• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How many wins?

mrklean

You could pretty much throw Carrol in that category now the way he has been hitting. Rick Anderson, and Joe Vavra don't do $hit. All of our starting pitchers have/had great upsides at a young age, but yet none of them ever improve. Seems like all Rick Anderson ever says is stay comfortable out there and throw strikes. How bout working on physical stuff to help them improve. Same with Vavra. We have guys that go in slumps for months. Then they go to a new team and all of sudden are pounding the ball. And if you watch them closely or follow them it is always because of a new stance or a new thing they are doing with the coaches to get their timing down. Seems like Anderson and Vavra are just around for the rid.e

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• B. Amish

• Musky Buck

• mrklean

The twins have an excellent philosophy- Tell strike out pitchers to put the ball in play and tell power hitters to go for singles instead of home runs....

The fact that the cheap a$$ pohlads dropped the payroll 15 mil after a NINETY NINE loss season is a comedy act. They should be ripped relentlesly for it, especially 2 years after opening a brand new public funded money pit to play in. The small market excuse is beyond old...

Anyone looked at the upcoming schedule? I think they win no more then 5 games in april- its gross. I say boycot target field until the money hoarding pohlads either sell the team or pony up and at LEAST TRY to sign a player or two that will actually HELP the team instead of washed up retreads who never ever make a difference.

LETS GET IT DONE THIS YEAR BOYS! 100 LOSES! RUN FOR ONE HUN!

I realize its early and it the cliched marathon not sprint- but this team is bad, theres no way around it

Same dump, different year. Sick of hearing Gardy say he's gonna talk to Joe and see how he feels. Sick of Baby Baker and all his ailments. Sick of Liriano's potential. These guys just need to nut up and play ball and quit worrying about injuries. Went to six games last year, the way it's looking I'll save my money this year.

After this weekend I'd like to revise my projection. The run for 1 hun is on. Bad pitching + bad hitting = long summer.

After this weekend I'd like to revise my projection. The run for 1 hun is on. Bad pitching + bad hitting = long summer.

You forgot no defense.... Yuck

Twins next 16 games:

vs The Angels (3)

vs Texas (3)

at Yankees (4)

at Tampa (3)

vs. Boston (3)

What do you think their record will be after this?? I am going with 4-15

Also, on a side note: if you take away Morneau, Willingham, and Span, the rest of the team is batting a sultry .082 (5 for 61). That includes the millionaire Minnesota Jesus

They could lose 162 games a year for a decade and I'll still go to a good 5-10 games a year.

Not by a long shot am I a baseball statistition, or a game expert, but I do watch and follow and going back over the years since the Gardenhire crew came in, we have changed alot of players.

It seems to me that they come in here with talents and before long, those talents are eroded? When they leave here, the talents come back to them, or are enhanced? Pitchers and hitters both. I guess one of the standouts would be David Ortiz, but there are alot of em! They are saying that Delmon Young is expected to do really well this year. Jamie Caroll didn't look bad, JJ Hardy looked pretty good, Loush, Garza, Knobloch, Mincavich (Sp), just a few names that pop into my head, but it goes back for years? Why do they fall off when they come here and charge when they go to another team? Even Mauer was getting homers when he started, now only occassionally.

In my opinion, it has to be the coaching? Not only the head coach, but the pitching and hitting coaches also? To my knowledge, we've had the same ones for a long time and the results are always the same. Why not get some new blood and shake things up? We surely couldn't do any worse then last year?

My son was telling me that Bill Smith did the same thing to the Twins as Matt Millen did to Detroit and it took them a lot of years to recover from it....what that is, I'm not sure, but it seems we've waited enough years, lets try something different?

i think it's the other way around. more guys have had their best years here than after they left.

mientkeiwicz was only good when he was here. knoblauch's best years were here.

for every david ortiz, garza, or kyle lohse that got better after they left... the twins have about 5 guys like lew ford, jason pridie, denny hocking, brian buchanan, christian guzman, or luis rivas that were fair to garbage after they left. but, somehow the twins made them into serviceable big leaguers while they were here.

Twins next 16 games:

vs The Angels (3)

vs Texas (3)

at Yankees (4)

at Tampa (3)

vs. Boston (3)

What do you think their record will be after this?? I am going with 4-15

Also, on a side note: if you take away Morneau, Willingham, and Span, the rest of the team is batting a sultry .082 (5 for 61). That includes the millionaire Minnesota Jesus

I may be wrong, but I dont see 4 wins there!

It will be interesting to see what Cuddyer and Kubel do with their new teams.

I'll still watch as many as I can, until I can't take it then I'll watch the 100th rerun of Wild Russia!

I usually look forward to the Twins starting out the season every year and watch a good majority of their games when I can. I have never been LESS excited about a team...any team...in any sport...than I am about the Twins this year.

I'm sick of the so called "Twins" way and want to see some guys bang the ball around the park.

One hundred plus loss season...and Gardy and his whole wussy filled staff gone. That's my prediction.

Not looking good, cuddy will have a great in Colorado thin air small park I think offensive numbers its a wash with willingham but defense cuddy hands down much better

Yep, I am redoing my almost .500 ball and going with ........... 61-101 and the whole staff along with some high players all gone.

I said 70-92, would like to change it to 52-110 frown. Still early though, just hope they can win 50-60 this year smirk

Yeah I might have to rethink my prediction as well. Right now I'm going with 0-162.

I was at the game today and for the most part the pitching actually looked decent. On the other hand the defense behind them was pretty bad. The mental mistakes and breakdown in fundamentals made it hard to watch.

Could be a long, long season. And the worst part is there is no help on the horizon coming from the minors. Any reasonable prospect is still a ways out yet.

I just don't get what the Twins are trying to do. Why pay guys like Mauer and Morneau when you aren't serious about fielding a team around them? You could have let both of them walk, paid 2 warm bodies $1 million a year and still come up with the same results we've been seeing.

If we are on pace for another 99 loss season the trading deadline could be interesting this year. Would they be willing to trade a guy like Morneau to a team looking to upgrade their DH? Not sure who else would have any value in a trade other than Mauer and I just don't see them trading Mauer.

Really?

I know one thing we sure could use Cuddles .417 average right now!

His replacement is the only guy that doing anything for us now

so we got rid of one left fielder who could hit but couldn't field and replaced him with another left fielder who can hit but can't field.

Good luck attracting hitters to come here, like most said yes it's fun to play at target field, but I wouldn't want 1/2 my at bats to come here. We're like a Seattle or NYMet's, the hitters have to hit it twice to get it out of the park. Would love to see all the jacks hit at target field hit the same in the dome and see where they land. How many wins really is irrelevant as Detroit for the near future will always have more than us. I'm curious what our crowds will look like in September. Will Gardy survive ? So here we are with M and M and they should be in their prime hay day time and we have not much built around them and only a few of their swings in 4 games look like the confident in your prime swings, kinda scary.

It's early right ? Or is the reality of the Twins exposed already ? Cuddy and Kubel knew, even if they stayed it wouldn't be enough, when they were putting together career years it took game 163 and help to get in, now no Twin that had metrodome experience can put up career numbers like those at Target. Meanwhile awaiting players are looking to tatoo their first blast at Target off one of our soft throwers. How's the alka-seltzer Gardy ?

The twins organization needs to be revamped from the ground up

whoever scouted nishioka should be fired

It all comes down to the pohlads. Theyre not willing to pay to supliment the talent on the team. They are content to just make as much money as they can and dont care about winning. Dropping the payroll 15 mil after a 99 loss season and 2 years removed from opening a money pit of a stadium makes me wanna vomit. Those guys have as much money as any owner available for their disposal but they wont spend it. They have to come out on top every year. I got news for you pohlads- you cant take it with ya...

I hope by the end of this season that you cant even give away a twins ticket because thats what those money hoarders deserve.

It was clear this team was gonna suck well before the season started, these are the same worthless pitchers we've seen for years.

The teams that spend are the teams that win in baseball, period. Its no secret.

Angels singed pujols and cj wilson and their team will be way better for it.

Tampa Bay is really the only exception right now, but thats because they had so many top 3 picks it was stupid, and they hit on them. spending money doesnt gurantee winning by any means, but it sure as hell gives you a lot better chance then signing the Jamey Carrols and Joel Zumayas of the world

Im gonna go out on a limb and say until the pohlads either sell the team or change their penny pinching ways, the twins will NEVER win another world series

Tampa is what the twins use to be horrible got tons of picks did well and traded now i dont think they know what to do try and develope or sign free agents so they arent doing either farm system stinks worse then the yanks farm system and they sign washed up players

I'm also thinking I need to revise my 72 number down to 65. Sad state of affairs going on.

I'll still bundle up to go again tonight but this may be my last game until we see 75 degrees and sunshine.

My only hope right now is they don't break this record:

The 1988 Baltimore Orioles who lost the first 21 games of the season. They lost 7 games to the Indians, 6 to the Royals, 5 to the Brewers, and 3 to the Twins. Their first win came on April 29 against the Chicago White Sox.

They didn't lose a game, but they fell to last place alone instead of a tie. A half game away from second to last place. Shameful.

Instead of showing them 4 games back in the division, they need to start talking about how many games back before they move out of last place.

As a team they have a .165 batting average.

Excluding Willingham, Mornoe, and Span they have .087 batting average.

Yes, that includs Mauer.

I'm not batting expert but Carroll's swing is atrocious. He chops at the ball, even in practice swings. It's ugly as sin. Good luck hitting anything with that swing.