• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

10th Annual Burntside Bash March 3, 2012

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Stark

• Jim Almquist

• BD110

• PiedmontAngler

Can't tell ya how much I missed coming up this year, I just got to much on the plate with 7 hunting shows in 6 states I got my hands full just making inventory and keeping up with the travel. I was looking for a little revenge on the beast that got away last year. Glad to see all your smiling faces and some fish caught. I'm trying to get into the big Blueberry fest in July, if I get in I'll make a whole week of it.

IMAG0724.jpg

Tom's 1st catch.

IMAG0727.jpg

Vic's Laker

IMG950526.jpg

That Otter thermal was cookin with the Big Buddy heater. Pilot light was about enough to keep it warm.

2012 Bashers

IMAG0728.jpg

IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0731.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

Quote:
We're back to what the Bash first started as.

Those that made it to the Bash, Are The Bash.

Thanks You All.

Well said Frank. Couldn't believe the pic of Jr. Holy cow - last time we were sitting at the Lodge campsite on Basswood he came up to my waist. Now I'm sure he could kick my butt smile

Its been years since I've been able to come up, but sure enjoy the pics. My Burntside adventures have been limited to a week in Sept (not that I'm complaining, its a mighty fine time to be on Burntside).

Looks to be a bit smaller group with some very nice trout iced. Any trip I take needs to have the 4 Fs - Fishing, Food, Friendship and Fun. Looks like you guys accomplished that. Well done!

Looks to be a bit smaller group with some very nice trout iced. Any trip I take needs to have the 4 Fs - Fishing, Food, Friendship and Fun. Looks like you guys accomplished that. Well done!

Exactly that. It's just a good time to get together and chat face to face with others who share the love of a sport that can't be explained to others. If it was just the fish catching that gets me to show up at the Bash I'd never show up again since I have yet to ice a fish on Bash day. confused

I wish we weren't so tired on Saturday night that we could have stayed out and laughed longer but we were a little short on sleep. We did finally put together an 8 fish weekend for the two of us since Sunday was a better producer. Alls well that ends well and I hope to see everyone next year if not sooner.

We're back to what the Bash first started as.

Those that made it to the Bash, Are The Bash.

I had to work. Maybe I can get a little extra credit from teacher for being at the first nine bashes.

Thanks for posting the pics, folks. Nice to see all that fun being had. smile

Steve Foss...

I thought you were at the bash!! Oh never mind that must have been Mike Stark... grinwink What the heck do I know I'm just glad to have made it out fishing.

My wife Gina and I attended our first BSB this year. It was a great time!

We headed up with brother Jim and his wife Lisa and met up with chaffmj on the lake. It was a pleasure to meet each of you that were there.

A special Thank You to chaffmj as he gave us one of the lakers he caught on friday. And his pork loin was outstanding!

Maybe my wife and I can catch one ourselves next year!!

This was our 1st Bash and we were extremely happy with meeting all you other Bashers. Thanks to you Frank for the helpful tips. Since my wife caught our only fish and I'm stuck in the city for 2 weeks, I can't wait to get back. I agree with Lisa, that was very cool seeing a Marcum and Humminbird using the same hole. I wish we didn't have to leave early. oh well, thats grandkids. All those fish pics from everyone has me wound up and I need to cure that. It shows me the kind of fish that are out there. With our cabin up there, it gives us another fabulous option of things to do up there. Thanks again for the great friendly atmosphere and we'll see you all again. full-40867-18414-005.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people at the Bash. The food and the company was very good. I had a lot of fun even if I didn't catch anything. I got to learn some things about the lake and some different tactics to try. Hope to see you all next year.

Jim

I had a great time at the Bash. It was nice to see the regulars (BD110, Vic, Frank, Frank Jr, Tracy, Tracy's buddy and the other Mike) especially since I missed last years.

Jim, Lisa, Mark and Gina a fellow couldn't ask for better company when out fishing or out to dinner or having lunch on the lake. Thanks for doing the grilling when we were out fishing Jim!

The other Jim, Norm, Zona, Dan and anybody else I met it was good to meet you. Hope to see you next year.

Tracy I'm in the same boat as you, I have never caught a fish on Bash day. The day before and some years the day after but never on the day. We will have to blow that away next year. Sounds like you more than made up for it on Sunday.

Steve I was sorry I didn't get to see you but every time I go out on Burntside I think of you and Chunky Trout and I want to shoot the both of you for giving me laker addiction. grin

My last comment didn't come from me but from my wife Jodi who didn't fish (Thank God) but did go out to dinner Friday and came to the BBQ on Saturday, "What a nice bunch of people, no really what a nice bunch of people"

PS Who is this Mike Stark character? smile

Anyone bust the floor out of a perm this year? Year 1 rules! By the way it was Poutslayer that took down chunky's house that year not me. wink

Anyone bust the floor out of a perm this year? Year 1 rules! By the way it was Poutslayer that took down chunky's house that year not me. wink

That house now sits in my back yard and is Lisa's garden shed. We tipped it up and sistered in another floor joist to repair the one Northlander broke. Hehehehehe gringrin

Year one was a good year, and every time I see that house in the back yard with its old Fishing Minnesota sticker on it, I go back in time to the seminal Bash. smile

Ice is still at about 18-26 inches, slush is starting to appear in spots. Saw a few trucks on the lake today but wouldn't recommend it any more, especially as late as next Friday with the temps being high.

ATV or snowmobile from now on unless some very cold weather moves in.