• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

I think they will get in the play-offs. They need to start shooting the puck more, which will create more scoring chances and hopefully more goals. I am really getting tired of seeing them pass, pass, pass when they should sometimes just GRIP IT AND RIP IT ! ! ! My 2 Cents.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

hanronson, appreciate your hopefulness, but I'll go the other way, I'd be really shocked if they can find their groove again this season, they've had 2 months to figure it out and haven't. It's time to dump guys, that's what I'm hearing anyway. Would love to see playoff hockey, but it aint happenin. Trust me I want to eat those words but 6 goals in 7 games and our last win was 1-0, we are having too much trouble scoring and just firing at the net to these huge goalies won't solve it, the slapper is a rare goal scored really, we need traffic in front, we need stellar power play unit to make teams pay when we're a man up.

PLEASE tell me we have some defensemen who can actually play coming up!!! This is collectively the worst group I have ever seen!!

PLEASE tell me we have some defensemen who can actually play coming up!!! This is collectively the worst group I have ever seen!!

I think you are watching all the up and comers, which is why we look so bad, young D make mistakes. They looked great at the begining of the season so plenty of promise there. The only quality young D we have not playing for the wild is in Sweden but he should get a good look next year.

Can we have Yeo walk out to our goal crease after the OT period ends? Kinda like baseball, except we exchange goalies. We need a closer in there.

full-5554-17703-mlb_u_gardenhire_576.jpg

Good news is we played pretty well particularly in the 3rd period. Talk about energy in the building last night, we really need to get the Jets in our division.

Ton's of Rowdy Canadians in the crowd which really energized our fans!

I say get rid of the shoot-out. wink

At least Powe held his own with Glass. 48 career fights for Glass vs. 10 fights for Powe, not to shabby. Any reports on like how Brent Burns, John Madden, Nystrom, Havlat, Sheppard,Gillies, etc. guys we let loose are doing ? Do we wish any of them back ?

At least Powe held his own with Glass. 48 career fights for Glass vs. 10 fights for Powe, not to shabby. Any reports on like how Brent Burns, John Madden, Nystrom, Havlat, Sheppard,Gillies, etc. guys we let loose are doing ? Do we wish any of them back ?

I believe Nystrom is having a very good year by his standards, being waived probably turned his career around. Burns is having a good but not great year. Havlat got hurt jumping over the boards crazy and has only palyed in 20-some games, not many points. Not sure on the others but I wouldn't worry about them.

I say get rid of the shoot-out. wink

Just in the Wild games unless the opponent teams have fun danglers to watch!

gabby is the only one doing good. the rest are just average at best.

The wild have atleast put a good effort in the last couple of games. I am still hearing alot about the divided lockeroom. I always hate hearing these things. It comes with being a young coach. They need to get back to winning. Sounds like Heater, Kiovu and Setto are happy though. Anyone else starting hear that Granland is going to be hard to sign this year? I am have been hearing it alot, but it may be premature.

As far as the young D, it is always good to throw 1 or 2 young guys in with a strong core (Nick Leddy example). They can learn and have their mistakes covered by the vets. It is not a good thing to have 4 out of 6 being young and the other 2 D being Zannon and Shultz. I think Scandella has been hurt by this alot. Surprisingly Spurgeon has been consistent, but a little afraid to make the plays.

1 pm game today, I love these on saturdays.

Zidlicky situation can't be helping anything. I would say lets sell, but what are we going to sell? Cullen hasn't done anything lately (no value), Seto they probably don't want to let go, our better prospects have been called all but untouchable. Koivu, Brodziak, Heater, Johnson I don't think are going anywhere. That leaves us with guys that have struggled to perform, which probably isn't worth much.

I was at the game today. I wasnt real excited about going, especially since i had to leave a hot ice fishing bite this morning to go. But it was a fun game to be at. Backstrom was awesome.

Man did backstrom stand on his head yesterday, 49 shots! Zidlicky looked lost out there, we were at the game so I could really watch him and Boston was definitly keying in on him.

I wish we had a guy like Lucic on our team, a big gritty team player to put in front of the net and can lay some huge hits and score some goals.

Hopefully Brodziak will have 3 more seasons like this year, he was on the big line yesterday with Heatley and Setoguchi and did pretty well.

I couldn't believe all the boston fans at the game, they travel really well or have a ton of fans in MN.

Wild aren't out of it yet, this should be a good spark to get them going in the right direction!

Man did backstrom stand on his head yesterday, 49 shots! Zidlicky looked lost out there, we were at the game so I could really watch him and Boston was definitly keying in on him.

I wish we had a guy like Lucic on our team, a big gritty team player to put in front of the net and can lay some huge hits and score some goals.

Hopefully Brodziak will have 3 more seasons like this year, he was on the big line yesterday with Heatley and Setoguchi and did pretty well.

I couldn't believe all the boston fans at the game, they travel really well or have a ton of fans in MN.

Wild aren't out of it yet, this should be a good spark to get them going in the right direction!

Put a Fork in em, they are done. Can't expect any goalie to do that very often. Out shot 49 - 29, big guns not producing on offense, guys like Powe carrying the load, lucky to finish .500 IMO.

It has to happen now if they are going to get back into this thing, from what happened earlier this season we know they are capable of winning, but knowing it and doing it are two different things.

PMB and GL being out has hurt this team big time. Most people talk about the "starting" 6 forwards that a team has and the Wild were counting on these two in order to make a run. I believe I saw where Fletcher pretty much didn't expect either to play again this year.

PMB has one more year left on his contract but who knows if he'll play again.

I'm with ya stud, like the twins,vikes,wolves, we need somehow to keep our squad together for a full season, when that doesn't happen, we fall apart, sometimes very rapidly. I know that's asking a lot but we seem plagued too often. I like the Lucic idea, yes that would be an asset, but my gut says with Tim Thomas and Zdeno Chara you got playoff chances year after year. We have little to 0 history on our side, thanks Norm Green and whatever that was really all about years back. Even Gilligan I mean Marian wanted a big market, lots to do, lots to see New York style.

I'll be surprised if the Wild don't make some kind of move before the trade deadline.

I think they should trade Harding just because I doubt they will be able to resign him. They probably can't get a lot for him.

Zidlicky would be nice to move to save on next years salary cap but I'm not sure how many teams want to pick up his salary. Trading him will probably require the Wild to pick up a different over priced player.

I wouldn't rule out the Wild making some kind of pickup of a bigger name player. But it would probably be for the future rather than to make a big run this year. They do have some intriguing prospects that I'm sure other teams are interested in.

I wouldn't mind in the Wild shipped a few guys out if possible, at least get some picks in return for them. I don't see us trading for any help at this point, we are probably better suited building for the future, it was a fun start to the season but our playoffs hopes are dwindling fast.