• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

I know we have a bunch of needs, but best player available thats all you hear leading up to the draft. I don't quite get this vikings staff everyone knows Peterson has acl inj. So why didn't the vikings smoke screen more with taking Trent Richardson? first even if we had to keep him you put him in backfield with AP, how are defenses going to key on one of them. Opens up passing game with the two of them back there. Second great smokescreen, guarantee some one would offer us more and better picks to trade up. If there is a trade up it will be for Richardson, not Tannehill or Claiborne. Ink it.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

My bet? If Ltl Ricky can't trade out of #3, he takes Claibourne over Kalil. I don't agree with that, but been my take for the past couple of weeks and I'm going to stick with it. Fits the Vikings draft M.O.

No way they take Blackmon...

Good Luck!

Ken

My bet? If Ltl Ricky can't trade out of #3, he takes Claibourne over Kalil. I don't agree with that, but been my take for the past couple of weeks and I'm going to stick with it. Fits the Vikings draft M.O.

No way they take Blackmon...

Good Luck!

Ken

I could see them taking Claibourn, and I would be ok with that as well. But Kalil is the better player, and I think the smartest choice.

I 90% of the people in the 'know' would say take Kalil, he's a no brainer. But I haave a feeling ltl Ricky is going to try to be cute and he will take Claibourne. He's saying they need a guy like him to compete in the NFC north... I think it's a mistake.

Good Luck!

Ken

Vikes have so many needs I would like to see them trade back if possible. Best case is to drop back to 5 and still get Kahlil but I'd be okay with Claiborne at 5 as well. Richardson will go at #3 or 4, so Vikes should get one of those 2. If they can't trade out I'd be happy with Kahlil.

Still this team has so many needs that trading back and getting picks would be great. If they could get any kind of deal like what Atlanta gave up to Cleveland last year I'd be all for it. But then you have to make some good picks as well. Anyone remember who went after Dimitrius Underwood? Played the same position and had 78.5 more sacks than Underwood.

That was probably more of a Denny call but you have to hit on your picks!! First rounders are NOT extra picks to be thrown away.

I've said for months I was hoping Kalil and that hasnt changed, but I also believe now it's going to be Claiborne.

A report that the Bills want to possibly trade up for Kalil with their second rd pick as compensation. Hmmmm.

Three to ten with an extra second round pick.

Not bad for the queens, still can get their DB and get a good extra value pick with the extra second rounder. Hitting round 2-4 is what makes a team.

Does anyone know what the outlook is for OL in the draft next year? Any that stand out with Kalil-like quality?

My question is if they dont take Kalil what is the plan for the line for this year?? The line was awful last year and what they have in place now is much worse yet. It's not like you can take a lineman in the fourth round and plan on him being a starter.

Does anyone know what the outlook is for OL in the draft next year? Any that stand out with Kalil-like quality?

The other tackle from Staford is coming out this year. They say if he would have stayed in school he would be a top ten. Now he is bottom of the first. Sure there has to be a one or so.

A report that the Bills want to possibly trade up for Kalil with their second rd pick as compensation. Hmmmm.

Spielman would be foolish to even consider this one. I wouldn't mind him going back to #10 and picking up Kuechly or Barron but the Bills would sure need to pony up WAY more than one 2nd rounder to do it.

It’s only a seven position swing they will get a 4th or 5th added to it as well. It’s not like Atlanta moving up from the middle to late 20's to the top ten.

Now selling Richardson to a mid-teen to twenties is were they could get their bang.

You are correct zep. According to the nfl draft trade chart the third pick is worth 2200 points. The tenth pick is 1300. Even adding the bills second and third round pick they are still light at 2000 points. According to the chart moving up from ten to three should cost the bills this years second and third and next years second or third as well.

Well, if they are coming up to #3 to take Kahlil...they better get each and every one of those picks James.

Everyone has said all spring long that there is a big difference between Kahlil and Rieff...this may prove that point. Rieff would be there for the Bills at 10 if they stayed put.

Unless you're looking at a different chart than I am or are using some new math, the Bills trade rumor would result in about a 500 pt deficit on the Vikings side. Not 2000.

"While the old draft trade chart is admittedly outdated, it’s at least worth a look here. Per the old chart, Buffalo’s Nos. 10 and 41 overall picks equate to 1,790 “points.” The third overall pick is worth 2,200 points, and No. 4′s value is 1,800 points. So the Bills could get just shy of the fourth pick based on the old points system."

Or look at it this way,see above. They need to some how get a mid-teen to twenties to trade up. Trading with a team at 10 or less will not net much more. 400 points in my math

Unless you're looking at a different chart than I am or are using some new math, the Bills trade rumor would result in about a 500 pt deficit on the Vikings side. Not 2000.

The tenth pick along with the bills second and third rounders add up to 2000 points leaving them 200 shy in that scenario.

"While the old draft trade chart is admittedly outdated, it’s at least worth a look here. Per the old chart, Buffalo’s Nos. 10 and 41 overall picks equate to 1,790 “points.” The third overall pick is worth 2,200 points, and No. 4′s value is 1,800 points. So the Bills could get just shy of the fourth pick based on the old points system."

Or look at it this way,see above. They need to some how get a mid-teen to twenties to trade up. Trading with a team at 10 or less will not net much more. 400 points in my math

What?

Trading down to #10 for an additional 2nd round would be dumb. Down to #5 or #6 sure because you still get one of the top 3 guys you like and a pick.

If we drop to #10 we better get a package deal.

As mentioned, the trade chart is outdated. I thought it was ridiculous a few years ago, and now with the new rookie salary structure it is even more so

My bad,i saw it being used on espn and nfl network when talking possible trades this year so I assumed it was still relevant. Chart or no chart, moving from three to ten for a second is horrible.

They could still get DeCastro at 10 and he is the best OL in the draft and would fix a bigger need than LT. He was absolutely dominant against the competition and the guard spot was much more of a weak spot than LT was. We would basically get the next Hutch of the league for the next decade plus more picks.

They could still get DeCastro at 10 and he is the best OL in the draft and would fix a bigger need than LT. He was absolutely dominant against the competition and the guard spot was much more of a weak spot than LT was. We would basically get the next Hutch of the league for the next decade plus more picks.

Drafting Kalil at LT allows Johnson to move to his natural spot at LG, fixing two problems with one move. Also, more than one highly regarded draft wonk has said that Kalil is not only the best OL in this draft, but the best they have ever evaluated.

I don't mind seeing the Vikes trade down if the right scenario presents itself, but I don't know why people aren't more excited about drafting Kalil when it is clearly a great opportunity.

I would be happy if the Vikes take Kalil at #3. Can't believe it has been since Mckinnie that the Vikes took an O-line in the first round. In 94 and 95 they took Stuessie and then Stringer which were probably a part of one of the best Viking O-lines ever.

I wouldn't mind them trading down to get other picks unless they feel there is such a big difference between the tackles.

Just hope they don't stay at 3 and take Claiborne. While I agree they need a CB as well they need to protect last years first round pick too!!

As mentioned, the trade chart is outdated. I thought it was ridiculous a few years ago,

Agree.

Bill Belichick laughs at people who use that chart.

there is a huge difference in dropping out of top 6 this year, value wise i would expect a first & second next year or at minimum this years and next years second for any given team. point system or not you also have to look at the quality of player you can get at those spots, there is a big difference between spots 5 & 10. if they switch with tampa @ 5, an additinoal second rounder is good, but dropping out of top 6 should warrant minimum 2 nd rounders if not more and thats still chancing u get your guy u wanted @ 3. trading with tampa b ok for their second rounder, anyone else should be next years 3rd, next years first & second & u have no idea where next years picks will be yet. If the team you trade with is exponentially better and make playoffs, that first round pick is automatically in bottom half of first round for next year. really hope spielman does not get too cute with this and try to sell just for the sake of numbers game. if ur trading out of elite game changing talent level, its gotta be a higher rounds

I think the Vikings stand pat and take the draft picks, they can take Kahil with the #3 pick, move Johnon to gaurd, then in the second round, take Dre Kirkpatrick, or Janoris Jenkins, and that would shore up 3 huge holes in the first 2 rounds, with very good options.