• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Green Bay Packers, YODTT

snoozebutton

Hopefully the report on Jennings comes back good. The Pack are going to be tough to beat down the stretch. But they are going to have to buckle down and be running on all cylinders to stay unbeaten and repeat. Should be a fun few weeks of football ahead of us!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

What did I miss? New Orleans is 10-3, the Pack 13-0, 3 games left, and GB beat NO head to head. That's the first tie breaker, correct? I could be mistaken, but I don't feel like reading tiebreaker protocol, so if that's the case, fill me in.

Don't know why, but I heard it on NFLN tonight and read it in an article regarding the GB/Oak game.

SF is 10-3 too, right?

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Hopefully the report on Jennings comes back good.

Just read this on PFT:

He is suspected of having a torn MCL. MRI tomorrow.

hoping for the best with Jennings that did not look good at all, first round bye is a lock bring on KC so we can lock up the #1 spot

I hope Jennings isn't out for a long period of time - but judging from his emotions, he might be. Good thing is if he is hurt, he will have a few weeks to try and get healthy.

Heres a questions for all of us "from Minnesota Green Bay packer fans". Do any of you have that guy at work, friend, or whatever that thinks they know absolutely everything about football? Got a guy at work here, just thinks he's an absolute god with fantasy fb, all of fb in general. He's a band wagon jumper for the Vikings. He's the guy that brings 14 binders to your fantasy draft. Mind you, the guy has never played a down of football in his life. His football guru mind says this morning "the only reason the packers have been good all year is because they haven't played anybody yet".

My questions is how would you react? I myself bit my tongue, walked away and said, do you even watch football on sundays? I'm a diehard packer fan, have been all my life, have many years of ball under my belt playing HS and College D2 ball - but these guys like this set me over the edge. How does one not get upset about these idiots? Sorry, just had to vent!!

My questions is how would you react?
If he were a Viking fan, I'd say that his team hasn't played anybody this year either so the difference between 13-0 and 2-11 is what makes a good team.

However, in general it's easy for me to walk away from folks that are clearly devoid of logic and good sense. It's like arguing with someone about a conspiracy theory...the nature of the argument tends to render logical thoughts irrelevant.

Even being a die-hard Vikings fan, I will say that the pack have had a great season. Regardless of who they have played, the whole fact of the matter is, they are 13-0. I personally can't see them losing a game this year. And while I will always be a fan of the Purple, I will give this one thing to you Packers fans......Go Pack Go!

I can see them losing to the Lions the last week of the season. The lions could be playing for a playoff spot and Pack will be playing for nothing. They may sit guys who are borderline injured.

I would not be suprised if they lose week 17

Looks like we dodged a bullet with Jennings.

From the Green Bay Press Gazette:

The results of Monday’s tests showed that Jennings avoided a season-ending knee injury, but he is expected to miss the remaining three regular-season games as the Packers attempt to go 16-0.

Though the diagnosis wasn’t revealed, McCarthy said Jennings would miss “a couple weeks.” Given the timeline for his return, Jennings almost certainly sprained his medial collateral ligament when he landed awkwardly during the third quarter of Sunday’s win over Oakland at Lambeau Field. The return from an MCL sprain is typically two to six weeks.

“Two or three weeks, we have three games left,” McCarthy said Monday. “Yes, I would think it would be safe to say he’d be back for the playoffs.”

As far as Vikes fans that rib you, just tell him to go check the Schedule/Standings and get back to you. wink Oh yeah, and they won a little something last year called the Superbowl, so I think its probably not a fluke. smile Otherwise just walk away, don't want to create a "hostile work environment".

His football guru mind says this morning "the only reason the packers have been good all year is because they haven't played anybody yet".

My questions is how would you react? I myself bit my tongue, walked away and said, do you even watch football on sundays? I'm a diehard packer fan, have been all my life, have many years of ball under my belt playing HS and College D2 ball - but these guys like this set me over the edge. How does one not get upset about these idiots? Sorry, just had to vent!!

Just poor him another glass of Purple Kool aid. You can't reason with somebody who has been drinking the Purple Kool aid and listening to

K-FAN. grin

Do they really "need" Jennings ? I guess so but the pack are in a whole nuther level compared to the rest of the league.

Just heard this on ESPN. I must have missed it earlier.

When the Pack played in San Diego, P. Rivers had to go to a silent snap count in his own stadium due to the Packer Fans.

Awesome!

Go Pack!

At least another week of Fantasy Rodgers...he had a rough game. Unless SF loses Monday night and they shelf him. But I would still think he'd get a half to dice teams up.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Just heard this on ESPN. I must have missed it earlier.

When the Pack played in San Diego, P. Rivers had to go to a silent snap count in his own stadium due to the Packer Fans.

Awesome!

Go Pack!

I heard this on ESPN,

when the Packers played Kansas City all Packer fans went silent after lowly KC ruined their perfect record quest laugh

I heard this on ESPN,

when the Packers played Kansas City all Packer fans went silent after lowly KC ruined their perfect record quest laugh

Now we know how Vikings' fans feel each week.

Takes a very good team to go a season with only one loss! and still a very good team with 2 or 3 losses!

Good Luck!

Ken

Rather they lose now than in the playoffs!!!

Time to hunker down, get everybody healthy, and focus on getting right for the playoffs.

The Pack had better watch out if my Giants make the Post season. They are the only team that will be able to travel to GB in the snow and beat them.

Simple1

With as banged up as their OL is, that's not saying much, projecting only 2 starters for the next game. They could lose to anybody right now, especially anybody with a good pass rush like the Giants. Detroit is going to be tough to handle the last game of the year.

Packers took care of business wrapping up home field for the playoffs and Rodgers had his first 5 TD game which probably locks up the MVP trophy if he hadn't already. Bears are now officially eliminated and I think that ATL has been locked into a Wild Card spot.

All the pieces are in place.

Packers took care of business wrapping up home field for the playoffs and Rodgers had his first 5 TD game which probably locks up the MVP trophy if he hadn't already. Bears are now officially eliminated and I think that ATL has been locked into a Wild Card spot.

All the pieces are in place.

Almost... The Giants/Cowboys game is huge. If the Giants get in the playoffs, they are the only team that will be able to beat the Packers. But, there is no way the Giants get by the Saints without a miracle. Nobody else can travel to Green Bay and get a win. The Saints, Falcons, 49rs, and Lions all get smoked in Green Bay. If the Giants make the playoffs, their biggest test will be getting past the Saints. If that happens, the Packers do not make the Super Bowl.

Simple1

I think the Saints are the team that can go to Lambeau and win. They are clicking on offense and their Defense looked pretty good last night against the Falcons. Brees can trade TD for TD with A. Rod, I think that's what you need to do to beat the Pack.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The Pack looks pretty good.

Looks like a back to back Super Bowl Trophy is coming the Packers way.