• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Joe Mauer

fishersofmen

Oh there is zero doubt about it. Both Mauer and Morneau were juicing for at least a few years. Bodies were very noticeably bigger and stronger (Morneau especially) and numbers off the charts. A lot of players got off the juice within the last few years when $hit started to hit the fan.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RumRiverRat

• B. Amish

• JBMasterAngler

• greebs

RumRiverRat

Mauer is batting a mediocre .277 or something now.

He has been mediocre at best at First base.

thatoneguy

Oh there is zero doubt about it. Both Mauer and Morneau were juicing for at least a few years. Bodies were very noticeably bigger and stronger (Morneau especially) and numbers off the charts. A lot of players got off the juice within the last few years when $hit started to hit the fan.

Thanks for the lols.

toughguy

agree with the lol. Most men are in better shape at 25 than they are at 31 even if they work out every day.

fishersofmen

Naive.

P.S Most men gain weight as they get older not the opposite. Also most baseball players are in their prime at age 30.

Did you see how big Justin Morneau was during that mvp year? Yeah he decided to loose a bunch of weight in his late 20's thinking it would help his game after an mvp season.

Believe what you want. It is well known that far more mlb players were using than the public could possibly imagine. If you think your precious Joe is too much of an awe shucks guy to do what everyone else was doing that's fine.

Please explain his mvp numbers and all the home runs for the one season? He has how many home runs this year 2? LMAO Oh yeah its just a mental thing...

Wake up.

JBMasterAngler

Don't forget he put up those MVP numbers after missing the 1st month of the season whistle

blue_healer_guy

you can no longer say mvp and mauer. its like peanut butter and peppers.

not_nuf_time

My opinion of guys that do roids (my op really means nothing ask the secretary at my work), is they should go to jail for theft. He just stole 15 million $/yr from Pollad and the fans. Then back down to mediocre. Stealing plain and simple. Worst of all they know they're doing it for the dollars then they leave their employer with not getting what they paid for. Pathetic. Think about it, no way would he get over 10 mill/yr if it weren't for that one year. "Twins will never fork out that again for a career year player", kfan guest.

fishersofmen

Look at Ryan Braun. Not a massive guy by any means and he got busted. Had an MVP year too. Nobody on the planet thought this guy was a user especially after he had come out condemning it. Mauer and Morneau are just lucky they never got caught. But at least they got paid.

A line occurred to me the other day: Now that he's a first baseman, if the over/under was set at 1 for the number of all-star games Mauer makes the rest of his career, what would you take? I think I'd lean towards the under.

As a 1b he's going to need to do much more to be an all star than as a catcher.

Not sure about him juicing but do question it om Morneau. He seems an awful lot skinnier than he was when he was having the big years. Not to take anything away but until the concussions Justin was on pace to be in running for best ever as a Twin.

Mauer was never on "roids"...you need to actually lift weights and work-out for them to do any good as far as power is concerned. Mauer has been on record of NOT EVER being a work-out warrior. (See bi-lateral leg weakness)

Look at Joe...he has skinny arms and his shoulders don't fill out his jersey. They never have.

Joe is just "soft"...in all aspects. Mental toughness, leadership, and IMO, his physical shape as well.

Twins need to cut their ties with Joe now....the contract, the expectations, and more importantly, the "face" of the franchise. He is living up to none of the above anymore.....

These young guys remind me of the '87 team. Joe has NO place on this team going forward. His contract will hold this team back for a decade and I think every body feels the same way.

Get what you can for him and move on...23 Million can buy a lot of pitching for these young guys moving forward.

Mauer is NOT THE FUTURE!!

zep,

The main problem is finding someone who would be willing to take on that contract.........I can't think of many teams. I guess maybe the Yankees........they have lots of money and like to throw it away on occasion.

mrklean

Any team that would trade for Mauer would expect the Twins to pay a nice chunk of the massive contract and we all know the Pohlad's wont do that. Tough to give $20+ million to an under performing 1st baseman who cant hit for power

aanderud

If he went to another team who needs some base hits, maybe they're willing to pay something midrange -- I don't know off the top of my head I'll just say 13 mil. The twins pay the other 10 mil, they're still saving 13 million per year. The twins can then spend that on pitching and be in a better position (IMHO) than they are now.

the twins aren't going to pay somenoe 10 million a year to play for another team. let's get real. they barely pay anyone 10 million a year to play for them!!

the twins aren't going to pay somenoe 10 million a year to play for another team. let's get real. they barely pay anyone 10 million a year to play for them!!

Plus Joe has a no trade clause in his contract... he isn't going anywhere until his contract is up and then he will retire.

They have enough money now and still don't spend even it they get rid of his contract things will not change. They make little moves but never a big move .

fishersofmen

The problem is there are plenty of players that are making 5 million a year and putting up better numbers than he is. His numbers are absolutely horrible. He is overpaid around 20 mil per year Lol.

walleyeman1

after last night he is batting .254 and his slugging % is a whopping .325.

Mauer was never on "roids"...you need to actually lift weights and work-out for them to do any good as far as power is concerned. Mauer has been on record of NOT EVER being a work-out warrior. (See bi-lateral leg weakness)

Look at Joe...he has skinny arms and his shoulders don't fill out his jersey. They never have.

Joe is just "soft"...in all aspects. Mental toughness, leadership, and IMO, his physical shape as well.

+1 and add POOR EYESIGHT. IMO he is not seeing the ball rotation anymore, just swinging at a spot and not swinging aggressively or confidently.

blue_healer_guy

Its all water under the bridge now, but some stat guy says with mauers current stats vs all players in the league, his salary should be at 650,000 vs 23 million. ouch.

fishersofmen

Did he just get his 16th RBI and we are almost at the half way point in the season.... sick

This guy is a disaster right now.

My opinion, this guy is a bum and its got to be the worst investment the Twins organization has ever made...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...