• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MarCum LX-3 Test Report

CNY Tim

Question

I caught 7 keeper crappies 10 - 13.5" and kept a dozen nice gills and 3 big perch. Caught alot of small perch today. 5" any where we walked on the lake with 4" of snow on top. We fished 8' to 16' best depth was 15'. Crappie were riding at about 10' along with the nicer gills. You had to keep it off the bottom on that lake or you'll get nailed with dink perch. Not a great trip as far as bluegill action but it was great to use my MarCum and we can fish close with Vexilars and no problems 1 I.R. off, 1 on I.R and one on I.R. plus one no problems. I had the zoom on 10' when I was fishin 15' and it was awesome. Funny seeing your jig and fish on both sides of the screen. Gotta train my eyes a little more to stay on the left side. What the zoom feature allowed me to do was keep the bait away from the smaller fish and the decent gills and crappies when they popped on the zoom I thought they were bass or pike, awesome machine. I am glad it's compatable with Vexilars that was a big issue.

• Answers 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• CNY Tim

• Dano2

• Cyberfish

• Mykal

Top Posters For This Question

We hit em good day today Rob and I had 56 nice perch between 11 - 12 .5" and Rob caught a nice 21" walleye. Fished 36' off a pressure crack

Still love my Marcum, it has performed flawlessly this whole winter.

Anyway, does Marcum make a transducer or some kind of bracket that you can mount the ducer to your bow mount trolling moter?

Dont have the trolling moter yet, haven't been able to afford one until now,
FINALLY

thanks

Dano 2 - MarCum is monitoring this site according to the email I got from Paul so he will read your request. Everything is in the works and the LX-3 is working great.

Tyler and I hammered the perch today we caught 59 slobs in the same spot we caught em the other day. Early in the morning we were marking fish 6' off the bottom in 37' of water and they were coming up to 9' off to hit our spoons. My son had to take his zoom off his 18 cause they were coming out of his zoom range but not mine. We hit em on buckshot rattle spoons, forage minnows and hali's. Got my van stuck in the mud but my friend Dark Cloud and his Dad saved the day. Got sunburned on my face pretty good but well worth it. Ice is melting a little there was an 1" of water on top...

Suffice it to say it will probably be my last ice fishing report for the season but a good one it was . Rob and I caught 69 perch today. The shoreline was going away about 4-6' where we got on between North Bay and Jewel. The top is 3-5" of slush puppy ice...
The MarCum performed wonderfully again. I enjoyed reporting to you all season on this unit and enjoyed the friendships and feed back sessions... It's been fun... I'll check in from time to time. Take care and stay on top.
I have 36 jumbo perch to fillet. Those of you that still have ice, I'm jealous... Be safe!

CNY Tim, You seem to know alot about the Marcum unit. Do you work for them or sponsored by them? It seems like your looking for something in return from them?

Just checking in...
Ordered some jigs, sweatshirt, etc. from this site yesterday. Also sent my FL-18 in for the version 2 upgrade as well. My buddy's Dad had the same problem with his FL-18 on the same lake with his zoom jumping up for no reason, he's gonna send his in too. Should be all set for next season. CNY Bruce and Gidzit just ordered there MarCum LX-3's for next ice season.
Getting ready for the walleye opener here...

Still nothing on the transducers.
I see at the site though, that they are coming out with one of them viewing type deels like vex has that keeps the sun off the display.

Its getting too close for comfort now.
I need to find out what options I have for a transducer for my LX3, or i guess its time to find a used FL-8 or 18.

I want to hook it up to my trolling moter,
I cant see it being to hard to come up with something soon.

Anyone else hear anything from Marcum latley?

Dano 2 - Geez I am sorry, I forgot to ask him, doh! I will have an answer shortly.

Dano
I see on their web page they show a puck style transducer this is the best kind to put on the trolling motor. The also have a high speed one as well that most guys would mount of the transom of the boat. There are brackets out there that will allow you to mount one of these to your trolling motor though. They just show pictures I am not sure if you can order them or if it is a future item deal.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

Any idea if marcum sells the swivel base?
I see they have a picture on the box, but it says not included.
thanks

[This message has been edited by Dano2 (edited 04-17-2003).]

Dano 2: The puck kit for use with a trolling motor includes: 20 degree puck transducer, power cord, & gimbal bracket. This allows you to leave the Ice System intact except for the powerhead & gimbal knobs. The high speed kit includes the same parts except the ducer is a wedge shaped transducer with metal mounting hardware for external transom mount

Cabela's, Mills Fleet Farm, Gander Mountain, Thorne Bros, are all locations that stock transducers. MarCum can also process the order for $55.00 plus $4.50 freight. Check needs to be mailed to MarCum Technologies. The puck transducer is attached with a large stainless steel hose clamp purchased at any local hardware, automotive, or marine dealership. Motors are different diameters so they let the consumer decide how large of a stainless clamp they need to fit their situation.
If you have any more questions let me know.

When ordering stuff from MarCum direct send it too.
MarCum Technologies, 6871 97th St. NE, Monticello, MN 55362

Dano 2- I sent your past question in too.

They don't sell the swivel base. It is a standard Johnny Ray swivel. You should be able to find a model that fits the gimbal bracket.