• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

I like this move. Schultz has been terrible this year. He has spent tons of time in the box, and just isn't the same inside their own zone as he was years past. He is suppose to be great in the D zone, but I just didn't see it. Plus he had one of the worst shots out of any NHLer I have seen.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

Looks like the Zanon rumors were a bit premature, holding out hope they can get something for him. I was hoping we could get something for Harding too, maybe not a lot of buyers out there right now.

Right now we have 3 defense for next year. Gilbert, prosser and spurgeron.

Bring up brodin ($1.5mm) scadella $.8mm). It would feel pretty good to get rid of harding and zannon for a couple of good d man. I'm wondering if we will even sign stoner.

On forward we only have 8 guys including pmb so let's call it 7. I suppose bulmer and palmerie can duke it out for 8. Hopefully granland makes 9. Plenty of room and a ton of money.

We have a ton of free agents in houston too.

We are looking awfully young on D next year. Zannon was gone regardless, so at least we got something for him. I would have liked to trade Harding, but looks like it just didn't happen this year. I wonder if they'll sign him for another 1 year and try to move him after that. Honestly, if I were him, I would test the waters. With Hackett coming up, there's no room for him next year.

I like Hackett alot, I hope he is ready to go in a couple years when Backstrom is gone, it will be nice to not have $6m yr tied up in a goalie for a couple years and they can spend it on offense.

On the Schultz/Gilbert trade, I'm surprised, Gilbert will be the third highest paid player on the Wild. I never thought he was anything special, am I wrong? I like that he is a Badger and from Minny.

Zannon, good move, he was running out of time with the big club. Boston will use his grittyness to get to the E conf finals when they lose to NY.

Fletcher had some interesting comments on not trading Harding. Maybe he believes Hackett won't be ready next year and wants to resign Harding longer term to keep him on after Backstrom is gone and Hackett can come up. Maybe he's giving the "GM" answer to a hard question. If it's the former, I think it's not a bad move if Hackett really won't be ready next year.

Fletcher had some interesting comments on not trading Harding. Maybe he believes Hackett won't be ready next year and wants to resign Harding longer term to keep him on after Backstrom is gone and Hackett can come up. Maybe he's giving the "GM" answer to a hard question. If it's the former, I think it's not a bad move if Hackett really won't be ready next year.

I really wouldn't mind keeping Harding and going with him and Hackett down the road. Hackett may be ready or maybe not, he seems ready but he is still plenty young so no reason to rush him. Next season is Backstroms last year of his contract so that opens up some options for us.

]I thought gilbert was tiger.

Shultz was just bad gilberts gonna help the power play. And shooting from the point

I dont think schultz was necessarily bad, just a VERY defensive defensmen. He sure wasnt worth near the $ the wild were paying him though.

They were in a tough position. With Backstrom at the last yr of his contract, and Hackett maybe not ready next year, plus the tough market for goalies. I woulda like to see Harding go. The problem I have with him is his inconsistency. He will look like a god one night and then the biggest sieve the next. Too streaky, and the bad play usually last longer then the great play.

I will be surprised if the Wild don't make a big pickup or 2 in the offseason.

CF is now set with the cap space to make some moves this summer. Should be interesting.

Anyone know what the salary cap implications are if PMB retires?? I doubt he will play again, at least not for the Wild anyway.

If he retires, I don't think we pay him the full amount. I don't know what the fraction is though. I still can't believe Bogosian didn't get suspended for that hit.

YES! Parise please. Suter...I don't know much about him. BTW, the average age on our D line is something like 24. Maybe Lidstrom would like to come over and even that out a bit grin

Suter is good but I checked and it is estimating he will command like $8Mil/yr in a contract. I like him but I don't think he is worth that. I'll take Parise over him at this point.

Another guy I like is Jiri Hudler. So far he's got 20G 19A on the year and he's only 28. He is only 5-9 178 so he may be a bit on the smaller side but he hasn't seem to have had too much of an injury problem the last few years.

No defenseman is worth 8mil a year. That's insane. The only guy that comes close to that is Lidstrom about 8 years ago.

Hudler played in the KHL last year (maybe 2 years ago) I thought. Makes you wonder what his reliability is. Also, we've got enough small defensemen. That will hurt in the playoffs when things get physical.

Don't want to start any big rumors, but....for all you parise fans out there. A buddy of mine was at the wild game a couple weeks ago and they were talking about parise coming to the wild, long sorry short, the guy behind them said Zach just bought a house in Osseo. They all laughed and asked how he knew this and the media didnt yet? The guy then introduced his wife next to him who was the realtor that sold it! Maybe there is more to this than we know.

Take it for what its worth. It would be fun to have him in a wild jersey!!

Gilbert was a Badger...great, now we've got two of them shocked I feel sorry for the other Minnesotans in that locker room.

Sounds like Gilbert is dressing tonight. We'll see what we're getting pretty soon.

Parise has always had a house here. Just bought a new one is all. Was in the interview he did with PA a few weeks back.

Latest conspiracy theory that's going around. Gilbert played for bucky with Suter and youth hockey with Parise. Was he picked up to help entice one or both?

What a story that would be a kid coming from the DUMPS "NoDak" and finally making it big if he comes to the Wild... smile J/K

Parise is in orono, its no secret. I've also heard he's not real hot about playing here. Id have to bo him. Is parise a game changer? I honestly havnt seen him play in a long time. There is still better and cheaper guys out there. It will be fun to see how it shakes out. Also sounds like jersey wants to hang on to him

I like the schultz\gilbert trade because I think schultz had reached his ceiling about 3-5 years ago. THis year he has definately regressed. Gilbert can, allegedly, move the puck out of the defensive zone. That we need. Our d-guys(zids, schultz, falk, zanon) routinely chip the puck off the glass right to the other teams defense. Now that we have got rid of the expensive older "chippers" we should see breakout improvement....right....

I was reading on the Oilers message board that Gilbert is prone to turning the puck over on the breakout. Hopefully that was a problem with his forwards not helping him out. I think our forwards back check better that edmontons.

Time will tell.