• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

Agree, it's hard to see it end up this way after such a magical start. But we should be sellers before the deadline. Sometimes you can really end up with a great deal if you do your homework.

I think before the season started, everyone saw an improved team in 2-3 years so we should continue building for that.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

If we are going to sell, I wouldn't mind selling:

Cullen

Clutterbuck

Zidlicky

Harding

Zanon

Ortmeyer

Powe

Christiansen

Peters

Lets sell Cullen early next season when he goes on his annual tear. Keep clutterbuck and get what you can for the rest, a lot of those guys aren't worth anything, mostly just fill in AHL scrubs. I would have to think Zids, Harding, and maybe Zanon get moved some time soon.

I would have to think Zids, Harding, and maybe Zanon get moved some time soon.

Those are my top 3 as well. I hope you are right on Zids but I'm doubtful they can move him based on his salary for next year. DR..... the former GM that keeps on giving!

the wild have only played 59 games and the 4 teams right ahead of them have all played 60 or 61 and we are 5 pts out of the 8th spot. Every game matters from here on out. Personally, I just like watching Kassian, he's no Boogaard but pretty close and a better skater. Let's see if Krys Barch answers the bell tonight and Kassian gets the Wild going.

was able to catch the SO last night. pretty decisive. thats the first SO win ive been able to witness in a long time for baks. Seems hes playing well and gaining confidence

From NHL.com

The New Jersey Devils gave their blue line a boost on Friday by acquiring veteran defenseman Marek Zidlicky from the Minnesota Wild for three players and draft picks after Zidlicky waived his no-trade clause.

The Wild will receive defenseman Kurtis Foster, forwards Nick Palmieri and Stephane Veilleux, as well as a second-round pick in 2012 that the Devils previously acquired from Washington and a conditional third-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft. The Wild will get that pick if the Devils make the Eastern Conference Finals this spring and Zidlicky plays in 75 percent of New Jersey's games in the first two rounds.

Now just Zanon and Schultz to go and I'll be happy!!!!

Agreed. Schultz has been terrible this year. He spends way too much time in the box, and just isn't as good defensively as they hype him on fsn. Zanon i'm on the edge about. He makes some good physical plays at times and I love him, and then he makes those defensive gaffs and I hate him. Definitely wouldn't be hugely upset if he went.

Nice job CF, great trade IMO. 3 for 1 plus a pick. Not going to make them a playoff team this year but more decent players fighting for playing time will help in the near future. Hope he is not done making deals, trade Harding for a big forward who can muck it up in front of the net and chip in a few.

Finally we have a defenseman who can get shots through! Foster has a cannon of a shot, though he did make some mistakes defensively when he was here.

Currently it looks like the Wild will have $21M open going into next year. Maybe CF can get another big FA for the top lines next year!!!

Year after next Backs, Cullen and I think PMB are off. That's a ton of space, though we will have to think about signing a few of our rookies then too.

OK, just checked it on capgeek. We have almost 40M in space in two years. That's nuts! We could go after some legitimate top end FAs. Wow, it's been a while since we could say that!!!

BTW - Todd McLellan (SJ Coach, former Houston Aeros Coach) just collapsed behind the bench. Hopefully he's alright.

Good game last night. After we went down 2-0 I was pretty close to turning it off and chalking up another loss. I like seeing Foster back in a Wild uniform again. Hopefully he can use that heavy slapper more often. On the same note, Heatley needs to stop with the massive windup on his slap shot. He can't hit the net worth a dump lately.

How is Todd McLellan doing? I hope he's alright. They seemed to shy away from going into detail about anything regarding his collapse.

Wild just traded Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert, didn't see that coming. I'm still trying to form on opinion on this move but we are getting better offensively and maybe giving up a little in the D zone. Interesting move for sure, Schultz has been here forever.

Wild just traded Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert, didn't see that coming. I'm still trying to form on opinion on this move but we are getting better offensively and maybe giving up a little in the D zone. Interesting move for sure, Schultz has been here forever.

Schultz was drafted by the Wild and was the last remaining player from the inagral season i think.

Word is the goalie market is soft. It might be tough to find someone to take Harding for much.

As far as the Schultz/Gilbert trade, Oilers fans didn't seem to like him much. Schultz didn't look the same as years before either though. Jury is out in this one. Time will tell.

Zannon gone? I hope so.

Kind of seems like both teams were sour on Gilbert/Schultz. This trade seems to be a wash, but yes time will tell.

The only move so far I haven't liked by CF was the Leddy/Barker trade. Still seems to be making a lot better moves than the DR regime!!

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that the Wild might be VERY young on D next year, I'm kind of assuming that Lundin, Foster and Zanon are not on the Wild next year but who knows, that's still a long ways off.