• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MN High School Hockey

Bear55

What do you mean who woulda guessed it. I told you all on Tuesday that hill and lakevile would win.

I graduated in 99

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• Bear55

• PierBridge

• fishing tech

Ok,I was 81 from Sibley. Not sure I know anyone from your teams.

Wild are 2-0, Probably cause no one is watching.

I went to roseville my senior year. Couldn't afford hill any more.

Koalska, was our most notable

Is it just me or does this BMS/Edina game look like they are playing at half speed after watching the Lakeville/DE game?

BTW - that was the first time I have seen Lakeville play this year. They have a lot of talented players on that team. Listening to the pregame hype you would think that it was going to be Kloos out there by himself. The kid is fast though eh?

Very true HockeyGuy, that Lakeville team was flat out fast!! What a great game that was!!

Scott, was Gordie Genz still coaching then? He had 2 boys that were older then me and 1 that was younger. All 3 were good players.

I was impressed with LV also.

This is what I can a weight gain weekend because I will be sitting on my a$$ for 3 days eating and watching hockey.

AA games are more entertaining so far, 1A games should be good tomorrow. Better match ups.

Gordie left in 94. So I missed him. He was my phy ed teacher for a year tho. He was a special guy.

I was just thinking the same thing. Lv and de looked way faster and flat out better.

Lakeville was just awesome the last 2 periods. That game coulda been 6 to 3. East was getting lucky to be in it.

Is is jus me or is coach rudolph a real sly looking fellow. Looks a little sleezy.

He has kind of a crooked smile, almost like he had a stroke. Did you hear his interview in between period when he said that this was the 1st year in a long time that they did not lose any players to jr's or the development team.

At the end of the game they were saying Edina/BSM was the game of the day. It was pretty boring for about 2 periods. I might be biased toward Lakeville South, but, the Lakeville/Duluth game was a lot more exciting.

Ya, but that last period made up for it! The underdog scoring in the last 24 secs to win the game? With the paralized Jack Jablonski watching from the stands? Awesome game and one I'll remember for a while!

I'm with some of you. I thought the edina game was a snooze. The south game was awesome. They even said the crowd was way louder. Should be good hockey today. Go pioneers.

I enjoyed all the games. Thought all the teams were really flying out there. I'm kinda wishing some of the consolation games were on TV today as there will be some good ones over there.

I've watched every game so far and IMO the best team has been Eagan, but they have one seriously weak link in that chain. Other than Eagan I would say the most impressive team was Lakeville. There is a lot of skill and speed on that team. I think they are motivated by all the pregame Kloos hype. If you listen to the media and Lou Nanne, you would think that Kloos is the only guy on the team! I totally agree with Bartman, some of those consolation games would be awesome to watch! Everyone of those teams will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulders.

when do they start today? i have other obligations today til 1 & after that i'm free. hopefully i dont miss anything!

Eagan vs Maple Grove - Winner Eagan

Breck vs STMA 11 AM on channel 45 Winner STMA

DUEAST vs Edina Noon - Winner DUEAST

THFRF vs HRMNTN 1 pm channel 45

Hill M vs Moorehead 6pm channel 45

Lakeville vs BSM 8 PM channel 45

Wow is all I can say, what a fun day of games. That has to be the first time and maybe the only time for many years we see all 4 seeded teams go down.

You can't not cheer for Moorhead against HM and I really like the way Lakeville was playing too. It would be a nice story if BSM won the whole thing but I might have to pull for Lakeville.

I am only wishng that the private schools all lose or move up a class where they belong.

I have watched the tourny for 43 years and its time the privates either move up or have thier own tourny.

Agreed. St. Thomas especially. #1 they have an enrollment of roughly 700, single A was initially written is schools with less than 500 for enrollment. #2, it's an all male school so effectively they have a similar number of athletes as a school with an enrollment of 1400; which is pretty typical enrollment for a AA team. #3, they are private so they recruit good athletes (as opposed to playing with the cards they are dealt).

No crying in Hockey guys!

Quote:
I think we are seeing one heck of a tournament right now!!

Ya Think!

Just to nitpick a little the Eagan goalie allowed under 2 goals a game in arguably the best conference in the country. The alternative was a freshmen goalie that they RECRUITED from Lakeville North!

Sounds like I made a bad assumption about Sweet Lou. Heard a couple reports now that he was very impartial and kept his emotions very professionally in check. Can't imagine I'm the only one to be surprised to hear that after not listening to the game. What's the line on him making two more days without talking about the best teams not being able to play for the title? I'm all in saying he snivels at some point.

Bryce,

Lou was very fair and actually I think he didnt give some credit when his grand kids did some thing good. He would actually just say nothing,which made for an awkward silence. The one got called for boarding which I thought was a joke. However there was not a negative peep out of Lou.

Towards the middle of the second period of the DE/South game you could tell Lou was thinking that South was the better team on the ice. He was complimenting South pretty much the entire games. i bet 10 times we said how much he liked their Defense and their #6.

So far it has been another great call by Lou.

He will mention the highest ranked team not being present, but from what I saw the better team won every game. That seemed to be Lous thought too.

Lou is the man, Im just glad he doesnt sink down to that class A stuff.

Wow Moorhead's goalie is really keeping them in the game going into the third. HM had a couple real good chances at the end of the second. What a great game!

The way HM is playing right now, i dont see them losing no matter who they play... they just look faster and more skilled then any other team at the moment