• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

Watchfootball much?

It appears your knowledge of football is equal to your knowledge of politics.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

Erin Henderson with a little more speed. Erin is so desperarate to get back in the league he would've signed for 5% of this clowns contract. Not at the draft? Horrible pick.

Johnny Football going to stomp out of the room soon.

Get used to it, Viking fan:

vikings-superbowl-trophy-case1.jpg

Just a pathetic pick.

Could have traded back quite a ways and picked up the same one-who-thinks-I-am-silly.

They should stop construction of the new stadium.

What a joke.

The vikings have zero clue when drafting players.

Just garbage.

Wasn't the a "great football mind" : around here a few months ago that insisted the championship would come thru a linebacker. frown

Terrible pick. Coulda traded significantly farther back and still had him

that was a wasted pick...........they could have had him in the 2nd.

that was a wasted pick...........they could have had him in the 2nd.

Seems to be what the vikes like to do.

I think the guy they wanted got picked up by Cleveland via the trade. Bravo for them for playing us. Not thrilled but don't hate it either.

LMIT is imploding. I don't mind the player Barr, I just don't know why anybody12-18 wouldn't trade up. Would've been there or Mosley if LB was our choice all along.

What a flipping joke. I am now a Packers fan.

Been hearing/reading that a lot since MN fumbled their pick.

In my mind, if people are that close to being a packer fan then, we don't need you!.

From ESPN

Quote:
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The pick: After trading down one spot with the Cleveland Browns for the second time in three years, the Minnesota Vikings filled one of their biggest holes on defense by selecting UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr with the ninth overall pick.

My take: The Vikings needed an impact linebacker, and Barr certainly has the potential to fill that role. He's certainly raw (he only played 27 games at linebacker in college), and will need work to turn into the kind of disruptive force the Vikings are hoping to get at the position. But it's tough to argue with his physique -- he's 6-foot-4, and ran a 4.44 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine. His 15 repetitions in the bench press at the combine were the worst among linebackers, but he'll get stronger as he enters the league. It was important for the Vikings to get speed and athleticism in their linebacking group, and they've got it now.

Trading with Browns again: The Vikings acquired the 145th overall pick in the draft to move back one spot, trading with the Browns two years after they slipped back from No. 3 to No. 4 and took Matt Kalil. This time, the Browns moved up to get Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert after trading from No. 4 to No. 9. The Vikings now have nine picks in the draft; Spielman usually likes to have 10, but he's got extra flexibility now if he wants to make a move back up.

What's next: The Vikings have three picks on the second day of the draft -- Nos. 40, 72 and 96. They've traded back into the first round the last two years, though, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Rick Spielman make a deal later on Thursday night.

I also kinda wanted Manziel. But oh-well. I'm not band wagon like some around here. I do hope the Fanbase will begin to hold our teams accountable and end this cycle of "Minnesota mediocrity", which begins with the Wild.

Ill say it, so Lmit can rip it - GO VIKES!

Browns are going to end up getting him with their 3rd pick in the first round haha!!

I also believe that NFL GM's know more about football than anybody here. Even the bad ones.

GO VIKES!!! F### the PACK!

I do hope the Fanbase will begin to hold our teams accountable and end this cycle of "Minnesota mediocrity",

Begin to hold our teams accountable?

A little late for that. Pick #9 is in the books and can't be taken back.

He'd still be on the draft board too if not for the Vikings reaching.

JF is going to lay a big hurt on all the teams who passed on him like Moss. Lol