• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Vermilion Fishing Reports by Casey's Guide Service (Everything else too)

Looks like you really had a great Canadian trip Casey!

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/10/2012 at 8:51 PM, Casey Sunsdahl said:

If you want a new fishing report just ask right in here.

If you have questions or would like to post your report feel free...

I'm here to help.

I suppose now that it's June I should start my 2012 fishing report thread on here!!  I am supposed to maintain a thread on here as part of my duties with HSO so let's get after it!

There is a ton of good information on here regarding fishing on the V and cabins, restaurants, resorts, boat rentals and just about anything else you can think of. 

So if there is any obscure question about anything else like electronics, rigging, willow cats, bullhead fishing or what the current boat house count is in stunz bay... Let's have some fun and post it in here! I probably don't have many good answers but I will attempt to make something up!

Tight Lines!

Captain Casey

Casey.... Is there a date yet for the 2016 take a Veteran fishing yet???? Had a blast in your boat last year;) didn't catch much... But is was a Blast!!!!! Thanks Again n Hoping to fish with You Again this year;) sign me up Please!!!!;)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a veteran, can I go too? I was a chair borne ranger in the Vietnam era. :)

Edited by delcecchi

Yeah Ray kinda outfished us didn't he! That was a blast I think everyone had a good fishing day and a great time!

Take a kid fishing is July 20th

Take a Vet Fishing is Aug 25th

Casey 

Not much time left for ice.. The boat is coming out this week!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

Got the boat out this morning!!

Any guesses on ice out? I'm thinking April 15?

Casey

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

Casey,

I was just contemplating that same thing the other day!

I say April, 17!

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

Ice didn't get very thick this winter and last weeks rain and warmth took a toll on the ice, but the snow cover and recent cool weather will slow it down.  Blah, blah, blah.  April 14.

• 1 month later...

Much like Cliff my scouted fish were cooperative! Dragging a jig and minnow was great.. Caught 60-70 on the day! Another great opener in the books!

• Thumbs Up 1

were the fish pretty deep Casey or were they spread out? Also have the fish moved out from the spawning areas or have they still not ventured very far? Thanks!

I think most fish are very near spawning areas and still going shallow at night.. Most consistent day time depths have been 25-40 but that will change soon!

Casey,

Congratulations to you and Matt on your 6th place ranking in the Walleye Classic!

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:53 AM, Casey Sunsdahl said:

Thanks Cliff! Was a fun day...

Congrats Casey!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fishing has been great this week! Couple openings, June 2 and 7. Pretty full the rest of the month but never hurts to check. 

Casey

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Check out this dude! Maybe he will chime in.....

Fishing has been great! The catching too.

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Those three guys with the stringer had a few kipper snacks there.  Get about one taco each.

9 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Those three guys with the stringer had a few kipper snacks there.  Get about one taco each.

I thought the same thing when I saw that. It's hard to tell in a pic but I would guess there are 12 and 13 inch fish there. Honestly though it probably does the lake very little harm to keep those dinks. I doubt if I'd have my picture taken with them though.

Edited by roony

When a slot sticks you with small fish but all you catch are really small fish, and you want to eat fish, you gotta adjust your standards. I'm with Roony - wouldn't bother with the pics! But I don't fault people one bit for keeping little ones on slot lakes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Probably not as small as they look I would guess, because Casey almost never keeps a walleye under 13 inches!

At least they are eating fresh walleyes! :)

Cliff

I have the same cutting board as those fish are laying on. It is 15.5" wide.  I'll take those fish all day long.  The stringer ?? Hard to say, but as Cliff said, they're eating fish.

Edited by Sculpin

6 minutes ago, Sculpin said:

I have the same cutting board as those fish are laying on. It is 15.5" wide.  I'll take those fish all day long.  The stringer ?? Hard to say, but as Cliff said, they're eating fish.

We're not talking about the pic with the cutting board.