• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FIRE FRAZIER!!

broodwich

We have Percy and Rudolph on the sideline because the team wants to lose out for a better draft pick, same reason they told Ponder to just throw a Int and get that game over with.

Franchise left tackle here we come!! I have a feeling we'll be drafting #3 or #4 though.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• reinhard1

• zepman

• MuleShack

Of course he's going to be here next year. You can't fire a coach after really only 1 season when he has a rookie QB, and had no off season to prepare his guys. For sure Frazier made some mistakes throughout the season but its the lack of talent on the field that put us at 2-10.

Also we are still paying Childress and if you fire Frazier you'd still have to pay him, plus you'd have to pay whoever you hired. Not many owners want to pay 3 head coaches at the same time. And then of course if the next guy doesn't turn it around in 1 year then do you fire him as well? In the name of consistency you'd probably have to, that means you'd be paying 3 or 4 coaches again.

I, for one, am fine with keeping Frazier another year...I was just stating that the decision had been already made, not arguing against it. Unlike most people that keep an eye on this thread, I'm not on the "Fire Frazier" wagon at all--so I guess I am just trolling smile.

I just think that having no pre-season, key injuries, a terrible secondary and a sub-par O-line, taking a chance on a veteran QB that didn't pan out, and then transitioning to a rookie QB was too much for anyone to handle. There are no coaches, working or recently retired, that would have done a whole lot better in this situation... I have said it before and will own up to it again...I thought McNabb could come in and manage the game while mentoring Ponder, but he didn't do that. So what was Frazier to do? Throw in a rookie QB with no experience and no training camp and hope the pieces fit? That was his only choice, and he made it. This was a rebuilding year and had little chance of being much else.

They should have made this a demolition year! Maybe lay a foundation year next year and possibly start re-building after that....

Of course all this would require an architect and whom would that be?...

Good Luck

Ken

Frazier may be back but his ENTIRE defensive staff should and will be gone.

They were still Chilly's guys for the most part.

Looking from my tv in my garage, the same tv ive watched many seasons of vikings football. I see a team with ALOT of talent that keeps making the same mistakes yr after yr. I also see a secondary that yr after yr is terrible. I see linebackers that never make big plays, again yr after yr. I see our first yr qb that cant throw a medium deep sideline route without the rainbow effect. To me, someone besides the coach has to be accountable for the teams we have. Sure fire the coach, but where does that get us. We need a gm and place the burden on him to build a franchise like evry other team and sport has. If he sucks, fire him.

Boy coaches take a lot of heat. Like we're superbowl bound next year without him. We can't even sniff the pack at this point and they have 0 running game, it's all about a healthy stud QB and there isn't many of them out there, lucking out like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson days are over.

Boy coaches take a lot of heat. Like we're superbowl bound next year without him. We can't even sniff the pack at this point and they have 0 running game, it's all about a healthy stud QB and there isn't many of them out there, lucking out like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson days are over.

Dilfer? Lucky??

We'll be lucky to keep Jared on the team if the Vike's continue to push KC-esque seasons. The Vikes need help building franchise players with the QB and the defensive secondary. Hiring old, vet QB's has never really payed out for anyone and could only serve as a stop-gap.

Look at Rodgers. He had a few years to study Favre and prove the stud he was. Ponder had...well nothing but turmoil. The game will slow down for him once he has confidence he has time to read the play (and the O line needs to give him that time).

The Vikes are still a good team with good talent despite their record. They are not a team as transparent as the Colts (that proved fish rot from the head, down) and have been been close in many games.

The Vikings are 2-10, they do not have a good team. They have an all world RB that can't catch and a very good DE.

They need a ton of work at most positions.

I don't think it is fair to judge Fraziers coaching skills with this awful team, nobody could coach them to wins.

If my math is correct, and it usually is, Ponder is on pace to break crush Favre's interception record in 57 less games than Favre played.

taking all things in consideration, what does this say about Detroit? the Vike's are one touch away from beating this team after giving them the points. well, the Vike's came back and didn't give up. yes the Vike's gave Detroit the game through mistakes but Detroit is not a playoff team this year. Webb did fine for the time he had today. gave the Lions a scare right down to the last face mask. good luck.

Ponder does not appear to be the answer.

Man, he gave the ball away way too much even for a rookie. I thought he may have been on Detroit's side the 1st quarter the way he played.

I would start Webb next week and give the guy a chance to show his skills.

The Vikes have nothing to lose.

haveing the ball knocked out of your hands when you cant see the defender is one thing but those interceptions are another. this is the third time he made the same pass for the interception with the same play. you would think by now he would learn from that. i think they will play Ponder again next week. at this point they are looking at all their players, who are putting out 100%. i like the effort the Vike's made in the second half. and for the threads title, they are not going to fire Frazier and that has been confirmed. good luck.

Ponder does not appear to be the answer.

Man, he gave the ball away way too much even for a rookie. I thought he may have been on Detroit's side the 1st quarter the way he played.

I would start Webb next week and give the guy a chance to show his skills.

The Vikes have nothing to lose.

Yea lets pick up a guy 12th overall in the draft expecting him to be the franchise quarterback, and pull him after what was his 10th game? or whatever it is. Yea he's been struggling latley, but you gotta keep him in there to learn and be better the next time he gets in that situation. Better yet lets put in Webb who is a freak athlete, but has no future as a good nfl quarterback. But hey he's fun to watch right? yea lets go with Webb crazy

Ponder also has to learn that if you throw int, you get benched. He has showed some signs that he could be the guy. Time will tell. Frazier lost all his leadership ability and credibility when he let the people he was leading dictate what he was going to do, sorry Leslie leadership is EVERYTHING, you have to GO.

I still say this game says more about Detroit than Minnesota. This is going to go down as the worst Viking football team in an over 50 year existence. Detroit still hasn't found out how to win, at least this week it wasn't boneheaded penalties, it was discipline penalties. As a Vikings fan, at least it was interesting to see the team come back after Ponder spotted them 24. 11 losses, 7 by under 7? Have a good draft and they'll be competitive again. The trouble is this "braintrust" has not drafted well after Round 1.

Schmitty

The reason I would have played Webb over Ponder is Ponder is not 100% after his injury. There is not a QB except maybe Farve than can play well enough to win recovering from a injury.

Why play a player still sore and I believe the hip pointer issue did not help either. Play a healthy Webb and maybe you do better and your #1 QB can get 100% healthy, just like Adrain is doing.

We were not playing for a spot in the play offs.

In the long run, it's better we lost anyways as just maybe we can get higher with our draft picks by playing so poorly.

For anyone who thinks Ponder is a lost cause beause he's thrown some picks, get a little perspective. Peyton Manning threw 28 INT as a rookie. Aikman had 9 TD and 18 INT. Carson Palmer had 18 INT. Eli Manning had 6 TD and 9 INT in his 9 games.

Just as it's too early to say Ponder is the franchise QB we've needed for years, it's WAY too early to write him off.

taking all things in consideration, what does this say about Detroit? the Vike's are one touch away from beating this team after giving them the points. well, the Vike's came back and didn't give up. yes the Vike's gave Detroit the game through mistakes but Detroit is not a playoff team this year. Webb did fine for the time he had today. gave the Lions a scare right down to the last face mask. good luck.

Lions will be a playoff team.

Keep in mind today they had 3 starters out in the secondary, not to mention Suh, Fairley, and Jackson out on the defensive line. They were also missing their top 3 running backs (at times anyways) with injuries. Just like the Vikings secondary has sucked, because of injuries.

I was more concerned with the defensive playcalling and adjustment to Webb in the game than anything

You're right, Detroit is a playoff team at least they're in the drivers seat with a 1 game lead on Chicago and at least 1 game on the Giants.

Frazier: Ponder still No. 1 QB

I must have missed any part in today's game where Ponder was better than Webb. Wait, I guess Ponder was batting .500 for a while there. 2 turnovers in 4 snaps. I guess that is pretty impressive.

Webb breaks a record that was previously held by Fran Tarkenton, and you're still so bullheaded you can't think outside of Ponder for the starting QB? If Peterson can't play next week, I probably won't watch.

Edit: I really loved how enthusiastic Ponder got after Webb ran for that touchdown. It's called a team sport, kid. You can't get upset when one of your teammates does better than you.

We had them right where we wanted them today...

If we wanted to score (and win) we could have, but frazier called the perfect play to roll out left (instead of right which is Webb's strength) and take the face mask that didn't get called.

We showed we have the come back ability, but yet we didn't blow our chances for a high draft pick. Genius!! grin

Easy guys...Ponder was hurt and didn't take a snap all week long in practice. He played hurt with a bum hip which wouldn't allow him to turn or roll out effectively.

Let's face it...the refs did us a good service today by not making that face-mask call on the last play. It just assures us a higher draft pick.

I like Webb...always have. I hope the Vikes keep him in the mix. He certainly adds another dimension to defend.

oh yes they will be a playoff team, but not this year. yes they were banged up a bit,[ Vike's were'nt exactly healthy also] but a playoff bound team doesn't let a team behind by 3 touch's at one point come to within one play of winning. i thought Suh was playing yesterday. could be wrong. good luck.

A lot of what it comes down to is bad teams find a way to lose and good team find a way to win. Not saying Detroit is a good team but it is all to apparent the Vikes neither have the players or the coaching staff to have a winning team. From a coaching standpoint the offensive play calling is terrible, they don't seem to have confidence in the players and the offensive scheme is too predictable. On the players side, especially the defense, the players seem to lack either the knowledge or athletic ability to execute the defensive schemes. Too many players turning around and looking at each other after routine plays being made against them. You could see Ponder was less than 100% out there and Frazier left him in way too long before pulling him. That's a coaches job to analyze players before a game and not just hear from the player that he's good to go. There are a lot of problems with this current team that is going to take quite a while to remedy I'm afraid.

We had them right where we wanted them today...

If we wanted to score (and win) we could have, but frazier called the perfect play to roll out left (instead of right which is Webb's strength) and take the face mask that didn't get called.

We showed we have the come back ability, but yet we didn't blow our chances for a high draft pick. Genius!! grin

Exactly! Again this week, I thought for a minute there they were going to blow the loss, and come out with the win. It is a good thing we have good coaching, and they prevented the tragic win from happening.

does anyone know for sure - if they called the facemask, would we have kept the ball? or would it have been tacked on at the end of the lion's recovery?