• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

Yiggin,

I give up.

We are picking 3rd, nobody is coming up 2-3 spots and giving us another 1st besides what the position they trade us.

For Yiggins sake and not for the future of the Vikings, lets take a receiver and see if Christian can get a ball to him while laying on his back. Blackmon will be wide open when the 11 defensemen are celebrating another sack.

Holy cow.....I am out.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

Somebodies gotta be the contrarian! Everybody is saying Kalil like a broken record! Sorry to frustrate you rippin. This wouldnt be a very fun thread if everyone just said- Kalil, Kalil, kalil,KaHLiL, Ditka, Kalil, polish sausage, Kalil now would it? :~)

Tyron Smith was another USC tackle that went in the 1st round last year. Kahlil was good enough in 2010 to beat him out at LT and make Smith move to right tackle when they played together.

I just hope they don't trade down.

Yiggin,

I give up.

We are picking 3rd, nobody is coming up 2-3 spots and giving us another 1st besides what the position they trade us.

For Yiggins sake and not for the future of the Vikings, lets take a receiver and see if Christian can get a ball to him while laying on his back. Blackmon will be wide open when the 11 defensemen are celebrating another sack.

Holy cow.....I am out.

ditto. i'm done banging my head against the wall

We have to take Kahlil in the first.

From there I would like to see us take Jeffrey in the 2nd, Lemichael James in the 3rd, Shaun Prater (CB Iowa) in the 4th, and Marvin McNutt in the 5th.

This wouldn't help us be much more than a .500 team but at least they would be fun to watch and put up some points. Next year in free agency and draft they could then focus on defense and possibly compete then.

Your all right, my bad. Tackle with the 3rd pick, skoal vikings lets skoal!

Better?

Creep worm- I like Jeffery in the second, but the gophers have beaten iowa twice in a row... how many iowa guys do we really want?

I really think they are going to be trying hard to trade this pick. There seems to really be a couple teams that are dying to draft Trent Richardson. Cleveland and Cincinati are probably the two likely teams. It would be nice to get them in a bidding war with each other. Then we deal the third pick to CLE for their fourth pick and 22 pick. Take Kalil, the take a WR at 22 and some secondary help in the second round, and then try to move up again in the second round with our third round picks.

I dont think that would be too much to ask from clevland if they really think richardson is the guy. My thinking is that they would have resigned peyton hillis if they werent going RB. With what Miami is giving up and what ATL gave up last year I think that would be a pretty good deal to threaten CLE with. My whole plan hinges on needing another serious buyer for Richardson. I would be opposed to trading with anyone other than Clevland. Gotta make sure we get Kalil.

Tannehill will be the only player "worth" trading up for...I just don't see a team trading up in the 1st for a RB.

Cleveland may still be in the mix to beat out Miami for this pick...they both need QB's in a bad way. It's a pipe dream but trading the pick to Cleveland would be ideal. We still get Kahlil and a couple of extra picks to boot.

If we trade out with Miami...no way we get Kahlil. We get a middle of the road 1st rounder who may, or may not, pan out.

With Blackmon and Claiborne still in the mix after the 3rd spot, I can't really see teams jumping all over themselves to trade up so high. I can't see any teams trading that high for Tannehill either

Tannehill will be the only player "worth" trading up for...I just don't see a team trading up in the 1st for a RB.

Cleveland may still be in the mix to beat out Miami for this pick...they both need QB's in a bad way. It's a pipe dream but trading the pick to Cleveland would be ideal. We still get Kahlil and a couple of extra picks to boot.

If we trade out with Miami...no way we get Kahlil. We get a middle of the road 1st rounder who may, or may not, pan out.

I guess worth is in the eye of the beholder. Many places have Richardson projected to TB at #5. It's not crazy to think someone likes him enough to jump up in front of the bucs to grab him. The more time goes on it sure sounds like there are more and more reasons for teams to come up to 3. I'd like to see it happen and stay in the top 10 yet but I'm not holding my breathe.

Julio Jones wasn't even the consensus overall #1 WR in last year's draft and the Falcons basically made a Herschel Walker trade for him... anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Vikes end up with a good trade offer for the 3 hole...

James- FutbolGuru, two words for those posts- LOVE IT!

From what im hearing this Tannehill cat's stock is on the rise just because hes supposidly the next best QB after the big two. There is going to be some team that wants our pick pretty bad, i think its starting to become more appartent by the day. Hopefully speilman plays his cards right. I do agree that the 3rd is probably too high to take Blackmon or Claiborne, but i still think its too high for a tackle too. IF we can trade back and still get Kalil or Riley Reif and maybe just an extra 3rd rounder, im all for it

If they trade back far enough to lose out on kalil and get Reif instead and only get a 3rd rounder that would be the worst trade in NFL history.

Worst in history? This Kalil guy must be the best offensive lineman in the history of lineman then. I dont think we'd trade back any farther then 8th. Tannehill, Claiborne, Blackmon, Kalil and Richardson will all be in the mix between 3 and 8 the way it sounds. If we trade back I would assume we get Claiborne, Kalil or Blackmon more then likely. Sounds good to me.

The Rams are the only team I can see taking Kalil- Maybe the Jags before 8

Your missing the point. If you trade from 3 to 8 you had better get more than a 3rd round pick for that move.

The extra #1 for next year will come in handy when we need to get Barkley!!

Some observations of the Vikes signings so far. We are getting faster/quicker....Todman, Taylor, Walter, are all speed guys with promise. We tried to get rb Locke last year, but he had health problems. I like that focus a LOT, and believe that will continue.

Another thing I looked at was a video of Chris Carter catches....they reminded me of Blackmon....maybe he will be our first pick after all. I'm all for speed, but Williamson proved hands are more important, for a receiver. Spielman is mentioning Kalil and Clairborne... but NOT Blackmon(nice misdirection play).

At this moment I think we will roll with Johnson and Love at LT, and draft more "playmakers"(offence and defense). If he can add a couple more draft pics, and still get his guys, he will do that.

I'm so looking toward the draft, to see how it all plays out.

Cleveland aint takin' Kalil, unless they're unhappy with Joe Thomas they're gonna go blackmon or tannehill... Tampa maybe, more likely Richardson?? Rams took a tackle with the #2 pick a couple years ago, i think they take Blackmon if hes there or Claiborne... I dont know if Kalil is a synch to be taken right away if we trade down

Wasn't a rumor but considering the average score for an NFL player is 20 I guess that's not out of the question. The Wonderlic test is a cognitive test based on time as well. All one has to do is be poor at taking tests and he or she does poorly. I'm sure there are plenty of players in the NFL who scored poorly and plenty who took the test and scored high that never made it in the league.

I mean, you could just randomly guess on all of the multiple choice ones and get a better score than 4... just sayin

word is he has a learning disability. doesn't matter much for CB, if they kid can play he can play

I mean, you could just randomly guess on all of the multiple choice ones and get a better score than 4... just sayin

word is he has a learning disability. doesn't matter much for CB, if they kid can play he can play

Agreed, but I garuntee it threw up a red flag for some GM's! I wonder if he actually drops?

I've taken the Wonderlic several times in job interviews... many of the questions are at Elementary level... you'd REALLY need a learning disability to score a 4. And he was in college how?

It would at least show if he can think and has any sort of ability to retain knowledge... It should factor into your decision to draft him... but it won't.

Good Luck!

Ken

I get a kick out of the scores some of these guys post on this test. If for nothing else, it should demand an immediate investigation to the school these kids were attending.

How on earth did this kid get into LSU and the better question...how did he stay academically eligible once there.

It's been proven time and time again, that it will not effect where and when he gets drafted.

Most 4th graders should be able to get double digit+ score. So if that tells you anything.

Football,run fast,throw ball,catch ball,tackle guy with ball,make fool of self by celebrating in end zone.......What more do you want???????