• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FIRE FRAZIER!!

broodwich

How about if the Vikings hire a GM instead of laying all this on Frasier? They have no one at the rudder and Frasier is trying to make a vase out of cow dung! Not saying he will work out as a head coach, but sheesh... what do those in charge think he was going to pull off with these guys? You think any top 10 coach could take these guys to a playoff appearance?

Get someone in the front office to draft / trade for/ aquire on the market players for a 'system' and then lay into the coach if he doesn't make things happen. Throwing names on jerseys with no rhyme or reason will give you the 2011 MN Vikings!

Good Luck!

Ken

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• reinhard1

• zepman

• MuleShack

I don't understand the "fire Frazier" mentality. The guy has done nothing egregiously wrong for his first year. In fact, for not having a true offseason and inheriting a mess, he's done pretty well. Minnesotans gave Tice much more time and he took a playoff contender and turned the Vikings into a mediocre team. If Frazier were making huge coaching mistakes I could understand firing him after one year. Firing a guy because the fan base can't accept how bad the team really is, seems ridiculous.

I don't understand the "fire Frazier" mentality.

Impatience, the instant gratification of online 24/7 Monday morning quarterbacking, and 40 years of . . . well . . . you know.

It'll take the whole offseason and all of next season to even get a read on how he's doing. Too many needs on the Vikes to turn it all around for next year.

I disagree about being too late for next year. Lot's of needs, no doubt but with a solid off-season of signings and the high draft choices we're heading for...anything can happen.

I think it's more important who they release this off-season than anything. Hutchinson and Winfield have to go bye-bye...way too much $$$ being spent on these guys and we'll need that money to sign a wide-out and other younger lineman and/or d-backs.

The Vikes have had chances to win almost every game they've played this year...barring a few blow-outs. Ponder will be the key going forward...if he's good they can turn it around in a short period of time. If he's not, well...it could be a decade like the Lions just had.

They need to remove the entire oline and start over. They would look a whole lot better if they had more than 1/2 second to make a play. And they need to figure out how to stop the pass.

How about if the Vikings hire a GM instead of laying all this on Frasier?

brilliant.

how long have we had the current decision makers in place?

We are 0 in the superbowl dept. I wouldn't jump Leslie yet, yea I don't like his name either but if the guys like him, word will spread, and may get a few more free agents in here hopefully at the right time to make a run.

You have to give a guy a chance for a couple seasons before you can fire him, half way through his first year is to early,

Some people made the same argument for Brewster too and look how that turned out...

Two reason to give him another year - as I see it

1. Coaching the Vikings is probably not on many of the championship caliber coach's bucket list

2. Gaining the reputation as a coaches graveyard will make #1. more so

"The Vikings will host the Denver Broncos next Sunday at the Metrodome. Remember, the game has been moved from CBS to FOX. As of last week, the team had more than 5,000 tickets to sell to avoid a local television blackout."

The Viks are falling apart, if anything ya'll can tune in to the Packer game. wink

Never in the history of televised NFL games has a network decided not to broadcast a game...and then Denver vs. Minnesota happened.

Quote:
The Viks are falling apart, if anything ya'll can tune in to the Packer game. wink

In spite of my chuckling, I find that to be a very insensitive comment! laughlaughlaugh

I tell my vikes fan friends, "I'm not a Vikings hater. I hope they get second in the division...right behind the Pack! We sensitive, caring types are like that, you know!

Not trying to hijack this, the blackout thing is for real, it's a gardnered policy written by the NFL and networks have no control over it if the team can't make the ticket sales. Politically it's trying to be fought as we speak, as it is detrimental to financially struggling teams. With the Vikes having their own problems with the stadium lease ordeal, blackouts are the last thing they need.

I'm reading all about how Frazier should be fired and then I glance down on the my my screen and I'm seeing a chick modeling Bad Idea T-shirts. Neuf said.

Coaching has cost us at least 1/2 of the losses this year. The Frazier honeymoon is officially over after this week. He's got to go.

three runs in a row up the middle certainly tells me whoever called those plays has to go along with some offensive line players. not ready to climb on the fire Frazier train yet. however his calm demeanor on the sidelines is getting old. you would think he would climb out of that shell once in awhile and pep talk the players at times. i stopped listning to his press conferences. boring, same answeres to the same questions. might as well record one and not show up and play them over and over. could AP have made one of those three play a TD? Frazier just doesn't have the players right now so i give him some slack on that point. good luck.

Certainly not defending fraziers play calling... (is he calling the Offense or is Musgrave? They were poor play choices, but in the end who actually called them...

Also I can see how everyone here wants Frazier fired with the plethora of talent he has to work with... stuck at two wins is totally unexceptable... when he has a solid O line... experience at the QB, incredible D backs and deep in recievers... yep! the play calling is the problem, not the execution or the missed assignments.

What coach in the NFL today would have this team of misfits at 5 wins or more?

SHEESH!

GO PACK!

Ken

Just a few months ago we were told this team had plenty of talent and was only a couple of years removed from a NFC championship game...

Yeah, I didn't buy it either.

Just a few months ago we were told this team had plenty of talent and was only a couple of years removed from a NFC championship game...

Yeah, I didn't buy it either.

I just find it funny how bad this organization is at recognizing what is and isn't talent. It must be such a toss of the dice when teams draft, and/or when they sign game changing ex-chicago bear wide receivers. Yeah even a blind squirrel gets lucky once in a while - with Adrian Peterson, but then they also go and spend tons of money on him when he only can do one thing (running) great, meanwhile his lack of blocking takes him off the field in 3rd downs, thus limiting the playbook and telegraphing passing 3rd downs. Can't wait to see what washes up on shore for next years signings....

except one of the plays worked and harvin scored. they just never challenged it.

It did look like it, but whether or not that's the way the challenge would have ended up we'll never know.

The announcers talked about having Harvin and Rudolph on the sidelines when they needed a score and took a FG instead.

No one can stick with DeMaryius Thomas apparently.

I thought that was a brilliant call to throw that interception at the end of the game to guarantee a #2 draft pick gringrin

I was wondering what they were thinking by trying to win. Then I seen it all came in to place, and they pulled away with a good loss. laugh