• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

BryeGuy

I thought about that. I have buddies that go out of Hunters. I might visit and grab a button. It all depends on how much fun we have Friday night.

troutkingmaster

Quote:
How are people liking the premiere houses??

The premier houses are top notch, we stayed in the 8 holer on pull off weekend last year and it waas fantastic for 4 guys. I waited too long to book this year for Feb. 24-26 so we will be splitting in to 2 smaller housese this year, a 6 hole and a 4 hole. Anyone else going to be up there that weekend? We will be running and gunning in portys for perch on all 3 days, hope we can find them! We normally have our best luck with small spoons and red spikes, bring a bunch as they can go quick!

dustybaker

Ill be up that weekend, some buddies and i have 3 of the 8 hole deluxes rented. We'll have porties and probably do some bouncing around during the day. Headed up early Friday and leaving sunday afternoon.

vman59

got on the lake as soon as Paul opened up. This was our 3rd trip and like the others a bust. Fished until 1:30 as my son had to be home for work. Between the 4 of us we managed 2 eyes and 7 perch thats it. Fished around the highway bar mostly. If I were to come up after work on Saturday and get there around 7 where would one suggest we set up? On top of the Highway bar somewhere else. Just looking for suggestions.

Buck_Hunter04

I've always felt July Bar is a night time bite place. But thats my 2 cents. I like to fish just to the south of there on or near the gravel bar. but like most places u have to keep looking until u find them.

vman59

thanks any suggestions are appreciated.

kweiland

I am going on my first overnight trip in an ice house at Appeldoorns. Any suggestions for the rattle reels, lures and bait for walleye fishing?

Nordern

I have been out on Shaw's Reef the last 2 wwekends and had plenty of walleye action. It has been mainly an evening bite for me. I have been in about 32' of water and my rattle reel has had very good success with a plain red hook and a large fathead. Just this last weekend I landed a 20" and a 21" on small suckeres and a plain hook. I have been relocating to about 27' (rocks) during the day so I get a little perch action but nothing to brag about. Here is a nice male 18" slot:

full-678-17559-img_20120203_00302.jpg

Fishman11

Hey guys help me out. When you fish a setline, do you drop the bait so it sits at the bottom or let it hang a few feet off the bottom. Never fish a set line before. Any tips would help. Thanks.

broman

Hey guys help me out. When you fish a setline, do you drop the bait so it sits at the bottom or let it hang a few feet off the bottom. Never fish a set line before. Any tips would help. Thanks.

I fish mine about a foot or less from the bottom.

pushbutton

When you fish a setline, do you drop the bait so it sits at the bottom or let it hang a few feet off the bottom.

Yes smile usually anywhere from six inches to a few ft. Kind of depends on water clarity, how big the bait is, what type of bait, where the strikes were coming from earlier. Ultimately try different depths and let the fish tell you what they prefer at that given time, but like Broman said, usually around that 1 ft mark.

gogophers

I'm usually 18-24" up when fishing Mille Lacs. I've always heard fish look up better than they look down.

Fishman11

Thanks for the tip guys!

Oh, Paul we'll be up there this friday. How are ice conditions? Will it hold a crew cab tundra with 6 guys inside? Thanks.

fishergurl

Hey Paul,

Coming back up Friday. How have your roads been, and how far out can we go with a wheel house?

Paul Waldowski

Currently all of our roads are in good shape. You can take your wheelhouse out to mud but we ask that you do not leave it out there overnight unattended.

picksbigwagon

Paul, my son and I were wondering if anyone delivers pizza out to the houses? If not where would be the closest hedgies pizza for saturday noght dinner.... He can hardly wait until Friday after school, see you friday night

DTro

I remember seeing a Pizza oven in Paul's office. wink

pushbutton

If you just drive due south for a couple miles, you can use my oven. Have fun Picks!

MidCoast

I am coming up to fish Friday and Saturday, and with this warm weather we have been having, can we safely drive out of Appledoorn on Friday and Saturday with half ton truck to the mud flats?

Paul Waldowski

Currently yes you can.

lispeej

Hey paul.

How do we get a road pass if we come early in the morn and you're not open yet?

aanderud

Pretty standard practice to just pay when you get off the lake. Not worth driving back in and paying mid-day, as it can be an hour each way if you're way out in the mud.

DTro

I was out on Seven Mile today via Paul's road. It's in good shape and I had about 22" of ice out on the flat.

I caught a nice mixed bag of Perch, Tullibees, and Walleye. The Perch were very nice size.

All my fish came in about 35FOW about 50 yards off the edge of the flat on the deep side. The Perch were in pairs nearly every time I marked them. I didn't find as many Tullies as I would have liked, but the ones that came through were super aggressive.

Both times I've been out there now in the past couple of weeks, the bite has been better earlier in the day.

full-105-17724-007.jpg

fishin4fun85

anyone with a recent update out of Appledorn's? Looking to go up tomorrow morning with my brother for a day trip we had pretty good success last time we were up so I'm just hoping to hear some good news from anyone that's been out lately

griff321

I went out on Wednesday all day and had a blast. The snow was drifting pretty bad from tuesday night, and I only have a car, so I ended up just going as far as highway bar. The Tullies were on fire. As soon as I got there the first hole I drilled had a Christmas tree. It was pretty much lights out action all day. I was able to manage a few jumbos, but not a single eye. One thing I noticed is that the regular colored larva work much better than the red. Plus they had a nice supply cheaper than most there for sale.

Thanks again to the great folks over at Appeldoorn's!