• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Green Bay Packers, YODTT

snoozebutton

It'll be sad to see him go, but they'll be free of Clifton's contract after this season. No matter what they do, they'll have to start letting a few of these great players go in the next year or two because they've been so successful that you just can't afford to keep them all.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

5 and 0!!!! Nice adjustments in the 2nd half by both the offense and the defense.

Next 2 weeks we've got the Rams and the Vikings. 7 and 0 before the bye? Sounds good to me.

Not a pretty start, but a great rally. Its not how you start but how you finish!!!

Don't want to jinx them, but there is an interesting stat out there about the Pack starting 5-0, 5 times in the past.

Clifton went out with a hamstring injury - no word yet on the severity of it. However, much better news than if it was one of his knees. Newhouse moved to LT and Sherrod came in at RT. Both were shaky at first, but got better as the game went on. Good to see the young guys improving and that we have some depth. Bulaga should be back in the next game or two - he wanted to play last night but was held out by the doctors.

I think that the every Packer fan was sweating when they had to put Sherrod into the game. He looked atrocious in the preseason - hence his not even being active on game days until Bulaga got hurt. Now he came in, got some help from fullbacks and tight ends, but pretty much held his own. Newhouse is continuing to impress me, and for some reason reminds me a lot of Earl Dotson...minus the temper.

Green Bay showed how champions fight. They took a few knockout punches from the contender and battled back to win rope-a-dope style!

Alex Green was impressive in his one play last night. He showed good burst and ability to get the yards required. I think that they'll continue to slowly work him into games so that he'll be yet another weapon in the post season.

One Viking-related rant: I heard the 100.3 guys talking this morning about how they think that the Packers are no different than the Colts, one injury to Aaron Rodgers away from being a bad team. Do these guys even follow football? The Packers almost beat the Patriots in NE last season with Matt Flynn. The Vikings keep short-hopping away victories against bad teams with McFlabb. Those radio guys really are a disgrace, because they act like jealous fans instead of informed hosts.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the continued improvement of the Packers secondary. Burnett and Peprah did an unheralded job of containing Jones, White, and the Matt Ryan-led Falcons offense. It would be great to have Nick Collins back but these guys are starting to pull it together.

If you think the Packers are a contender without Rodgers, you're delusional. Basing things off one game in which Flynn played OK is pretty shaky reasoning. Rodgers is probably the most valuable player in the NFL right now. Without him, The Pack would be also-rans.

If you think the Packers are a contender without Rodgers, you're delusional. Basing things off one game in which Flynn played OK is pretty shaky reasoning. Rodgers is probably the most valuable player in the NFL right now. Without him, The Pack would be also-rans.

That could be said for a lot of teams. What if Brady went down for the Pats, Brees down for the Saints? Heck, that could be said about any of the top teams.

McCarthy described Clifton's hamstring injury as significant. They aren't releasing details yet, but it sounds like it will be a few weeks before they even know how serious it really is. So get used to Newhouse playing LT, with Sherrod holding down the RT spot until Bulaga gets back.

If Clifton is out for the season, it will be interesting to see if they move Bulaga to LT at some point or just roll with the other guys.

One Viking-related rant: I heard the 100.3 guys talking this morning about how they think that the Packers are no different than the Colts, one injury to Aaron Rodgers away from being a bad team. Do these guys even follow football?

As stated earlier this is true for every single team in the NFL. The NFL is a QB league, if you don't have a decent QB your not a good team, plain and simple. Thanks K-Fan for the intellect, typical KFan garbage.

Hurry Skunkedagain you need to be debugged after listening to KFAN, you don't have a lot of time, please hurry. grin

All teams would suffer some kind of setback without their QB, especially if they are tops in the league. However, the distinction comes between teams that would drop down and rung and teams that would go 0-5 like the Colts. Most non-Minnesotans would agree that the Packers are strong at most positions (i.e. Rodgers isn't propping up a marginal team). Toss in the fact that Flynn has been talked about as the next Kevin Kolb, a guy who is ready to take a shot at being a starter and has shown the ability to keep his team in games when called upon - especially when you're talking about playing one of the hardest teams in the Patriots.

Clifton (at the extreme) may be done for the season based on some reports. McCarthy said it would be weeks before they can even make a determination. Newhouse and Sherrod will be okay, especially if Bulaga is able to come back this week. The real problem is not having any kind of backup if Newhouse or Sherrod goes down against the Rams!

I hope that Mark Tauscher is running some laps and doing some wind sprints, waiting for Ted Thompson to call his phone.

Looks like Bulaga(OT) & Zombo(OLB) are both expected to play this weekend after returning from injuries. Unfortunately, Morgan Burnett(S) broke a bone in his hand and is being fitted for a cast. It doesn't sound serious, and he is expected to play, however the cast is expected to affect his tackling and ball handling.

Neal(DE) is still expected back after the buy in a few weeks. Collins(S) was placed on IR and Ray Domiguez(G/C) was signed from the practice squad.

Never thought I would describe a 24-3 win as mediocre, but that was what it was. The D continues to bend but not break, which is a dangerous game against better competition. Just way too much yardage given up. On "O" the receivers caught a case of the drops in the second half, including a Jennings drop that led to an interception. Seemed like they lost focus in the second half, which happens when you have a big lead.

The only injury that I am aware of was Sam Shields concussion after his interception in the end zone. He did not return and no update has been given yet. Bulaga returned and made it through fine and Zombo was worked in as well for his first game action of the season. Should get Neal back after the bye. Having Zombo + Neal back will definitely help the D in all aspects, as their fill ins have been only OK.

6-0. Play the Vikes next week and then they have a much needed bye.

You always want to see your team steamroll the bottom of the barrel, but time and time again you see good teams lower the game in these situations. So while it would have been nice to see a blowout, it's nice to get a win in one of these "trap" games. There was no emotion for this game. It won't weigh too heavily in my brain.

Now if they play that way against their rival Vikings next weekend, that would be more of a concern for me. I think that they'll find a way to own the Vikings and whomever is left holding the long straw for QB duties.

The Pack played an easy team. They took it easy, relatively speaking, and still won handily. Since they took it easy, they'll have an easier time recovering and readying for the Vikes. Works for me. Can you say easy? Hopefully! smile

You guys are all more optimistic than me. I think that the Packers will win by 7-10 points but things are getting real emotional for MN now and it's just in time to play a hated rival. If anything, the Bears showed that given some extra TE and RB protection, even Cutler could pick apart the Vikings secondary.

Shields(concussion) and Zombo(hyper extended knee) haven't practiced and will probably be out vs the Vikes.

Woodson and Mathews both practiced this week, which unusual in a good way.

I think it will be closer than most people think.

Hawk was fined $10k for his inside joke last week.

I love a good Green and Gold Mojito, buuuut, I too think it will be a close game. Defense secondary is barely a third-ary and unless we commit Hawk to pass rushing with Matthews, that has been a let down also.

On the flip side the Vikings secondary is more of a fourth-dary and if Rogers can build a sizeable lead early, they will have a non-existant second half like last week. I expect a fairly close game.

Good Luck!

Ken

I really don't think it will be close. The Vikes are terrible, there record is 1-5 for a reason, and things did not get easier for them starting a rookie QB this week.

Pack by at least 14. I'll go 31-14.

To me it depends on which Vikings team shows up to play. The one that played lights-out in the first halves of games, or the one that tripped over itself in the second halves. That's the reason that they are 1-5. Except for against the Bears, they have been bi-polar team.

That's no news to Packers fans.

But non Packers fans DO tend to throw up a little in their mouths when they read those stories. gringrin

Quote:
Packers fan goes into a bar and says to the bartender; "I just heard the funniest Viking joke ever....wanna hear it?" Before the bartender can reply, the guy next to the Packer fan interrupts. "Hey buddy, before you tell that joke, you should know a few things. I'm 6'1", 210 pounds and am a Viking fan. My buddy here is 6'3", 220. My bro next to him is 6'4", 240 pounds. We all work out at the gym every day. Still wanna tell that little joke?" All 3 men glare at the Packer guy. Packers fan calmly looks at them and says; "Naww. I don't wanna hafta explain it three times."

I can't take credit for this, it was sent by a friend....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And God Created Wisconsin ….

God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired, "Where have you been?"

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor. Balance in all things."

God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel , impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, "What's that one?"

"That's Wisconsin , the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful rivers and streams, lakes, forests, and hills. The people from Wisconsin are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace, and producers of good things. Champions shall come from here!"

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "But what about balance, God? You said there would be balance."

God smiled, "I will create Minnesota , wait till you see the clowns I put there. They will field a football team to provide entertainment, they will wear purple and play in a domed stadium."

Michael inquisitively asked, "Why a domed stadium?"

God chuckled and said, "You see Michael,...even I don't want to watch them play football."

It's graduation day for a Minnesota public high school, and the kids are all getting diplomas except for Rodney. He's their star football player, who could have gotten a full scholarship to go to any school in the country, but since he didn't pass enough classes, he wasn't even going to graduate.

As the diplomas are being handed out, Rodney shows up, and all the kids start chanting, "Give Rodney a chance, give Rodney a chance."

So the principal says, "Okay, Rodney. If you can answer this question, You can gets the diplomas and you can graduate. What is three plus two?"

Rodney replies, "Eight."

The principal says, "No, it is five. You can't graduate."

The crowd chants, "Give Rodney another chance, give Rodney another chance."

The principal says, "Okay, Rodney. If you can answer this question, You can gets a diplomas and graduate. What is five minus one?"

Rodney replies, "Two."

The principal says, "Sorry, Rodney, it is four. You can't graduate."

The crowd chants, "Give Rodney another chance, give Rodney another chance."

The principal says, "Okay, Rodney, this your last chance. If you can answer this question, I'll gives yo the diplomas and you can graduate... what is three

times three?"

Rodney answers, "Nine."

The crowd chants, "Give Rodney another chance... give Rodney another chance..."

#96 for the Vikings kicking people in the junk, nice. Just about wraps up their season. Really, your laying on your back and you decide to kick someone in the groin, then your players give you a high five on the sidelines. WOW crazy