• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

Yeah, the last 4 years have been painful, but at least this way we are stocking the shelves with quality players.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

Since Montreal ans NYI went to OT, we are now #3 in draft position, which means we have a legitimate shot at drafting #1 overall. Having a guy like Yakupov sure would be nice. laugh

Wild blank Vancouver 2-0. Must have been a great game by Harding, easy now boys there is nothing wrong with an OT or shootout loss if you need a moral victory. Most of the fans realize that dispite our early season run we just didn't have the depth to win this year and this draft could add some key peices to our future.

In typical MN fashion im sure they will start winning again and get to about the 7th pick or so.

Honestly, I would love the number 1 pick, but come on. They cant loose on purpose.

Side note, what do you guys think of Heatley, I honestly am amazed at the effort he is still giving. The guy plays hard in both ends when his job is to score goals, he is gonna get 25 goals on a terrible team. I also heard he is about the hardest working guy in practice. I never would have guessed it, I thought he would be the first guy to give up.

I have been very happy with Heatley, he has done a great job with not much healthy talent around him. I think we were all hoping for 30+ goals but with season we have had its hard to knock what he has done. The whole team needs a fresh start next year, hopefully we can land a big fish or two this off season.

In a MUST lose game, we win! Typical wild... At least it was over the hated Canucks.. Ha ha vancouver! I love how they are scared to play Luongo at the Ex, its hilarious!

Don't worry Yig, we have been tanking pretty hard. We can't expect them to lose every game.

If they lose last night, we are at the #3 pick. I that's about as high as we can realistically draft this year. I'd be cool with losing out from here on.

Just checked. 7 of our last ten games are against playoff teams. grin

Were we really in 1st place this year ? Welcome back Ginger I mean Marian Gaborik to the X in a night or two. John Scott as well. Are we finding it wasn't all on Todd Richards ? We have 0 identity anymore. Well there's always next year. or the the year after that.

Quote:
Just checked. 7 of our last ten games are against playoff teams.

hahahaha, I love it.

Quote:
John Scott as well.

I hope Kassian is in the line up to welcome him back but then again, I like Scott and was sad he left, I suppose he will be scratched tho. It would have been nice to have scott back on D this year, he would have gotten alot of playing time and would have kept other teams a little more honest when they were running Spurgeon etc..

Quote:
Are we finding it wasn't all on Todd Richards

agreed, but when you have a coach like Yeo, you need to lock him up for a while and give it a chance imo

No way can you blame everythign on Richards, I think we probably pulled the plug on him a little early but from the sounds of things it wasn't going well. We certainly need to give Yeo a couple more years and see what happens.

Sorry guys about the misleading T Richards comment, no I don't want him back I just know the way our state seems to operate when it comes to coaches and we've had some dandy scenarios, yes give Yeo some time to grow, agreed, here you go, Les Steckel, Denny Green, Mike Tice, Sydney Lowe I think lol, Tim Brewster, tubby and kill, etc. we're constantly thinking this magical coach will will us into an instant winner, anyway, no doubt we lack a bunch of hockey talent on the wild roster. I'm just thankful the NHL is here, but being old school I'll always miss the stars and and that hotel where I got tons of opposing teams autographs I think the thunderbird if I remember correctly.

I was at the game tonight. The X was rocking at the end there. Can't think of any other team that would have fans like that when they are that low in the standings this late in the year. Maybe Winnipeg. It was a fun game at the end.

I was furious by the end of that. How does FLA not win that game? We were terrible for 2.5 periods! Oh well. Maybe we'll wind up in 4th and get lucky in the lotto.

Here we go again. Just when it looks like the Wild could be helping themselves with a nice draft pick, we decide to pick it up with 7 games to go. mad

We still have the 4th pick, but are 1 point away from having the 7th pick. crazy

Would you expect anything less? You knew we would turn it on after the games became meaningless! Happens alot around here!

That's the worst part, it's NOT meaningless!!! We are now getting an OT point which now puts us at least at 7th.

Good to see Foster still has that boomer of a shot...that he can't get even remotely close to the net.

Really Wild? REALLY! Come on now you just passed up 3 teams with that shootout win and you are on a 3 game winning streak, time to get back to playing AHL hockey. Or at least NHL hockey that isn't good enough. 3 games to go, lets suck it up and slide up a few spots in the draft.

Even though these last few games have been bad for the draft, they have been some great hockey games. First time in a long time i'm actually interested in watching the whole games. They have been really entertaining.

It did seem like the first line was clicking, they will need to next if we are to actually make the playoffs.

Hopefully this late "winning" streak will attract a good FA or 2 in the off-season. At this point it's the only thing it can be good for.

Just read on another site we should win most of the draft tiebrakers with teams because we have a lot of wins in OT or shootouts. So if we tie pts with a bunch of teams we should be ahead of them in the draft, I guess that is something to hope for.

Right on Bear, we sure had some spirited scraps the other night. Will those spill over into our next game with Chicago ? Speaking of Chi-town, you tube with good speakers, Jim Cornelison is by far the best national anthem singer I've ever heard, go check him out but good speakers do it mega justice if you can hear him over the roar of the fans.

OK, we are at 79pts and play the #6W Blackhawks tonight and the #7W Coyotes on Saturday.

The two teams just below us are Toronto and Anaheim. Both have 78pts.

ANA plays at #14W Edmonton and at #11W Calgary. Hopefully they win a game.

TOR plays at #11 Tampa and at #15E

If we lose both games and both ANA and TOR win at least one game, we will take the 5th spot. NYI would have to win out and we would have to lose out to make the 4th. It's a good thing we went on a winning streak mad

And the foot shooting continues:

Both TOR and ANA won, but we decided to score with under three minutes left and then win in OT. So, we are back in the same postition. We need to lose, TOR and ANA need to win and we'll be in the 5th draft position.

Right now, depending on who wins and loses, we could end up in the 5th spot or the 9th spot.