• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012-2013 Gophers

Scott M

Tubby is not to blame for the poor FG and FT %. However, he is to blame, the only one to blame, for the stagnant, terrible offense. Come on man!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• DrJuice1980

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

Well it's their terrible half-court offense that leads to terrible shots and a bad FG%. Yes, they miss a lot of open shots, but they also take a lot of terrible end of shot clock prayers.

It's a chicken/egg thing that I don't think happens in practice. These guys have no idea about spacing, no idea about hard cuts, no idea about setting up cuts, setting up and rubbing offscreens, setting up passes, no idea about ideal places to catch the ball. The little details on offense are missing, they are missing on defense too but it's glaringly obvious on offense. Guys stand, aren't sure of where they need to go, where they need to pass. To me, they should have that stuff down and have a good game plan for who they play week by week. There's been no consistency, it's not all Tubby nor is it all the players, but when you have a coach for 6 years and see the same things, patterns emerge that are more indicative of coaching than player personnel.

Brutal, this is ugly. No backside help on D, poor shooting and selection. Hope the second half is at least respectable.

Another pathetic, absurd, non-competitive road game for this team. 8-10 in the big ten with a TOTAL OF 1 ROAD WIN. Let me repeat that- ONE ROAD WIN. Wow. 9th place in the big ten. Let me repeat that- 9TH PLACE IN THE BIG TEN. I dont care about rpi, i dont care how good the big ten is. What a TERRIBLE season for this team.

Unless this team goes on a run in the big ten tourney and ncaa's(which they dont deserve to be in) I dont see how you keep tubby smith. Do us all a favor and retire Tubby- the game has passed you by, clearly. Go down south and sail away into the sunset, thanks for nothing. Ive seen so many players either not get better, regress or just plain transfer away with this guy in charge im done with him.

No penetration from Williams, 4 of 5 from the field, afraid of his own shadow. Maybe you Tubby haters are on to something but jeez, its tough to watch these players stink it up.

Only good thing I saw was the 1/2 time adjustment of Maverick at point and Dre at 2 guard and Coleman on the bench. If they play good d and run, Coleman is an asset, it not he shouldn't be in the gym.

I'd like for someone to count the total substitutions. It looked like a contest to see who could ruin the flow of the game. Between substitutions on every out of bounds and free throw, fouls and timeouts for tv and coaches, it's a miracle that any team can get on a run.

Can't wait for the NCAA where teams can run up and down without the hand check and pack the lane football games that go on in the Big Ten.

A new coach may not be the answer, but it's only going to get worse next year. I hope the AD can get rid of Tubby. 8-10 just doesn't cut it with this year's talent. They were one shot (Iowa home) from being 7-11 this year.

Yuck, 9th in the conference. Nebraska, Penn State, and Northwestern beneath you and that is all. Some bad basketball there. Post-game quotes are more of the same, something along the lines of "that's some of the worst defense I've ever seen played". C'mon.

It'd be depressing if it wasn't so predictable. You can go back to all the season logs in this forum and look at the non-conference and conference records and how these things have shaken out and what has ailed the team. Either Tubby's a coach with a lot of inadequacies or he's lost the players and they don't listen; either way it's not working.

It's a brutal conference this year, make no mistake. But this team is not the 9th best in the league, they should have finished 4th or 5th.

Can they make a run in post-season tournament play? Sure, heck, they've done that a couple times with Tubby. But do I expect it? Heck no. They might win a neutral court rematch with Purdue if they have some pride but pride will be the same reason they lose to Indiana the very next day. I'm expecting a 1 and done in the NCAAs.

Not a good way to end the season. Hope this don't show how they will play in the playoffs.

Guess Sweet Sixteen is outa the question now. Heck will they get in the dance? NIT Title is still in their eyes from last year.

Welcome to the NBA D league Williams Jr and Mbwake...that's if you're lucky.

I had to turn it off on Sat. Too painful to watch mistake after mistake.

Some bad basketball there. Post-game quotes are more of the same, something along the lines of "that's some of the worst defense I've ever seen played". C'mon.

Does tubby have any clue he's just trashing himself right along with the players? YOUR THE ONE THAT RECRUITED THEM TUBBY! HELLO!!!!! ANYBODY HOME???? Basically what your saying Tubby is that you A- Either cant recruit players that are worth a sh--... Or B- you cant coach them up and make them better.

And if this is the worst DEFENSIVE team hes ever had.... what does that make them on OFFENSE there Tubbs???

First round exit in the Big Ten Tourney equals the NIT, one win or more will get them to the Big Dance. I'm not holding my breath on the latter!!

The coaching staff sure did not make the most of the talent they had on this roster. So disappointing. Again I saw a quote over the weekend from Tubby blaming the players. Unbelievable.

next year, with considerably less talent due to both graduations and most likely a transfer or two, we will be battling Penn St and Nebraska for last place if Tubby is not fired.

I really hope they get into the turkey. And get pick up there game and maybe win a game or two.

team seems to be a reflection of the coach..almost no spirit, drive, fire or perhaps`disinterested. just going throught the motions and getting paid..Apparently kentucky seen this right away and ran him out..thats how he landed here.. i still like him but not his results..

The rubber match coming up. Gophs played solid the first time around. Lets hope the team shows up and plays that way again. Out of all the years watching this one is by far the most confusing. I've never seen this vast of a difference in play. It's either quality or pathetic. This is the time that it matters I hope the quality character shows and not the quiter type.

I'm guessing 11 pts with 2 minutes left in the 1st half probably won't get it done today. Blow this staff out the door and start over, unreal..

C'mon, did you think they would win this game? Sad to say, even at the end, I just wondered how they'd blow it....

SUCH a fitting way to end the season. Less then 50 pts once again. Couldve had last shot and turn it over. By the way i hope they dont make the tourney, because there is NO WAY IN HELL a 9th place team in ANY conference deserves to get in the tournament.

How do you bring back Tubby Smith after this year? HOW?

Scoreless over final 2:55. Can't grab a rebound or take care of the ball. 17 T.O.'s and no bench points.

Thattaboy Rodney, more turnovers and fouls than points. We'll never forget you. Not sure that the RPI, big wins, or SOS can overcome the terrible finish down the stretch by this team. I wouldn't invite them, they don't deserve it.

ugly, are we even going to get an invite?

You are kidding, right?? Your favorite coach, with his best Gopher team, has run this team into the ground!! I have seen enough..

tubby is a dead man walking and has been acting like one for over 7 games now...i was a big tubby guy but boy oh boy have my eyes been opened..are you listening norwood? or maybe you are asking maturi how his china trip on taxpayers expense is going..