• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012-2013 Gophers

Scott M

Where is all this talent everybody thinks we have? Let me guess, Tubby sucked it out of them. Seriously guys, this team is not as good as you dream it is. Tubby must have been the reason for the 27% 3pters. He made Williams a weak arse. Eliason make great choices because of him too. Seriously, I mean seriously Tubby is trying everything he can. He's even giving minutes and touches to Mo Walker. This team just is not as good as you guys think. You can't get the expectations out of a very few bright spots. As much as I love the Gophs I'm a realist and this is reality, not want you guys see.

Ps, your cant wait gave me a chuckle. "Can't wait!.......Can't wait!"

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• DrJuice1980

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

How does a team go 15-1 to start a season with no talent? They had some impressive wins early on. This is a coach who cannot adjust to other teams strengths. You watch tape of teams to make adjustments as a coach. Alot of tape is out there now. Some coaches can use it as an advantage. Tubby forgets to put on his 3-d glasses because he is totally missing how to dissect film.

NIT here we come.

0 NCAA wins in 6 years with Flubby. They won't make the tourney this year.

Reusse was right, Turkey of the year.

Another Maturi flop.

We have been consistently scoring around 50 points the last 10 games. Where are the adjustments on offense? Those first 20 games or so we were averaging around 75 points a game. How can your offense just all of sudden go that bad. How can you not turn it around at least for a few games. We make no adjustments at all. It's the same standing around and turning it over game after game. Our big are catching the ball 5 ft from the 3 point line and are expected to make something happen. What do you expect Mo Walker to do with the ball at the top of the key? If no ones there to help him he's gonna turn it over.

Where is all this talent everybody thinks we have? Let me guess, Tubby sucked it out of them. Seriously guys, this team is not as good as you dream it is. Tubby must have been the reason for the 27% 3pters. He made Williams a weak arse. Eliason make great choices because of him too. Seriously, I mean seriously Tubby is trying everything he can. He's even giving minutes and touches to Mo Walker. This team just is not as good as you guys think. You can't get the expectations out of a very few bright spots. As much as I love the Gophs I'm a realist and this is reality, not want you guys see.

Ps, your cant wait gave me a chuckle. "Can't wait!.......Can't wait!"

YES, TUBBY IS THE REASON FOR THE 27% 3 POINTERS! HE DOESNT RECRUIT ANYONE THAT CAN SHOOT!! Shooters are a dime a dozen! They are literally EVERYWHERE across the country! Why he doesnt have ONE guy that can shoot on this team is MIND boggling! Just stop blaming everything on the players. You sound like tubby, constatly running the players down and refusing to accept any blame himself. Face it, Tubby is a VASTLY over-paid and HIGHLY over-rated coach. Hes proven that beyond a doubt to me. This team is playing like they are the WORST team in the big ten! Un-acceptable anyway you slice it. Especially un-acceptable when your being paid 2 MILLION FRICKIN DOLLARS TO WIN IN THE BIG TEN. And after six years its still not happening and it never will with this guy.

Well they do have a decent shooter in Wally Elenson warming the bench every game. But hey why play him when Osenieks can throw up air balls shot after shot.

didnt tubby waste ellansons red shirt earlier this year in a meaningless game too?? Another brilliant move by the "great" tubby. PLAY THE MAN IF YOU ALREADY WASTED HIS REDSHIRT!

15-1 should not have given you [false hope] bud. We had a win against Memphis. That was all. The talent is not here. If it was you would see it at some point in the last 8 games but you have not seen a lick. Why? because its not here. Where is the talent? Not here. Not the talent that you guys think we have anyways. We got decent players and have had a decent season. The real ness hurts....

The Big 10 is perennially over rated. That's why they always get 6 or 7 teams in every year. And every year without fail, half of them lose in the first round. This year they do have four legitimately good teams (one #1 seed)and one borderline tourney team. The bottom seven teams are average to below average and do not deserve a tourney bid, but two of those teams will most likely get in anyway.

The Big East will send 7-8 teams

The Big Ten will send 7 (should be five)

The Big twelve and PAC 12 will each send 6

Hardly proof of a better talent level.

Those four conferences are roughly equal. Difference being that the other three conferences have a better consistency of talent top to bottom vs a top heavy Big 10. This makes it tougher to run up a high number of wins, but also make them better prepared for the tourney, which is why they last longer.

Well, there's no shortage of unique takes on this board...Big Ten had 7 teams that were ranked in the top 25 at some point during conference play. I'd also submit a plucky Iowa squad as a bubble team. RPI and SOS beyond win-loss and how you've played of late determine who gets in. There aren't any free invites to the Big Dance.

Just four years ago the Big Ten was pretty bad, but strength of conference goes in waves. Big Ten was a power basketball conference in the 70's and 80's, had a few decent teams in the 90's and 00's but played second fiddle to ACC and Big East, but this year they are the best conference. I will predict 5 Big Ten teams win their opening round matchup this year. Pac 12, ACC, and Big 12 are down this year, not on par with B1G or Big East.

If anything, I would say the Big Ten has the most talent and parity top to bottom which might make them tougher come tournament time. The Big Dance is about getting stops as much as anything, and the grind it out style of the conference can help. No doubt you need the horses on offense too, and when you see MSU, Michigan, and Indiana playing for a #1 seed and look at the personnel. I would say Michigan and Indiana have the horses to get there and can get the stops. I'm not saying 2013 crowns a Big Ten team National Champion, but I'd say it'll come down to the Big East and Big Ten for most NCAA tournament wins.

15-1 should not have given you [false hope] bud. We had a win against Memphis. That was all. The talent is not here. If it was you would see it at some point in the last 8 games but you have not seen a lick. Why? because its not here. Where is the talent? Not here. Not the talent that you guys think we have anyways. We got decent players and have had a decent season. The real ness hurts....

Memphis was the only ranked win, but the composite score was formerly #1, then #2 for nonconference SOS...those numbers ebb and flow as teams win and lose in their respective conferences, but at last check it was #12. Nonconference RPI was #2. That's not a whole collection of bananas, there's a few as that's the nature of college basketball, but the body of evidence is pretty strong.

You are ready to wash away Tubby himself calling this the most talented team he's had in Minnesota? Even if we were to agree with your assertion that the talent is not there, it's okay to pay Tubby the kind of money he's getting and accept zero NCAA victories during his six years in Minnesota?

After this team loses to Indiana, they have to win out to go .500. I expect them to do it, but it's just sad that they will be mentioned as a bubble team (I don't think they have nearly as much to worry about as some teams for the reasons listed above). You realize he's had bubble teams every year he's been here? The injury, defection, blame the players routine only works for so long...

Theres no doubt the big ten is the best conference in the country.... but the gophers are losing to EVERYONE. Including northwestern, getting blown out by Iowa, not even showing up to play tonight..... And guess what, they play indiana next. This is turning into a horror show. If they lose to Penn St. or Nebraska Tubby should retire and give back his ludicris salary. There is no reason this team should look this bad regardless of what kind of talent you think they have. This is Tubby's 6th season, these are all HIS guys. If you think this is the best we can do Dr J, then thats sad. Look what Bo Ryan does with a bunch of no-name white guys. No matter how good of a coach you think he is, he isnt worth what hes getting paid and deserves the boot. I hope the new A.D. has the cahonez to do it.

Tubby is tired and old. Get someone with some energy who gives a !@#$% in there. Your time is up Tubby - oh and we're keeping Williams arena too.

Turn this loss into "Happy time"

When your team is too slow

And the morale has gotten too low

When the game moves too fast

And the stamina just can't last

When it's time to retreat after another defeat

And the solution you know is to move your feet

Put a smile on your face and take a chance

Turn up the music and do the "Tubby lockeroom dance".

The talent is on this team to be much, much better than it is. Mbakwe will get a chance at the NBA and I bet and NBA team invites Rodney to camp as well. Austin because of his length could get a sniff and Dre if he improves some might too (although improving under Tubby is not likely). as stated, Flubby himsself said this was his most talented team. And that results in 30 point losses. How could anyone obviously defend that?

Tubby has no results to fall back on. He has accomplished nothing here. Just look at his record and his tourney success. 6 years of mediocrity is not acceptable.

The B1G is the best conference this year. All the pundits agree on this. Take a tlook at how many times Mich St was in the final four. over the last 15 years. Better than almost everyone. It ebbs and it flows but the B1G is solid and this year better than any other conference.

Neither Hollis has a chance at the NBA level or D league at that. Mbakwe doesnt have the size to play his game at the NBA, maybe D League but hes pretty much European League all the way. Rodney? Maybe but he needs to toughen up quite a bit.

Wow... i wonder how to get a hold of this guy and have him pick next years super bowl winner for me to bet on! He was spot on and saw everything coming! thats a pretty telling article. I love the part about the assistant coaches especially... pretty much sums it all up while hes been here

He was spot on in the article. Pretty much word for word about where MN sits popularity wise in the Big 10.

He was spot on in the article. Pretty much word for word about where MN sits popularity wise in the Big 10.

Yeah... and if they had a better coach and a better record over the last six years they would sit higher in that order. Tubby has accomplished about as much as Dan Monson in his tenure so far.

Hey, i never said we werent buds! Just dont get all the tubby love, thats all. The mans done ZERO to deserve it. Maybe if he actually accepted a little blame himself instead of blaming all the guys he recruited i would go easier on him....

"A great leader takes all of the blame, and none of the credit."

I can't find who this quote is from, but certainly seems to apply here.

The injuries and transfers and Royce White issues probably saved Tubby from being exposed. He always had an excuse. This year is different.

Had Royce played, he might have been able to turn the program around.

They play #1 ranked Indiana on Tues. At least they are at home. Thing is to me they can compete with any team if they play up to their potential. This is what the coach does. Brings out the player's potential. That just doesn't happen here.

As a fan I would like to see Tubby pack up and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

EBass that is a great way to put it, Tubby's teams do not live up to their potential. Put another way, Tubby's teams are less than the sum of its parts. When your accomplishments are the same or less than Dan Monson, you dont have much to stand on.

Owe - not even within 20. I want to pull a rube and say gophs will put out a W, but that's betting with my heart and not my head.

IU-61

MN-53

Tubby got a shrink in there this past weekend so lets hope it worked. 68-62 Gophs in the upset of the year.