that I'm walking them on a leash, think it's time to try my best to really disguise the camera better. I think messing with camera's and leaving scent etc. has not helped anything whatsoever where I'm at, I'm already holding out for a 3.5 year old or older anyway, those bucks when seen are no doubters. I'd love to see a recent daylight buck on camera, cmon somebody has 1.

See they have a secrete lever switch that when pulled down it opens a secrete corridor in the woods for the bucks to dissapear, if u look carefully you might see the entrence in the picture. They don t allow does to into the corridor, their on their own to ensure their genictc survival. We need one. just dont know what we have for a secret lever...........never mind. It certainly ensures our gentic survival but not our intellegence. grin

Just reviewed cards from 5 cams that I pulled today.

In three weeks of pics, one picture of a buck during daylight. A yearling 5 pt.

Lots of buck activity the last week, but of course all at night. A few nice bucks, but nothing jaw dropping to post.

Let the orange army get em moving on Saturday I guess.

Those are a couple of dandy's guys. The best one I've gotten this year is an 8 pointer that I'm not sure I'd shoot.

I've been getting bucks during the day, nothing huge but I got 2 on camera fighting again this year. Saw 12 deer in 2 hours sat eve, at least 4 were bucks.

Pointerdog.... Looks like you have a little corn in front of your camera to attract deer for taking pictures. Perfectly fine. However, if you intend to hunt there you need to remove all bait 10 days prior to hunting to be 100% legal. Just an FYI.

Pointerdog.... Looks like you have a little corn in front of your camera to attract deer for taking pictures. Perfectly fine. However, if you intend to hunt there you need to remove all bait 10 days prior to hunting to be 100% legal. Just an FYI.

+1. Seems like a lot of these pics have bait there to pull them in. I'm guessing that there might be at least one from Minnesota. Nothing wrong with a friendly reminder of the regs...