• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Big Lake Ice Reports

I was out on a "small" lake this morning and there was between 3" and 4" of ice. Barely enough for me personally and certainly not enough for any kind of vehicle yet. Jigged up a nice pike.

FirstPike.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad B

• mrklean

• fishersofmen

• noodlerod

I just checked cedar lake. I drilled holes every 5' to almost the center of the lake. Its 5"-6" everywhere. There was someone who had driven a 4 wheeler out already. If I didn't have to work, my ice season would have offically started today.

Terrible_ Fisherman, have you been on the black pool on clearwater? I can't wait to get out there and find some crappies.

I was one of the portables on Mitchel. I was on 6 inches of good clear ice, but there was a pretty clear line of newer ice that was 2, maybe 3 inches thick. Fishing was terrible. Only had one fish even come and take a look. Time to start looking for another option.

No not in black pool area yet. Just in front of BJs and in the northwest bay. I have heard black pool area can be dangerous so have been avoiding it. Saw some houses on otter this weekend as well.

Heard someone fell through on Schmidt today. This rain is really killing my hopes of fishing next week when I'm home

That would explain all of the rescue vehicles including a wright county sheriff pulling an air boat flying out past Menards. I figured it was someone on Pelican but guess not. Hope the guy is alright.

I was one of the portables on Mitchel. I was on 6 inches of good clear ice, but there was a pretty clear line of newer ice that was 2, maybe 3 inches thick. Fishing was terrible. Only had one fish even come and take a look. Time to start looking for another option.

I saw someone out on Mitchell. Looked like they were in some deep water. Not sure if it was you but I would think the the fish are still shallow.

Thanks for the update on the ice. Hopefull this weather won't eat up too much of the 6".

I will be getting home from school tomorrow night. What do you think the chances are of me finding good ice to do some fishing Thursday and Friday around the Buffalo area?

With the warm temps, I'd say make other plans for the next 2-3 days. Maybe I'm not as brave as some other guys. I'll be waiting at least until Saturday.

I'm starting to think doing some bow hunting this week will be a little safer. I have many more months to ice fish this winter. I'm not gonna risk my life for a crappie

eekeekeekvery spooky ice tonignt 4 to 5"s but top 2 were rotten creeked and cracked with almost every step but a good night or 2 with below freezing temps and it will harden back up fine !! fresh eyes sure taste good grin

We managed some fish. Definitely picked up later in the day as the sun started to go down. It was tough during the day. Ice is nice, bring spikes if you have them. If the kids like to skate, they could do that too.

Fished a couple different area lakes this weekend and had a good 4.5-5.5 inches throughout. Fishing was also decent, with a few crappies, gills, perch, and a decent eater walleye yesterday. The perch were all small, but did catch a couple decent crappies and sunnies and some nice crappies this evening. The best presentation yesterday for the panfish was orange jig tipped with 1 or 2 euros and today was a pretty even split between a bright green jig and a white a pink jig with a medium size crappie minnows. Most of the crappies were in 7-8 FOW and in 16-18 FOW suspended about a foot off the bottom. Good luck out there, have fun, and be safe!

Where are you buying the Euros?

Anytime I go to a place for bait they never have them.

Cabelas in rogers usually has them

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, would some one be kind enough to fill me in on the ice thickness of some of the mid-sized lakes in the Annandale area? Lakes I'm curious about are: Cedar, Pleasant, Granite, Francis & John. Any info would be much appreciated!

Feel free to PM me, BuckmasterG Thanks!

I have been on francis the last few days and there is 8" of ice. But I have pulled out 2 fish houses from the lake the last 2 days. The ice cracks pretty bad when you go over it or walk around. The fishing has been pretty slow for me.

Hey guys I need some help here me and my dad have been ice fishing at some lake. We cant seem to find any fish its the same with most to all of the other people to. So I would be greatful if you guys could help me and him find a good lake for wallys. We have been out 2 times and only 1 fish for 14 hours in our new ice house kinda disappointing am I right. So please help us.

Thanks for the response JollyJoker, surprising that you would be hearing it crack that from walking with having 8". It wasn't just the sound of making ice was it?