• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012-2013 Gophers

Scott M

they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Tubby is inssane.

Here is my question....someone enlighten me on how wrong I am. Everyone (tubby, players, media and fans) all talk about how they need to move better on offense. they do that against nebraska and it works. on virtually all of the losses, and especially last night, andre dribbles up top and all 4 guys walk to their spots and look at him. then he throws it to Austin in the corner who walks it up top and passes it back to Andre. same thing on the other side. then the shot clock starts getting low and panic ensues. Obviously, the plan laid out by Tubby does not include motion. Cuz if it does, you wouldnt have 4 guys making no effort whatsoever to move. Rodney was walking half the time. At best, when they are moving, it is only 1 or 2 guys. I kept track and virtually never did we have all 5 guys in motion in the half court. Why doesnt Tubby have a plan for people moving?

I am going to the Wisconsin game next week. First game in many years. Anybody wanna guess on the final score? Wisconsin 24 Minnesota 22? Lower? Maybe Minnesota 18 Wisconsin 17?

Think back to last years NIT run. They should be playing those game tapes 24/7 to the players.

I like the effort by Eliason. He leaves it all on the court. Osenieks and Walker dont deserve playing time. Ingram just doesnt have a lot of talent. Mav and Welch play like they have been beaten by the coaching staff. I love Mbakwe. He plays like a beast. They dont get him the ball enough. Andre passed up some opportunities last night. Austin just missed shots. Rodney just disappears. Coleman...i dont know what to say about him. he is a PF trapped in a guards body. I would double dog dare him to shoot jumpers if I was an opposing team.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• DrJuice1980

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

Post game interview. Tubby thought the bench played well and the game was lost due to defensive breakdowns. What game was he watching? Put him and Sid in a taxi with Ozzy Osbourne and let them mutter away into the sunset.

Gosh, too many turnovers and poor 3 point field goal defense, a blown 12 point lead that constitutes 20% of total points in the game. who would have guessed? One and done in NCAA. Sad situation.

Guess nobody told the Gophers that the Illini like to shoot 3's. It's pretty much their entire offense and yet we can't defend it. Regardless of the defense we can't keep scoring 50 points a game. At this point i'll just be happy to get in the tourney.

Yup. Doing their turd circling the bowl impression again. Mercifully the weather knocked out the dish with a little over a minute to go. Now I can play on the internet w/o getting the hairy eyeball rather than watching Say Yes to the Dress. wink

Please tear down the Barn, opposing teams shoot too well in it. O for 22 guy hit 4 threes, end of half three, another guy with 0 threes on the season hits his only 3 of the year.

Gophers need a shooter and somebody that can penetrate so so bad.

Yea I wish Dre would do more off the dribble. He's not the fastest or shiftiest guard, but he's got potential to make more happen off the dribble. I guess it's tough when you are kicking it out to Joe Coleman though. Man his shot is ugly. He's a forward stuck in a guards body.

We've got potential to work different lineups through with our bench, but Flubby seems to like throwing away leads with the full line switches. I'd like to seem them go big sometimes with Mbakwe, Eliason, and Williams. I know Rodney was hurt today, but still haven't seen that lineup all year. Our half court offense sucks and that would really set up some match up problems on the offensive end. Still don't see what Osenieks does for this team. He's got no offensive or defensive game. Wally Ellenson is fast athletic and can shoot the 3, but he's sits on the bench unless we have a huge lead.

I don't know what's more frustrating: the gophers or my black ops K:D ratio?

Just saw that they are no longer on the top 25. N.I.T!

Well a couple more losses and Tubby will be gone. Bring in Flip with asst double T!

Going to the game tonite boys! I really think Flubby (I like that term!) has got this team playing scared. Andre is the poster child for this. He has went from a dominating NIT run, a 41 point explosion early season to passing up shots last game.

But I will be cheering the lads proudly. As frustrated as I am with the team and Flubby, you gotta cheer for the kids. They get 4 years (or 12 in the case of Mbakwe!) and dont deserve to be booed.

Expecting a final score in the 20s tonight though with WI in town. I am thinking the bench doesnt need to score and if all the starters average 6 points, we stand a good chance of winning! I read somewhere that a 4 point deficit against WI seems insurmountable.....that was pretty funny....but true.

Look for me in the crowd tonite. I have on a gold MINNESOTA sweatshirt.

the first ten minutes have been complete garbage so far... again. Picking up right where they left off- getting worse every game. I dont see how you keep tubby after this season. 6 pts with 9 min left in the first half???? WOW .... get a clue Tubby

What a TERRIBLE first half... on pace for 44 points. Extremely lucky to be down only 2. This team is just worthless on offense. Ive seen 5th grade offenses that run smoother. I shouldnt even watch the games, i just get angry.

I used to say "its not tubbys fault" too. But his teams pull this same carp year after year, decent in nonconference and then FALL APART in the big ten... he needs to start taking alot of heat imo. Gophs are paying him way too much to have a losing record in the big ten EVERY SINGLE YEAR

well, they pulled it out... i dont know how but they did. We'll see what happens the rest of the way, but i didnt see a whole lot of improvement in that game. Hopefully this gives them a bit of confidence.... When was the last time this team scored 60 points??? my goodness

Ugly win. I was as close as I've been to calling for Tubby's head. He's not yet safe in my book, just teetering on the edge. You can't get swept by Wisconsin when you have the superior talent, and you can't lose at home, even if they are ranked.

Ya they won, but that was ugly. How bout the shots they were getting out of timeouts. I was yelling at my tv. Tubby would call a timeout and we would come out and throw up a wild shot at the end of the shot clock. We have been consistently scoring 50 points a game. That's ridiculous and will not win you many games. Just a good thing we were playing the Badgers tonight, and a big thanks goes out to Bruesiwich for that boneheaded play at the end of reg.

Ugly win. I was as close as I've been to calling for Tubby's head. He's not yet safe in my book, just teetering on the edge. You can't get swept by Wisconsin when you have the superior talent, and you can't lose at home, even if they are ranked.

Agreed. That wisconson team is garbage. I have no idea how they are 8-4 in the big ten. Lots of luck (ie the half courter against indiana and the brick that freshman threw up against the gophs that went in in madison to beat us) and they CLEARLY are coached better then the gophers. Its maddening watching the gophers struggle so badly against these teams- NW and sconny especially.

Ya they won, but that was ugly. How bout the shots they were getting out of timeouts. I was yelling at my tv. Tubby would call a timeout and we would come out and throw up a wild shot at the end of the shot clock. We have been consistently scoring 50 points a game. That's ridiculous and will not win you many games. Just a good thing we were playing the Badgers tonight, and a big thanks goes out to Bruesiwich for that boneheaded play at the end of reg.

+100! You were not the only one screaming at the TV after timeouts. I was actually cussing! THEY NEVER get good shots out of timeouts! Its stuff like this that makes you wonder REALLY HARD if tubby really has a clue what hes doing... He probably wants to just get fired and take the buyout so he can move back down south somewhere, at least thats what it looks like sometimes.

It's not Tubby. It's the players and lack of backbone. Calling for Tubby to be fired is rediculous. Who are we going to get? This is not Kansas, Duke, NC, Michigan, Michigan state, Syracuse, Ohio State etc and will never be. We can't draw those players and we never will. And even those schools have their downs. Tubby does a good job with the program, he makes steak from a s**t sandwich. Remember who we had before? You seriously want to dump Tubby for another Monson? Get real guys. Tubby brought us back to being respectable, you want to give up on a guy who's had success everywhere he's been, won a national champ. for a "gamble" coach? Great win tonight Tubby, your players almost lost it again not exicuting after a TO.

I'm glad I missed the first 10 minutes. 4 points in 10 minutes. Mbakwe could shoot 3's and they might score more than 4 points in 10 minutes. No penetration for long periods. Lucky win, but Tubby broke the streak, Badgers were 50 and O when leading with 5 minutes to play under Bo Ryan.

It's not Tubby. It's the players and lack of backbone. Calling for Tubby to be fired is rediculous. Who are we going to get?

Tubby recruited those same players and cant coach em up. Its one thing to say "who are we gonna get" for gopher football, but NOT for BBall. YOu should be able to recruit and win in basketball and at the barn pretty consistanly.

Who could we get- Flip Saunders, Shaka Smart, Tim Miles and on and on and on.

Im not saying fire him yet, but what is this? his 5th, 6th year??? He hasnt won a NCAA tourney game yet nor finished over .500 in the big ten!!! Come on man, youve got PRETTY low standards if you think a guy that never gets above .500 in the big ten is the best ever and we can do no better. I thought we scored big when we hired him but im not so sure anymore.

Your in serious dream world if you think any of those coaches will come here. Somebody needs to pinch you. WAKE UP! What's next? The great Bobby Knight is coming out or retirement? This is a very very very hard league and there is nothing, absolutely nothing that is going to draw decent recruits other than Tubby. Would you rather pick the U or Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin-MAD TOWN, jeez even throw in Purdue. You think some kid from LA, NY, FL, Chi, Det., is going to want to come here to cold butt MN? When's the last time a U of M player made league and you can't count Royce White, he's D-league. Also Chris Humpries doesnt count either, he was a one snd done from the get go. Quincy Lewis that's who. What kind of a draw is that for recruiting? "Quincy Lewis made it to the NBA 10+ years ago." Seriously man what program are you watching? Low standards? Well compared to the likes of the previously mentioned programs, I think my expectations are right in line with reality. Dude, in state players don't even want to play here, not because of Tubby because they know if they want a chance at a title their odds are better else where. The truth hurts but that's it. Trust me, I wish it was different. Be a Michigan state fan if you have those expectations. Tubby was our best choice and still is.

Dohkay... thats fine if your happy with sub .500 big ten seasons. Not me. Especially when your making 2 mil a year. There are plenty better coaches out there, and yes they would come. YOU DONT THINK FLIP WANTS THIS JOB??? I garuntee Flip would take the job in a heart beat, and if he did you would actually see an offense that could score. HE HASNT WON A TOURNEY GAME (only been there once) and NEVER FINISHED above .500 in the big ten!!!!! WHAT PROGRAM ARE YOU watching?? you act like the man is John Wooden! If the gophs finish below .500 in the big ten again and dont make it to the tourney (64 teams!!!!!!) or lose in the first round i could care less if he goes. And dont bring up Dan Monson, the next coach would have to try to be as terrible as he was... not gonna happen. Im not saying tubby is worthless, but you cant possibly watch these games and the chinese firedrill that is their offense,(every year) their confusion after timeouts and lay the blame SOLEY on the players.

You don't think they'll make it? They won their 18th game tonight and have 2 gimmes left with penn state and neb. Probably Purdue too. That's 20 games for sure. This years big ten 20 wins and your in. Also, how much can you really know about the NCAA tourney if you say 64 teams? And seriously Flip is way too good to take the job here. There's plenty of NBA squads that would hire Flip. Flip wants this job, IALTO!

Also, how much can you really know about the NCAA tourney if you say 64 teams?

16 teams in each bracket, 4 brackets = 64 teams... what am i missing? Yes i know about all the automatic bids and the play in games so save it.

Flip had his chance or should i say chances in the NBA there Juice... I think he would be extatic to get the gophs job, especially since he played college ball for the gophs. It only makes sense

.500 in the big ten and making the tourney and occansionally winning a game or two in it shouldnt be too much to ask, and we have yet to see that with Tubby. Hopefully he can get that done this year.