• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

I think it's a real problem when it comes to their casual fan base. People don't mind losing as much when they put out a good effort. When they take the night off, people will stop watching.

If I were Craig Leopold, I would not be happy with this at all.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

They don't have any leaders and they are still a team pleagued by injuries and call ups. Just like last season, if they would stay even remotely healthy, they will make the playoffs. Heatley is hot and cold, Setoguchi has been very quite and I think he needs all stars on his line to make him better. And to top it off our goalies are letting in some soft goals. Hopefully Koivu and lots of home games will get them going, they had a brutal road schedule the past month. If they can go 500 or better for the next couple weeks and then peak and make a playoff run, what more can we ask for?

Heatley and the gooch, not sure if they played with the best big man passer in the league in Thornton, speaking of thornton I bet he's glad Eric Lindros retired, Lindros still has some face meat on his fist from just throttleing yee olde Boston Bruin Captain. Joe Thornton that is. Speaking of thornton's that Shawn Thornton pounded a non-fighter the other night, nice big fella nice. Anyway, let's go Wild, get in there boys, let Todd Richards snicker on the bench last night pitiful.

So did anyone listen to the mike yeo press conference after the game. That was one ticked off coach. Said his team has stunk for 2 months. They have no effort and feels his practices can't fix the problem. He mockedthem for trying to outskill teams when we don't have the skill to do it. Sounds like yeo knows what the problem is, but doesn't know how to get his team to do it. I wonder if we have a divided lockeroom. He did say he is very happy ith kiovu, heater, and seto. He did not mention anyone else looking good.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is asking for trades. He needs a shake up and wants gritty guys.

No kidding. Honestly, it wouldn't shock me too much to see a core guy get traded if we can get something good in return, just to send a message through the locker room.

At least Yeo's a coach who will call out his players for a carppy performance unlike TR, who just made excuses. Hopefully he can get things moving in the right direction again.

The more I hear Yeo talk the more I like him, he pretty much nailed it, no way we are going to out-skill Vancouver.

Yeo is having a few Minnesota Coaching nightmares. We're a bit of a mess right now, watch we were #1 for awhile, won't make the playoffs and out of the blue with an unknown Ricky Rubio the wolves will get in. Haven't seen the wild lately, but I've seen them failing some in the physical department.

They waived Stuabits. It was about time. He didn;t contribute much offensively or physically and wasn't great defensively

We need those Cam Neely, I mention this because I'm wearing his jersey right now, adam graves, owen nolan, Jarome Iginla types, or the defenseman types like Ken Daneyko or Scott Stevens etc. I know they are few and far between but guys that can play and handle themselves physically so you don't have 4th liners that if you make the playoffs will be scratched anyway. Can't really waste a spot on the bench for too many heavyweights or light heavy's like Staubitz that tend to get a bad minus rating. Not a pretty sight when Vancouver beats us in our building and Byron Bitz is making a highlight reel pass setting up a goal and Clutter finally forgetting about the 2 beatings Steve Ott laid on him a few years back and having a dude named maxim work ya over, clutter got plenty of body shots in, but couldn't reach the coconut with his short arms, he should watch Tie Domi film.

They waived Stuabits. It was about time. He didn;t contribute much offensively or physically and wasn't great defensively

I remember reading about Stuabits when we picked him up, dumb penalties was his thing and I'd say he lived up to them. We really didn't need him, no offense in his game and big K does a better job when the gloves come off.

100% agree Bear55, Kassian is a beast. The only problem is getting people to stop running away from him laugh He's much better on the penalty side, too.

kassian is a pretty decent skater and not bad with his stick either!! much better all around player than Staubitz in my opinion!! Brad just semmed to have a screw loose or something!!

They should have moved Staubitz a long time ago, Kassian was ready for the big club last year, Staubitz was supposed to be the guy who runs around laying huge hits and when someone takes a shot at one of our players, he was supposed to run over and force them to drop the gloves, this year he didn't do that and the only time he would fight is when we were down by a goal or 2 to try and get the team going.

Now we have a real enforcer! Boll tonight, Parros Tues, Thorburn Thurs and the Reeves on Sat, ALL GUYS THAT RUN OUR PLAYERS AND THEN WOULD HAVE PICKED APART STAUBITZ..

I didn't get to see it, but caught Yeo's interview. Sounds like they played ok, but Mason was hot. Oh well. I was on the fence about if they would make it to the playoffs this year anyway. It's getting to that time of year where the teams that are out of it start getting dangerous for some reason. Good to see Seto got two in two.

Looking forward to next year when Granlund is up...man, it seems like I've said that before crazy Hopefully the guys that come up next year make a difference. Really, it might take a year or two before they can get up to NHL speed. Larsson, Brodin, Granlund, Zucker and Coyle maybe the next year. Should be fun.

I was listening to a show this morning saying they get 17M in cap space after next year. That's sounding like a top end FA is a real possibility.

They actually played pretty good tonight. The effort and chances were there. Mason has had a terrible yr, and for some reason played out of his mind tonight. All 3 of Columbus' goals were scored with under 2 min left in the period. Those are killer.

They actually played pretty good tonight. The effort and chances were there. Mason has had a terrible yr, and for some reason played out of his mind tonight. All 3 of Columbus' goals were scored with under 2 min left in the period. Those are killer.

all three were under 1 minute.

last was a open net goal, with a lucky bounce. goal number 2 was a power play goal.

wild had only 1 power play, to 4 for columbus.

They were all under a minute, I wasn't sure of the second period one. That sucks. As of the penalties you can thank Powe for those.

I thought the effort was a bit better last night as well. Just couldn't get any past Mason...the Wild had good chances, though. We'll see if we get the same effort against the Ducks and Jets...need to start getting some points in the standings here.

No lack of chances, a lack of finishing, thats for sure.

WE no longer get the bouces that we got in the first few months.

Our defense is pretty brutal in terms of playing physical and being able handle and move the puck. I was looking over the stats of the Houston Aeros and noticed Chay Genoway is the leading D scorer. If I remember right he was a puck moving d-man. I think he is kinda smallish but so is spurgeon. Not to mention the WCHA has produced quite a few good D-men recently. Just wondering why they don't give him some playing time with the big squad?

Spurgy is pretty solid in his own end, I don't think Genoway is anywhere near that level yet and may never be. Plus two small guys on D is asking for trouble, even if they are good in the offensive zone.

Lose 2 to Todd Richards hurts a bit, watching him snickering, I can see 1 loss to them but 2 I can't. Here comes the stretch run, we need a run.

Lose 2 to Todd Richards hurts a bit, watching him snickering, I can see 1 loss to them but 2 I can't. Here comes the stretch run, we need a run.

You saw that too? I was hoping it was a bad dream.

Sorry guys but this season is over!! I love the Wild but to try and cheer for a team that scores 1 goal a game is almost impossible!! Time to start moving some veterans and keep the original 2 to 3 year plan going with all the young talent coming up!! I just need to have some Patience I guess but Minnesota fans deserve better than this product!

We are 5 points out of the 8th spot. Right now, we are projected to get 85 points. We 37 out of a possible 52 points wot get to 95 (a safe playoff number), which means 18.5 wins out of out next 27 games. That is a tall order, especially for a team as offensively challenged as we are.

I don't think we are making it. Here's to being a seller wink

Still plenty of hope for a playoff spot, we need some 2nd and 3rd line guys to pick it up, they have been far too quiet lately. Heatley has been great the past month, Seto has picked it up as late too. PMB and Lats being out has really hurt us, Cullen is also pulling another late season disappearing act.

Time for Cullen to go...

Russo bloged that NJ is interested in a trade for Zidlicky and that Z will waive is no trade clause. Hopefully we get something in return but at least it clears up 4m in payroll for next year.