• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

There's only 2 options at this point.

Keep the pick and draft Kalil or trade the pick.

You can't just go find a franchise LT, no teams let them go therefor you have to draft them.

I'll never understand why teams let their O-lines get so bad, if I was building a team that's what I'd want the most.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

Nothing makes winning look easy like a solid O-Line, just ask the Cowboys of the 90s dynasty.

49'ers have built one of the best O-Lines in the league thru the draft...almost all 1st rounders...almost.

Vikings center and left guard need to be replaced badly...left guard should be one of the 3rd round picks in this years draft. I wouldn't complain if they took one in the second if one of the top guys slipped a little..

I wouldn't complain if they took one in the second if one of the top guys slipped a little..

I agree. They need to pick a guard in rd 2 or 3!

I still cant stop thinking about if Watkins fell to the Vikings. Even though it isnt really a team need, just the thought of having two young stud WR on the team. It ought to make any QB look good. Not to mention having AP in the back field, and an OC that can design plays. I am sure he wouldnt drop that far to us anyhow, and I highly doubt we draft him, but it would make for a scary dual of young WR for many years into our future.

watkins will be long gone by our pick at 8....at #2 is my guess...lets hope detroit doesnt trade up..if he does go to them we better draft d first two picks for sure...gilbert (db) in 1 and shazier(lb) in 2...

unless bridgewater falls...i like him better than bortles..better athlete and qb right now..

Quote:

Appearing on CBS Sports' 920 The Morning After show Monday, Jason La Canfora stated "people in the league" believe the Rams and Vikings have discussed a Sam Bradford trade.

"There are people in the league who believe there have been discussions with the Vikings," said La Canfora, who in mid-April penned a column hypothetically suggesting Bradford could be traded. "Rams people have denied any conversations whatsoever," La Canfora allowed, making it clear St. Louis would only entertain the Bradford-trade idea if they drafted a quarterback. Perhaps the biggest obstacle in the way of a Bradford deal is his contract. Arguably the most overpaid player in football today, Bradford is owed a $14.015 million salary. His deal would almost certainly have to be restructured for a trade to be worked out.

The Rams have flatly denied that rumor, but you have to wonder where it started...

I wouldnt mind the Bradford. He is much better then what we have had the past decade or 3.

Not worth the price tag or time to see if he is "it". We don't need to play roulette at QB. Play Cassell, draft a QB in the 3rd and move along.

Agree on Bradford. May as well go with cassell. Not sure at this point there are any sure thing qbs in this draft. Def don't want to see them reach for one in 1st round unless bortles is there and even then could see them trading the pick for more.

i just have this feeling that zimmer is going to rebuild the defense first. the qbs are all overhyped...donald is a monster we havent seen here since pat...dallas is vulnerable here cause they have no d line...a trade down, we take lb and db and safety...and we keep donald out of chicago....wildcard is if one of the 3 qbs fall into 2nd round which may happen..

Swing down, swing up...lakefront influence...and out.

The Calcutta clipper will definitely affect the vikes while they play at TCF.

Maybe we should hire Denny as a weather advisor for the next 2 years?

I think there will be several big trades and I would be surprised if the Vikings aren't involved.

Finally it's the big day. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Ideal scenario - Vikes trade back to somewhere between 10-15, draft Gilbert, Dennard, or Mosley... than trade back up in late 1st round to get Garoppolo or Carr.

I agree with Fish Head in terms of the first part of RD 1. I hope we don't trade back up into RD 1 for those two QBs, I think they'll be there if we stay put.

I think the WR out of FSU, Kelvin Benjamin, is going to be really good. He has bounced around late RD 1 and early-mid RD 2 in most Mock Drafts. But the times I watched FSU play he was a star and made Winston look really good. I know WR isn't a pressing need for us, but two or three years from now I think he will be one of the best players from this year's draft.

Either way, things should get interesting tonight!

I also think they'll trade down to the "teens" somewhere and go defense with either a CB,S,Mosely or Barr.

I hope they DO NOT trade back into the 1st for a QB. Use those extra 2nd and 3rd rounders we'll pick up to build our LB core...we could absolutely clean house in those two rounds with top end talent.

I'd still take JF at #8 if he's there!!

2 players for the Vikes tonight....Wooooooooooooo LETS GO!!!!!!

I would be all for that scenario.

- I think we are for sure taking Bortles if he is there at 8. I would just puke if we trade up for anyone. QB is most likely.

- Clowney, Mack, Watkins will be top 3 of 4.

- Rams most likely to trade possibly with Atlanta, Buffalo, Vikings, Lions in that order.

- We could possibly trade 8 to Cowboys if Johnny is still on the board, but I think he will be gone to Clev or Jacksonville, then still try to get Bortles at 16.

- Dont expect any QBs to be taken between Vikings and Cardinals (8-20), unless Johnny falls to the Cowgurls, or if one of the top teams trades down.

Either way I am excited. Just dont want to trade up, dont want a WR, dont think there is a LB worth taking at 8, and dont want another worthless CB.

I think they should sit pat, and take whoever is the best available at #8. There are only about 10 difference makers in this draft. If they can get one of them, it will improve the team. Rather then a couple mediocre starters.

That could be anyone from QB, OL, DL, CB, LB, or even WR. If Watkins is the best player available at 8, take him! Having another young stud WR on our team would make for some exciting offense, and a happy QB. A good team needs some big play makers, we need big play makers.

I think there is no chance we take a QB at #8.

We will pick defence or trade down.

At this point I don't know who I want.

Just pick a guy that will be a stud at his position.

I was all over Patterson last year, Gilbet is the guy this year that I like, lots. Id be up for trading down and grabbing him at 16 with a cowboys trade up for manziel, add another 2nd rounder and thats a steal

If Watkins is the best player available at 8, take him! Having another young stud WR on our team would make for some exciting offense, and a happy QB. A good team needs some big play makers, we need big play makers.

The Queens have always had pretty good receivers. Harvin, Moss, Carter, Carter, Jake Reed, Rashad. What we have NEVER had since I have been alive is the IT guy at QB.

You can have all the receivers in the world, but when you dont have a guy to throw them the ball or to block they are pointless. Plus, I remember way too many guys taken high as receivers that really blow. Just ask Pierbridge about Justin Blackmon. Ponder proved last year that a bunch of weapons are useless without a QB to get them the ball.

I was all over Patterson last year, Gilbet is the guy this year that I like, lots. Id be up for trading down and grabbing him at 16 with a cowboys trade up for manziel, add another 2nd rounder and thats a steal

Gilbert might be better at pass defense, but I tink Dennard is a better all-around guy. Dennard isnt afraid to tackle or mix it up in the run.