• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

The draft starts next thursday....yes they will be here....none of US know if WE will be however.

In baseball a good defense starts with solid to super up the middle.(ss,2b,cf) I really believe football is the same way. Immoveable tackles, fast hammering mlb, hammering safeties. You don't come into the middle without paying for it. I'm looking for our P.Williams, Urlacher, and Lynch. I think Kuechly or maybe Kendrick could be the mlb. Gotta find the safety.

The draft starts next thursday....yes they will be here....none of US know if WE will be however.

In baseball a good defense starts with solid to super up the middle.(ss,2b,cf) I really believe football is the same way. Immoveable tackles, fast hammering mlb, hammering safeties. You don't come into the middle without paying for it. I'm looking for our P.Williams, Urlacher, and Lynch. I think Kuechly or maybe Kendrick could be the mlb. Gotta find the safety.

Maybe in the old NFL..

With GB, Det and Chic in the Div and the new look pass happy NFL you need pass rushing De's, corners that can lock people down, WR's that can actually get open and stretch defenses and a QB that can get the ball out quickly and accurately. We got Jared Allen and thats about it...

Cant wait to see what Spielman has up his sleeve on thurs. Ought to be very interesting. After a FA period in which we've addressed absolutly nothing IMO, he better know what hes doing. I doubt Zigmundt will be putting up with another 3-13 season when hes desperatly trying to get a new stadium. I kind of feel sorry for Lesley F.... I dont think he has much of a chance with this bunch and he'll be the first scape goat, no doubt.

I basicly agree with all that, but I have also noticed that the better teams always seem to be stong in the middle. Maybe that is because the corners don't have to cover so much area, not sure.I do know that last year EVERYBODY made a lot of yardage in the middle on us. If we can slow that down, our pass rush has a better chance to get there.

Frazier may be used as a scapegoat, but that would be flat out wrong. If Spielman gets several years to build the roster, Frazier needs several years also, to get all the new players to become a team.

After that critical win in Washington at the end of the season Leslie deserves at least another year. crazy

I do know that last year EVERYBODY made a lot of yardage in the middle on us.

No, that has been happening for a very long time. I remember the Packers way back when they had Favre doing quick slants every play right down the field.

The Cover 2 we play is carp. Don't get beat deep but let them take the middle anytime they want it is basically what happens.

Why take Kalil at 3 when they could trade back as far as 10, pick up more draft picks, and still get him? We are the only team that would draft him in the top 10. And we are a run first team while he is not that great at run blocking which seems to go against what the team is building. Sort of like spending 5 years trying to mold TJ into being a WCO QB when he was better suited to be a 7 step drop throw it deep QB.

LOL, now that is a good one.

Get Kalil at #10, you should take that one to the stage.

Purplefloyd has some insite or something. There is talk going on that if the Queens do not take him at 3, that he may slide out of the top ten.

So take him at 3 or let someother team take him mid teens in the first round?????????

YAWN!!!!!!!

There's no way in hell Kalil is slipping out of the Top 10. If he makes it down to 7, I would be incredibly surprised if the Jags don't swing a trade-down offer with somebody for him. Buffalo needs a tackle, if he somehow makes it to them they'll turn the card in before the clock even officially starts

LOL, now that is a good one.

Get Kalil at #10, you should take that one to the stage.

I guess you don't follow things too closely.

Ok PurpleFloyd, I'll mark it down, you think he's gonna fall past 10. I'll be back on Friday to see whats what smile

Blackmon, Kalil, Claiborne - I would be happy with any of these. But I wonder if da Vikes will trade down?

Throw the dart at the board...we need help at all positions!

Either of the 3 would help this team. My fear is they trade back too far and end up with mediocre talent throughout this draft.

Get the sure thing...and roll the dice from there.

exactly zepman....biggest fear is spielman tries to get too cute with trades, drops out of top 6-7, and ends up with high average talent instead of elite. personally i hope they dont drop farther than 5 if any trade happens, if they switch with cleveland or rams, they can probably add a second round pick, but if tampa wants to move to 3 i would make the cost much higher.

I saw an interesting article on the internet that went back 3 years, supposedly the average time to see the development of a drafted player, and it seemed that better players were taken in picks 10- 16 then 1-10. It seemed that there were more busts in picks 1-10 than in the latter part of the first round. It was based on the 2 previous drafts which were years 2005 and 2008. Some of it was caused by injuries but a lot of it was just poor picks so despite all of our expertise it is still not an exact science.

I was just listening to Spielman on the radio a few minutes ago and he said several teams have called and started negotiating in the last 24 hours. He said they see no benefit to making a trade before the draft, but he made it sound like a draft day trade was likely.

exactly zepman....biggest fear is spielman tries to get too cute with trades, drops out of top 6-7, and ends up with high average talent instead of elite. personally i hope they dont drop farther than 5 if any trade happens, if they switch with cleveland or rams, they can probably add a second round pick, but if tampa wants to move to 3 i would make the cost much higher.

I don't have a problem moving back and collecting more picks, even if they miss out on one of those three. This draft is so deep with receivers and other positions that even if you get Rief around pick ten it means you have collected some picks in round two and three to load up on that depth. Best case scenario, move back a couple spots and get your guy while collecting those picks.

Ps I want nothing to do with blackmon. More and more questions coming up about him. No one believes the guy is even a Julio Jones or AJ green. I've read in a couple places people think he will be a Hakeem Nicks caliber receiver. That is not worthy of the three pick.

Best case scenario is the Rams want to jump ahead of Cleveland for RB Richardson. I guess they have inquired about it, Steven Jackson is also unhappy with his contract.

If the stars aligned just right we could possibly drop back to #6 and still get Kalil, we'd get either Claiborne or Blackmon though forsure.

If Blackmon is as good as Hakeem Nicks I'd take him at #6 anyday if the other guys were gone.

Trading back is the BEST deal for sure. The more I look at this draft, not only is 3 too high to take Blackmon.... Its too high for Claiborne, Kalil, Richardson, Tannehill ect...

I hope they trade back and get a few more darts to throw at the board

There is nothing in the world wrong with taking Kalil at 3. Nothing. The rest of 'em, I agree with you.

Lots of smoke blowing around the draft. But in the end, the Vikings take Kahil. Best player available, and he fits one of our largest holes. How could they pass him up?

Of our three biggest needs...OL (LT in particular), DB, and WR...we have added players to all of them but LT.

Other than Johnson, do we even have another LT on the roster?

I think it'll be Kahlil at #3 or Rieff if they trade down. I just don't see how they can't fill the LT with their 1st pick.

We'll see...