• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NFL Black Monday

LMITOUT

Looks like Lesile is making a good choice here????? Rumor on PFT has him bring this guy to run the D. When and if The Viks release their D cord. And when and if the eagles release theirs. Castillo could be the man in MN????????????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Scott M

• nofishfisherman

• zepman

I bleed purple through and through...but does anyone else thing that it is beyond pathetic that this team is so bad that they are bringing in these big name coaches for the D-coordinator position and none of them seem to want the job?

So who will be getting the ax tomorrow?

Tuner?

Morris?

Spagnuolo?

Leslie?

Caldwell?

Two more to go, but at least Turner put up another fight this year to give him something to fall back onto.

That leaves one, glaring name on the list that deserves the ax...

• 11 months later...

Bump. They won't all go, but the teams will get shaken up.

Reid

Shurmur

Ryan - G.M. Tennanbaum is gone

Crennel

Rivera

Whisenhunt

Allen

Mularkey

Gailey

Smith

Garrett D Coord R. Ryan is gone

Munchak

Turner

Schwarz

Yep, add Lovie to the list. He just got canned in Chicago. Seems like he has been on the hot seat for years.

Sounds like a lot of GM's have been fired or are expected to be fired so some of the coaching changes may not come until the new GMs are hired.

Quote:
If he fired Leslie he'd owe him the rest of the contract, plus he's still paying Childress, and he'd have to pay whoever he hired as a new coach. I don't think Wilf wants to pay 3 head coaches at the same time.

It has ZERO to do with money ... not that that it matters here, you certainly don't cave in, as sad as it is in todays sports environmentment where I D I O T fans "not you nofish" get to decide who coaches the team.

Gee lets see, should I fire my coach who is the COACH of the Year in the NFL inspite of allegedly finishing 2nd to a coach who who actually has a QB...thats a tough one LOL>

Hardy har har on Fireing Frazier thats pretty darn funny right there, please carry on with the rest of the thread as it's actually pretty realistic inspite of the FIRE Frazier ABSURDITY!

Go Vikes!

Add Turner and Whisenhunt to the list of canned coaches today..

Too bad Zygi doesn't have the balls to add another to the list.

LMIT, you really think any owner is going to fire a coach who takes his team from 3-13 to 10-6 and into the playoffs?

You might want to stop spiking your coffee with turpentine, or is it that North Dakota Moonshine that's getting to you?

LMIT, you really think any owner is going to fire a coach who takes his team from 3-13 to 10-6 and into the playoffs?

You might want to stop spiking your coffee with turpentine, or is it that North Dakota Moonshine that's getting to you?

Didn't San Diego fire Shottenheimer after a 14-2 season a few years back?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

and where have they been since...but on a steady downhill slide.

Didn't San Diego fire Shottenheimer after a 14-2 season a few years back?

I believe they were 13-3 but were 1 and done in the playoffs. Each year after that season they have gotten progressivly worse and are now looking for yet another new coach.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I hear that whooooooshing sound again...
I have to agree with nofish...

Just another reason for you to lay off the turpentine LOL...

Good One Nofish laugh

Um, Vikings 10-6 equals mediocrity. Packer 11-5= is then what?

If the Packers didnt cheat against the Vikes a couple weeks back, the Vikings would have the division.

Mediocrity is on the horizon, me boy.

I'm sure the fans of the other teams in the division are salivating at the thought of a contract extension for Leslie.

Mediocrity is on the horizon, me boy.

I'm sure the fans of the other teams in the division are salivating at the thought of a contract extension for Leslie.

Mediocrity in the future...I can't disagree with this.

Ponder is the reason, however.

You may not like Leslie but you have to give him and his staff credit for scratching and clawing their way to a 10-6 record and a play-off spot.

Mediocrity in the future...I can't disagree with this.

Ponder is the reason, however.

You may not like Leslie but you have to give him and his staff Peterson credit for scratching and clawing their way to a 10-6 record and a play-off spot.

Fixed.

Either way...they were smart enough to get it done.

I believe you have to give credit when it's due and Leslie has earned that this year.

I really dont see the Vikings, or the Packers going anywhere. I dont see the Vikings much more then a 1 win and done team, about what I would call the Packers. I hardly think I am a koolaid drinker, if the Vikings or the packers were playing Atlanta, neither team would have a prayer. I dont see SB in either teams near future.

There was no way Frazier was going to get canned after increasing the wins x3 in one year.

I used to be a Viking diehard, but after 98 and 2001, I have became more of a follower, and a band wagon fan.

While most of the firings didn't surprise me much, the Chiefs not firing Pioli is mind boggling. He should be out on his can after last year, and instead he gets ANOTHER pass.

I was honestly surprised Schwartz and his assistants weren't let go. The Lions had one of the most surprising turnarounds this past year and exhibited a total lack of professionalism and discipline. To have supposedly strong talent on both sides of the line and to fall off the face of the map should have been a clear signal to get rid of the whole staff.

• 2 weeks later...