• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Road to the final five

cbrooks

what happened?

I'm still trying to figure it out. This game will either be a wake up call and the boys will be ready next week or we will get bounced early.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Bryce

As a life long gopher fan, it is he same old sh!t. They cannot play with a physical team. They get hit while carrying the puck and fall down losing the puck and giviving up scoring chances. Pretty skaters are nice but you need to be strong and conditioned for the bouncing aroung you take. Poor coaching, they started flat, picked up their play and went flat.

From what I saw of the game. First two periods Gophers outplayed UND. Gophers were moving the puck well, more pyhsical than the Sioux. UND was lucky they were down by only 1 after the first. Sometime late in the second hak called a timeout. At that time Gophers were outshooting UND 23-7. Shortly there after UND grease a goal. They got two quick ones 30 seconds apart and the gophs just came apart. Strangest change of momentum. It went from being dominated to watching a team just hand it over or UND just fighting back depending on who your cheering for. At the end of the game shots on goal were pretty even. I got a feeling if UND wins tonight the Gophs and UND have a chance of being in the same region thats being held at the Xcel.

Same thing I saw Brooks, Gophs took it two them for two periods and then the wheels fell off. Crazy PWR shifts already, Gophs down to 11 and sioux up to 4. Good chance Sioux and Gophs end up in the same regional, I hope so I want another crack at you guys.

I have to be honest. I'm too up on the idea of playing the gophs a second time a week apart in the same building. From what i've seen from the gophers this year. They have alot of intensity in certain points of the game. there's a break in the action from a timeout or the refs reveiwing a goal and they lose there momentum. Lucia needs to find away to keep the pressure in check.

I was sitting right behind Dell in the first period right next to a Florida Panther scout. He was looking at Bujstad, Corbin Knight and some other guys he wouldn't say. It sounds like Corbin gonna get a offer after this year.

How can Lucia NOT take a timeout after the 3th goal? 4th goal? After that there was no point anyway, so I understand why he didn't call one after the 5th and 6th goals. Does he know timeouts don't carry over to the next game?

How the gophs have dropped so far in the pairwise is beyond me. ND goes from a team on the outside looking in to a #1 seed in a couple weeks..... Pairwise is worse then the BCS. I know the gophs havent been playing perfect hockey lately, but what happened to the entire body of work? I guess winning the WCHA regular season is meaningless. Im sure it will be ND and MN in the same region. The gophers better wake up or all the good things theyve done this year will be for nothing. What an epic choke job/collapse last night. But thats what our teams do here in MN! Either lose all season long and get injured in the process or choke like chickens in big games! Just another day in loserville! We'll see how mentally tough Lucia and the boys are after this, thats for sure

Denver and ND will be fun to watch tonight.... I wonder how high Denver can climb if they win?

Its just one game. NCAA is the real prize and they'll have home ice for regions. look at it this way they will get another day to rest up for regionals.

Brooks, where were all the sioux fans. I couldn't believe it. There were way more goph fans last night. They were pretty loud until the implosion. The gophs killed the first 35 mins. It wasn't even close. It coulda been 5 to 0 no problem after a couple off the pipe. Lucia has his team crawl into a shell for the 3rd and it as embarrassing. Paterson was no better then terrible, which lucia even mentioned.

Only 16,000 fans last night. Not even close to a sell out. Also, I didn't see anything stupid out of sioux fans. Well, I guess nothing dumber then usual. I assume tonight is when they start vandalyzing.

Go pioneers .

Dogs. Sioux and denver could all be 2 seeds. Gophs a 3.

]Brooks, where were all the sioux fans. I couldn't believe it. There were way more goph fans last night. They were pretty loud until the implosion. The gophs killed the first 35 mins. It wasn't even close. It coulda been 5 to 0 no problem after a couple off the pipe. Lucia has his team crawl into a shell for the 3rd and it as embarrassing. Paterson was no better then terrible, which lucia even mentioned.

Only 16,000 fans last night. Not even close to a sell out. Also, I didn't see anything stupid out of sioux fans. Well, I guess nothing dumber then usual. I assume tonight is when they start vandalyzing.

Go pioneers .

Dogs. Sioux and denver could all be 2 seeds. Gophs a 3.

ah man. pioneers really? come on!

i thought the crowd was 40/60 with the majority Gophers. It wasn't too lopsided in fan...i thought. Kind of wished I would have stayed for tonights game.

Is there a Gopher rooting for the Sioux tonight?

Can I cheer for a tie game? I can root for UMD and the other MN schools, I like CC too but something about Denver and the Sioux I just can't bring myself to do it. Eh I guess since Zucker is a Wild prospect they have small advantage.

How can Lucia NOT take a timeout after the 3th goal? 4th goal? After that there was no point anyway, so I understand why he didn't call one after the 5th and 6th goals. Does he know timeouts don't carry over to the next game?

I must have missed this one, no kidding how do you not call a TO there.

Well the Gophs put up a better fight then a tired and injured Denver. Lets let the chips fall where they may, I see the Gophs and UND in St Paul next weekend and UMD and DU getting shipped out to other regionals.

I'll say the chances of UND/Gopher rematch is really good. Gophers will be a #4 seed UND a #1. I wander when the NCAA does there bracketing tomorrow?

Actually brooks gophs are a #2 seed (8 overall), we probably get BU or Maine in the first game. The big question is who is the #1 in St. Paul, its going to either be UND or Michigan.

I thought they were rank 11. Thought I say it somewhere last night but...I was obviously wrong. It sounds like UND will likely go to St Paul but Green Bay is also possible. The selection show is on ESPNU at 11 our time.

Just saw 1/4 of the bracket. UMD got rocked this year (but had great setup last year). Must be the last #2 seed and would have been better off being the best #3 seed. NE regional in Worchester (with that crappy uber tight reffing). BC vs Air Force. UMD vs Maine.

Haven't seen the other ones yet. Fun listening to Melrose talk about the college game with virtually 0 minutes spent watching it this year smile

UMD out east agaist Maine, Michigan in GB, pretty much locks up UND in St Paul and a Gopher BU first round matchup.

East Regional is the dream setup this year. Union vs Michigan State. Miami vs Umass Lowell.

West in Saint Paul is North Dakota vs Western Michigan. BU vs Minnesota. Should be tough and fun to watch. Jealous of you guys being able to attend!

St Paul regional looks tough, WM just won the CCHA tournament and BU was #1 in the PWR not to long ago. I would love to see a UND UM rematch but there aren't any easy games any more, both teams could move on or get bounced in round 1.

Bu has had alot of off the ice troubles this year with the law. There play has been suffering from those troubles. i predict a Gopher/Sioux matchup.