• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

They could still get DeCastro at 10 and he is the best OL in the draft and would fix a bigger need than LT.

Wait a minute, I thought we could move to #10 and still get Kalil?

I think the Vikings stand pat and take the draft picks, they can take Kahil with the #3 pick, move Johnon to gaurd, then in the second round, take Dre Kirkpatrick, or Janoris Jenkins, and that would shore up 3 huge holes in the first 2 rounds, with very good options.

Hope they put a 'smoking' section in the new stadium if they take Jenkins and the signing of Simpson... laugh

I'm thinking the Lions take Jenkins...

Good Luck!

Ken

I know many like to joke around about players that smoke pot. I dont do drugs, but I think as long as they arent on the job (off season) and they arent performance enhancing drugs, smoke up! Now if they do it during the season, then I think it should be penalized by the team, not the league. Since smoking pot isnt going to make the player play better.

And since technically it isnt illegal to smoke it, or be high, they arent breaking any laws. It is just illegal to possess it. But if they get busted with possessing it, or selling it, then it is against the law, then not only should the law penalize them, but the league should as well.

And since technically it isnt illegal to smoke it, or be high, they arent breaking any laws. It is just illegal to possess it. But if they get busted with possessing it, or selling it, then it is against the law, then not only should the law penalize them, but the league should as well.

Interesting thoughts. My 2c. It is hard to be smoking it and not possess it for one. Second, it is illegal to be high, it is called 'being under the influence of an illegal or controlled substance,' but they need to prove it.

Smoke away in the confinds of your home and don't get busted. And don't ship 2.5 lbs to your house via the mail when you make millions and could just pay someone to drive it home for you.

Ya I may be wrong, I dont really pay to close attention to the drug laws. I just thought that was what I heard at one time. Either way, if it is in the offseason, who cares, if it is during the season, I think the team should be punishing them, not the league.

so, prediction time?

I think the Vikes have a hard time trading down, and end up deciding between Claiborne and Kalil

Gladly in a couple of hours the issue is moot then everybody can start to complain about the pick or picks.

Here's my prediction. Whoever they take with their first, wherever that winds up, the Vikes will say "He was the highest rated player on our board." Whoever they take in round 2 they'll say, "We gave him a mid-1st round grade." etc. etc.

But honestly, I don't think they'll be able to move down and will go Kalil round 1, a WR (either Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffery if either is available) and then I think Janoris Jenkins has enough questions about his character where he will fall to us in Rd 3.

Kalil isn't necessarily an exciting or sexy pick, but he's like taking a vitamin, you know it's good for you and you should do it.

I've been flipping back and forth. I want out to be kalil. Yesterday I was thinking claiborne but in the end I think it's kalil. I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump back into the end of the first round either if someone like Kirkpatrick is still on the board about pick 28.

I hope they take Kalil, I'm with getanet, I do get sick of the "we had him the highest rated" like they said in the mid 90s when they took the one DT instead of Warren Sapp, which scared them off because he too didn't fear the reefer

I've been flipping back and forth. I want out to be kalil. Yesterday I was thinking claiborne but in the end I think it's kalil. I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump back into the end of the first round either if someone like Kirkpatrick is still on the board about pick 28.

If they take Kalil at 3, they should trade back into the first to get a stud like Kirkpatrick or M. Floyd. Although i dont know if we have enough to trade to get high enough for Floyd. I like your thinking here James- its going to be an interesting night

Vikings trade back to #4 with Cleveland...

My bet is to TB at #5. Still get Kahlil...who they SHOULD take.

It'll be very interesting watching the end of the 1st round as well. Vikes, as we all know, have a high 2nd rounder and I'm hoping Harrison Smith sqeaks by to us in the 2nd.

I just saw that...guess my prediction went out the door.

No harm done...like the extra picks!!

It's a good start.

Have to wonder if they were playing the Bucs and Browns against each other and Cleveland was the high bidder.

Surprised that they moved so easily... guess it gives them more chances to hit a gem late in the draft

Good move for both teams I guess, if Cleveland is really that set on Richardson

Gives them more ammo to move from #35 back into the first round if there is someone there they are targeting.....

Wonder if the pats will try and move out of either pick 27 or 31.....

And with the second pick (and the player the Vikings should have had) the Washington Redskins take RGIII. Thanks for playing to the final whistle, Minnesota!

Vikes will take either Claiborn, or trade the 4 pick.

I never was good at picking during the draft. I like the pick though. Hopefully we address secondary in the following rounds though.

Matt Kalil it is. Good pick, but I really think that most of us knew it was going to be him. They still got their guy, plus picked up 3 more picks. Not too bad.

And with the second pick (and the player the Vikings should have had) the Washington Redskins take RGIII. Thanks for playing to the final whistle, Minnesota!

Lol wow

Great draft so far lol.

We made Cleveland think we had all kinds of deals brewing so they'd give us something and we knew they wouldn't take our guy.

Got some extra ammo to make any moves later in the draft.

Gotta like getting a free 4th, 5th and 7th and still walk away with your guy.

Vikes traded the 35th pick and a 4th rd pick for the 29th pick and got safety Harrison Smith outta ND