• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012-2013 Gophers

Scott M

Solid 44 points. Explosive offense.

But why can't they review shot clock violations. What's up with these stupid rules. If you are able to review shots and see if they are a 3 or 2 why can't you review to see if the game winning shot was a shot clock violation or not. Wheres the common sense in these rules. The clock above the backboard was at 0 when it was still in his hand.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• DrJuice1980

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

See what happens when you try to make a highlight reel dunk in the first half and it clangs off the rim boys and girls? You lose by one rather than win by one in the second half! Kohl Center is not an easy place to win but when you keep shooting yourself in the foot, it's next to impossible. Oh well, maybe they can win the NIT this year! sick

Didn't see it but heard the post-game on my way back from the lake. Wow. Missed breakaway dunk to try and get on Sportscenter when you should have known you'd scrap for every point, missed the FT to tie, starters not named Andre Hollins or Trevor Mbakwe shot about 10% collectively...Rodney Williams, I hope you like playing in Istanbul next year.

Bye bye Top 25. I'm going to Nebraska Tuesday night. My how things have changed in less than two weeks.

Nebraska handled Northwestern with ease yesterday.... I have watched only a few games this year, and have yet to see them win.... Eek... I will be skipping the Tuesday night game and watch the Food channel instead I think. frown

lol! After being crabby from fasting for a blood draw Tues. a.m., that sounds like a great idea. I'm going to be hungry as a bear anyway so why get crabby again? smile

I'm going to drive up for the game today, they can't afford to lose this one against a lower level team in the Big Ten and at home. If the Cornhuskers win this one it could spell the end for any chance for the Big Dance and an end for Tubby. It will give Tim Miles bragging rights because I heard he was mentioned for the job a few years ago. I think the Gophers will regroup and win by 15 going away. Not sure if that is my heart or my head doing the talking though.

Food Channel had a rerun on how to make zucchini stuffed with eggplant again, served with Aunt Bee's special pickle recipe. Wowsirs! Rodney must've read Scott's remarks above about playing in Istanbul. 19 pts. in the first half! smile

When will Rodney show up against a good team though? It's one thing to do it against Nebraska, now he's gotta do it against Michigan, Indiana, Mich. St., etc..

Well they won the last game but i seen that it put them into the mid twentys for a ranking. Hope they can win this sunday.

I walked past Teague on University and just about shouted "if Tubby loses tonight, he better be gone tomorrow!" but resisted the temptation.

Nebraska lost that game on the opening possession. They don't guard worth a darn, don't force deep catches, couldn't get around a couple simple staggered screens. If Gallegos didn't spring for 30 Nebraska would have been torched, they turned it over a lot, gave up a bunch of offensive rebounds, but shot surprisingly well.

Tubby plays a team with no handles so he slaps on a press. Why wait to do that until you play Nebraska? I don't want to beat a dead horse here, long, quick, and athletic players that can't shoot should press 15-25 minutes a game.

Nice tip dunk from Austin Hollins and some spry moves from Rodney, going assertive to the rim. Good effort all around with all players getting time. Trevor didn't get many touches but he doesn't have a move other than snatch an offensive rebound and put it back in. I watch Rodney and Trevor on opposite blocks catch the ball and then not know what to do with it. Two seniors, that aspire to the NBA, can't read a defender and make a move. It's like post offense has been dead at all levels since McHale's been outta the NBA.

Iowa on Sunday. Iowa's a little more frisky than Nebraska so we'll see what happens.

Was listening to 1500 on the drive in...Given Tubby's conference record during his tenure, and if this team goes 11-7 in Big Ten play and fizzles out in the Big Dance, should he be given more time? The hosts were saying no, but they doubted Teague would cut Tubby loose. It's a great question, as the frontcourt weakens substantially after this year. I don't see Tubby's .400 winning percentage in the conference getting much better.

The way their schedule shapes up the best they can do is 11-7 with one possibly 2 wins in both the post season tourney and the Big Dance. When the season started I looked for them to go 13-5 or 12-6, didn't see the disasters with NW and Wisc. I'm just hoping they don't go 10-8 or worse yet 9-9!!!!

It's not a NIT year, it's just disappointing that they've botched a good thing. They're not a top 10 team, but they should be hanging in the 15-20 range and winning the games they are supposed to. This one was ugly, I caught the ending on the radio while ice fishing. Go on a little win streak here, including stealing the game in East Lansing, and we can invite everyone back on the bandwagon. All the March games look winnable. Even if they go .500 in the conference, they have the #1 nonconference RPI.

No bench productivity really hurts. Trevor came back to try and play back into the NBA draft...and this point he'll be lucky to go in the bottom half of the first round if at all.

Lucky to escape with a win today. Iowa had a lot of chances to put the game away late, but just couldn't do it. That was a huge shot by Austin Hollins. About time a gopher makes a clutch shot.

Offense still looks bad. Mbakwe, Williams, and Eliason have no busniess catching the ball 30ft from the basket when the shot clock is under 10, or anytime for that matter.

ah, was that the new and improved offense we saw? I see more motion in a senior citizens bingo game.

Lets see if they can prove me wrong, but I see Mich St beating them by 15-20 with no real threat by our rodents to win the game. Then they will talk about how great Mich St is and nobody can beat them at home. So that leaves them 5-5. Remember that Illinois game that we thought was impressive? Ill is what, 2-7 now in conference play?

I see a #7 seed in the Big Dance and a first round exit for this team. Then Tubby will blame Rodney and Trevor.

ah, was that the new and improved offense we saw? I see more motion in a senior citizens bingo game.

Lets see if they can prove me wrong, but I see Mich St beating them by 15-20 with no real threat by our rodents to win the game. Then they will talk about how great Mich St is and nobody can beat them at home. So that leaves them 5-5. Remember that Illinois game that we thought was impressive? Ill is what, 2-7 now in conference play?

I see a #7 seed in the Big Dance and a first round exit for this team. Then Tubby will blame Rodney and Trevor.

Pretty spot on analysis. Agree, especially about an impending loss and how disappointing Illinois has been. I LOL'd at the bingo reference.

Geez, I just hate to be Negative Nellie cuz I love Gopher hoops. It is just so frustrating to see a team that year after year plays below their potential, has players leave the program constantly, with the exception of an NIT run (does that even count???) has had no post season success, and has a coach who plays the blame game on everyone but takes no personal responsibility himself.

This is their year. We have had no injuries of note to date. No excuses Tubby, if you dont go deep into the B1G tourney and at LEAST a Sweet 16 berth in the Big Dance, you need to be fired.

Oh, and an armchair QB suggestion....give Wally a go. He sure isnt going to be worse that the other 2nd team stiffs you run out there.

Well they play tonight against another good team we will see how they play. Would really like to see them win and show that they can play with some of the better teams in the big ten.

Was anyone else frustrated in the first half when we played 5 backup players for about five minutes? We had no offensive talent on the floor in that stretch. No one tried to create anything and we just wasted the shot clock till we'd turn it over...

I never expected them to win this game, but decisions like that really make me question Tubby as a coach!

Was anyone else frustrated in the first half when we played 5 backup players for about five minutes? We had no offensive talent on the floor in that stretch. No one tried to create anything and we just wasted the shot clock till we'd turn it over...

I never expected them to win this game, but decisions like that really make me question Tubby as a coach!

I was yelling at my tv. It was our chance to take a lead, Mich. State wasn't doing anything on offense all half. You take that line up of Ahamisi, Osienieks, Walker, Ellenson, and Ingram who did he expect to score? It was just like conceding any points they may have scored for that 5 minutes.

Look at the season as a whole. Any year if you told me we would split a series with Izzo I'd take it. Lots of b-ball left as long as we don't lose out we got an invite and a middle seed. The big 10 is so solid except for penn state and Nebraska. This is great conditioning for the dance.

Went to open gym, figured it was an "L" coming. What did I miss that generates the 'fire tubby'?

Just absolutely no chances on the offensive end. Our half court offense is god awful, and he does nothing about it. We didn't use the press at all, and didn't look to run. We had plenty of opportunity as Michigan St. couldn't hit anything the first half. We should have been running on their misses. When your half court offense is that bad you gotta do something about it, but he just seems content to let things play out as they have all year. Then they interview him during breaks, and all he talks about is what they need to do better on the defensive end. I couldn't believe it, they held Mich. St. to 16 points in the 1st half, and all he had to say was we need to collapse on their perimeter shooters. How bout you work on the 18 points you put up on the offensive end.

That and the fact he was playing 5 scrubs for over 5 minutes in the 1st half.